Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
    First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
    Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
    Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
    Engaged!: June 1, 2013
    Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbiejeanne View Post
      I'm absolutely a fan of the single, princess cut diamond! I would post a picture, but that's self explanatory

Another idea that would be really sweet is... well, let me explain the back story real quick before I say the idea. I have a ring that I have worn everyday since my sophomore year in High School. It was my Grandmother's old Wedding Ring. Of course, my Grandma, being her fabulous self, took out the diamonds and put them in a new setting around a bigger diamond (one my grandfather couldn't originally afford when he proposed)
      I would LOVE LOVE LOVE, if my ring got "stolen" and new diamonds put into in.
      It would be so much cheaper to already have the setting... hence I could get better diamonds ;D

Here's a picture:

This is a great idea!
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I've always wanted a simple platinum/white gold vintage style ring (with a 1 carat diamond).
        sigpic

Comment

My engagement ring is my grandmother's. She got married over 50 years ago so the ring is very traditional and the band is kinda black because she was allergic to the gold. But I still like it.

It's very close to that. I don't have a picture of the ring on my computer.

For a wedding ring, I want a claddagh ring with a blue stone in it. Like this:
          ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
          The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

They should be so expensive... How much costs a gold one? And the guy doesn't get anything? ¬¬ So unfair

And after this also buy the wedding ring... What will happen with the engagement ring when you get the wedding one?
            Why am I always trying the impossible?

Comment

I don't really like wearing rings, I'm too clumsy and I feel uncomfortable in them for some reason. But if I had to choose, I'm a pearl girl. I couldn't bear wearing an expensive ring in case I lost it/broke it (very likely in my case), and I think small, delicate pearls look really simple and classy.

And Enric - I think some women carry on wearing their engagement rings after they get married, along with their wedding band. I guess that comes down to personal taste. And men might not get a ring, but they do get awesome lingerie on the wedding night. I think that's a fair deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Enric View Post
                They should be so expensive... How much costs a gold one? And the guy doesn't get anything? ¬¬ So unfair

And after this also buy the wedding ring... What will happen with the engagement ring when you get the wedding one?
                the girl usually wears both the engagement and wedding ring at the same time.at least thats what i am going to do.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Oh, and my mother wants to give me and him our wedding bands as a gift, so he will only have to spend on my engagement ring.
                our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I want a marquise cut from Tiffany's, haha.

Too bad they start at $21000!!

Although realistically, I would love a square cut solitaire on a white gold band, 0.5ct.

Like that, but a bit smaller

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                  Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Do you all want to get the ring in a surprise proposal? Or do you want to pick it out with your SO? The former can be kind of risky, I guess.

Comment

My SO might freak if he sees me posting in this thread...

I'd like it to be something old, perhaps Victorian or art nouveau. Not a big fan of the solitaire diamond/yellow gold rings -- too generic to me.

That's a pretty one I think.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainKaz View Post
                        Do you all want to get the ring in a surprise proposal? Or do you want to pick it out with your SO? The former can be kind of risky, I guess.
                        I want to heavily hint which kind I'd like, but I want a surprise proposal! Unless my SO got me something completely out of my taste, I'd be happy I've explained to him why a lot of women (including me!) prefer white gold jewellery over yellow gold, so I hope he remembers when the time comes!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                        Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

So I've posted here before, but every time this post comes back up I look up rings and find more I like! Hehe

I'm not big into rocks (especially diamonds.. ethical reasons), but I like that this has green and blue stones. Our birthstones. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww

Oh I just figured out I could edit them. Rose gold!!!

Now I feel a little bit crazy.
                          Last edited by lucybelle; September 23, 2011, 01:02 PM. Reason: new picture!!

Comment

Originally posted by kteire View Post
                            I want to heavily hint which kind I'd like, but I want a surprise proposal! Unless my SO got me something completely out of my taste, I'd be happy I've explained to him why a lot of women (including me!) prefer white gold jewellery over yellow gold, so I hope he remembers when the time comes!
                            What happens if your SO spends a whole bunch of time picking it out and it's STILL awful? What's the etiquette for that, I wonder?

Comment

https://www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/store...51|15051.15057

I love love love that one there... I'm a little young to be thinking about engagement rings but hey, a girl can dream, aye? :P But I love bands that loop like that... <3
                              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                              Met online: February 2009
                              Feelings confessed: December 2010
                              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                              to be continued...

Comment

This is the mother of all engagement rings that I am IN love with, ladies! It will never happen, but a girl can dream.. And check out that price tag!

https://www.tiffany.ca/Engagement/it...01/3001/0/2001

Comment

Working...
                                X