Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

congrats!!! gorgeuss ring!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I love the ring. I'm not a diamonds kind of girl, and he did an amazing job picking one out.

@Heavenly_Love12 - Everyone actually lands on the Get Married spot. The game forces you to stop there. I was the last one to hit the spot though, so it worked out nicely for him.

@piratemama - I laughed a little at the "romantic" comment. I love my SO, and he did such a good job with this, but he struggles with the romantic side of things. lol. His second idea for proposing was to pretend he cut himself while working with the woodsaw, and after I panicked he would turn around with the ring. He obviously decided that may not be the best way to go.

@snow_girl - I'll be back in June for at least four months. Maybe you can help me figure out where to buy wedding shoes or makeup or something. I'm sure I'll be in a panic around that time seeing as how I don't know my way around Edmonton at all.

Comment

Congrats!!!!
                Love the ring!!!

Comment

Congratulations. Your ring is gorgeous!
                  Last edited by Sanja; April 11, 2014, 07:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Heavenly_Love12 View Post
                    I wonder if he someone rigged the game so you would land on that spot at some point. A wedding in the mountains sounds gorgeous and like a fantastic location for an elopement
                    I was thinking the same thing I don't know how that would work, though!

Either way, congrats =D.

Comment

Oh wow I'm so so sooooooooooooo happy for you The ring is absolutely fabulous!
                      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Congratulations! The ring is SO gorgeous, totally different from the usual white diamond but still so pretty.

Just out of curiosity, are you going to be immigrating to Canada or is he going to try for a green card in the states? I'm just super curious as I'm in a Canadian-US LDR and we've thought and talked about this 2589275 times and haven't come to a decision as who wants to move here, haa. I've looked up some of the sponsorship processes and was just curious.
                        [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                        became official: 28.03.11
                        first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                        second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                        our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                        third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                        fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                        surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                        viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                        jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                        my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Your proposal story is soooo sweet and I seriously squee'd! I am so happy for you. The ring is gorgeous!!!! Congrats!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Thanks guys! It's nice to have a place with people who are so supportive. My family, while happy for me, are really struggling with the idea of me moving so it's nice to have a place where people are just genuinely happy for me.

Originally posted by lovefrom2800milesaway View Post
                            Congratulations! The ring is SO gorgeous, totally different from the usual white diamond but still so pretty.

Just out of curiosity, are you going to be immigrating to Canada or is he going to try for a green card in the states? I'm just super curious as I'm in a Canadian-US LDR and we've thought and talked about this 2589275 times and haven't come to a decision as who wants to move here, haa. I've looked up some of the sponsorship processes and was just curious.
                            I'll move to Canada. My SO has the more established life there. He was a great job, his own home, etc. I have a job that I won't mind losing, and I'm just renting my place. Plus health care is much cheaper for me in Canada than it is here in the US. The idea of not being in medical debt one day really appeals to me.

Comment

Wow what a nice story! Congratulations on your engagement. I know i have been there!
                              Its hard growing up without a father, but its easy when you have a fantastic mother who plays both roles.

Comment

Wow, congratulations ! Your ring is gorgeous

Comment

Working...
                                X