I said yes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said yes!

(It is impossibly hard to come up with an original title for something like this)

This is actually a thread I meant to make about two weeks or so ago but it has taken me longer than usual to come out of my "post visit funk."

As the title implies, we're engaged! I was completely surprised. I didn't even know he was looking at rings. We hadn't discussed engagement in detail or the future for that matter. We've always been more of an "in the moment" kind of couple.

Every Wednesday night is game night for my SO and his friends. Usually they play Magic, and I try to learn (I'm not very good at it). During the time I was there we played a lot of board games so I could participate. That night we were playing The Game of Life. Everything was going along as usual until I landed on the "Get Married!" spot. Next thing I know my SO is on one knee in front of me with a ring. The first thing I said was "You're doing this here and now?!" Super romantic of me. I, obviously, said yes eventually.

Here are pictures of the ring and of the exact moment I realized what he was doing. You can't tell, but I still have money from the game in my hand. (Apologies about the poor quality of the second one)

So here I am, engaged to the Canadian I never thought I stood a chance with. It's funny how things work out. I always said I would never get married again, yet everything about this feels right. We are planning a small elopement in the mountains over the summer, and I'm already in a panic about the visa. I couldn't be happier.

Congratulations!!!
    I absolutely love your ring. So pretty

Comment

Congratulations! The ring is beautiful and you look really happy!!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Congrats! That's a really cute way to propose

Met online: 1/30/11
        Met in person: 5/30/12
        Second visit: 9/12/12
        Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Awwww, congrats. That's a very sweet engagement story. Happy for you!
          My heart belongs to a pilot!
          ~*~
          ~*~
          [/center]

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you two! I love the ring and the way he proposed! I wonder if he someone rigged the game so you would land on that spot at some point. A wedding in the mountains sounds gorgeous and like a fantastic location for an elopement
              Our love story:
              Attended the same high school 2004-2007
              Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
              Reconnected: August 2012
              Began dating LD: November 2012
              Engaged! March 2014
              Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Congratulations! I loved your story of the way he proposed! What a cute idea! And such a pretty ring!

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

Ahhhh...

Best wishes. Thank you for sharing your sweet story. Your ring is beautiful. You are lucky to have such a thoughtful and romantic man.

Comment

Congrats!! Thats so awesome! It also makes me happy to know you'll be back and maybe we can finally meet up!

Comment

That's such a cute way to propose! And a beautiful ring! Congratulations!!

Comment

Congrats!
                        I love the ring!!!

Comment

That is such a original and romantic way to propose! Congratulations
                          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

congratulations! you both look so happy!
                            When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
                            no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Congrats! Very pretty ring!

Comment

Working...
                              X