No announcement yet.

"Oh, when you meet The One, you just know."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew I was meant to be with my SO from the moment we started talking. It was just a weird feeling, more like a sixth sense.

First met: June 2012
    Became Committed: June 04, 2012
    Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
    Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

While I don't believe in two halves I believe in "Soul Mates" and something that I call "The One"

For me Soul Mates work on a level of soul, not love, while I think my SO is my Soul Mate I also find one in a friend, female friend that I've never met but we operate on the same 'waves'.

And the Idea of The One is not equal to me with ONLY one person existing to complete me. It's more of The RIGHT One. For me right now.

We change as we grow, and I tell you my SO wouldn't be The One for me few years ago, Still we met, fell in love, felt the connection, formed a friendship and decided to work our hardest to stay together for the rest of our lives.

Some people get lucky to feel that 'zing' of connection that we call finding The One, other just get gradually into loving each other. Both of them can make it work, both can fuck it up.

IMO It's easier to start with someone who is just The Perfect For Me but it doesn't change the fact you have to put some work into keeping the fire burning, because even if you find The One person and then just do nothing, or worse... The One You Really Love might turn into The One You Regret Loosing The Most.
      “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
      ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
      Closed the distance >21.03.2015
      sigpic

Comment

I believe similarly to many of the previous posters... I don't think my SO is the only one for me... he also wasn't immediately so perfect for me... It was a combination of chemistry and attraction and being compatible to work out our problems... The idea of finding someone else if this relationship fails depresses me... not because he is "The One" and I will never have something similar with someone else... but because I know how much work it has taken for us to get to this point and the idea of starting all over again is just too much for me...

Sometimes, I get lapse in my logical thinking where I could really feel like he is my soulmate... but like a previous poster mentioned, he is more like a puzzle piece that fits well with me, and a number of other puzzle pieces may fit too, but a whole lot of them won't fit!
        First met online: June, 2010
        First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
        Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Third visit together: August, 2012
        Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
        Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
        Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

I've always been a hopeless romantic. I dated a couple of people before I met my BF. After one of our first talks on the phone, I knew he was different. We'd been talking a few weeks and I really knew I'd found someone special. There is a connection that we have that I've never had with someone before. He is the "one" for me. People always said you'd just know. Now, I know what they were talking about. Sounds cheesy, but it's true!

Comment

I really don't believe in "The One" either. I had a few a them in my life. I really did love my ex once. I would have stayed with him if he had gotten help for his anger a few years earlier. He did not and it killed the love I had for him.

I will say this, I never intended to love my SO. He was an internet buddy and we just clicked so well that for 6 months we just could not stop making each other more a part of the other's lives. When we met, it was like magic. I felt the air knocked out of me. I remember it all as a blur of happiness. I never had that with anyone else, but I met them in a very different ways.

In an LDR we really vet our SO's before we decide to even meet them or date them sometimes. I think maybe this is party why him and I are so very compatible.
            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X