No announcement yet.

Engagement rings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, 3 month's salary is an exorbitant amount to pay for jewelery. Even one month's is a lot...I mean, depending on the salary, that's still over $1500 for a ring. You can get nice ones for under $1000, heck, even under $800.

I'd rather Penn spent that money on his rent and bills, ya know? And save whatever's left over at the end of each month for a ring.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

So this thread made me go looking online.. and I've come to the conclusion that I don't like typical engagement rings at all. Here's hoping Obi proposes without a ring and then takes me shopping! haha
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
        So this thread made me go looking online.. and I've come to the conclusion that I don't like typical engagement rings at all. Here's hoping Obi proposes without a ring and then takes me shopping! haha
        etsy.com. Check it. You'll love the options there.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Hey thanks! Some of these are really different!
          I'm liking ones that look like roses... or have vines and stuff. Nothing I must have though (which is good! I don't want to have my heart set on a style and not get it)

Comment

Hmm I haven't found anything under $1000 - but I am in Australia (Different currencies and different prices) and for a decent ring whether it be platinum/gold or diamond/wherever you really cannot spend under $1500 for just the engagement ring. Heck I know someone who spent $3000 on a white gold and cubic zirconia ring.... I was like WTF...
            I want my ring to last and these days a lot of couples both pay for the ring...
            But if the "traditional rule" is one month pay then he's still looking at $2000- 2500 for a ring and he is completely happy with that amount. I think saving for a while is a good decision and obviously you cannot save everything you earn in one month, so this amount takes a lot longer thus it gives to experience life as a couple and make sure it is the right decision.
            I'm not trying to sounds like a snob but I really don't want to wear something for the rest of my life that we're not happy with (I know he wouldn't be happy if he felt he didnt spend as much as he could on it).
            Expensive rings can have stories behind them too - we're going on a holiday to Thailand to have it made it will remind me of our holiday and everything that happens there

Comment

I have a beautiful white gold filigree Princess Cut diamond...on the side are small cut outs of hearts...he picked it out...his first time buying anything from a jewerly store (WOW!) and he couldn't have done a better job!
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                Let's hope that'll happen then! Maybe start a discussion about it and gently hint what sort of a ring you'd prefer?

I'm pretty confident that Sam will get me a ring that I'll love. I think we've talked about it enough/seen enough pictures

..I'm thinking as long as it's not silver, I'll be happy

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
                I have a beautiful white gold filigree Princess Cut diamond...on the side are small cut outs of hearts...he picked it out...his first time buying anything from a jewerly store (WOW!) and he couldn't have done a better job!
                Wow, impressive! Would love to see some pictures if there's a way you could show us

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
                  I wanna see pics, too!

/jewelry whore off

Comment

Add me to the list who wants to see!

I always thought I'd want to pick my own engagement ring, but now I kind of like the idea of being surprised. And I think it would mean a lot to him to be able to pick out the ring for me. I would like to do some window shopping and show him some examples of what I like, though. I trust him, but not 100%! :P

My dream ring (for years) has been the Tiffany's Ribbon Ring. It makes me sad to look at it, though, because it is SO not in my future. Maybe we'll strike it rich and I can mega upgrade my ring some day. Here is the dream ring:

Comment

I like this one... But I don't know what I want yet... The world is full of beautiful rings!

(And this is what HE likes! Well, I like it, too. )

Oh, it won't show the other one
                      How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good-bye so hard!

Comment

Originally posted by elina View Post
                        Let's hope that'll happen then! Maybe start a discussion about it and gently hint what sort of a ring you'd prefer?
                        Can't lol, we don't talk about marriage!

I want to see pics as well! sharing is caring and all.

Comment

All these pictures makes me wanna get engaged now!
                          Going ring-window-shopping today though

Comment

Oh, and on that note - my boyfriend and I were talking about it, and he told me to save pictures of rings I really liked >_> :3 Hee! He's mentioned he's going to propose while out here!

Comment

I know Penn wants to ask...but I also know he wants to do the ring selection all by himself.

Unfortunately, that has meant little to no input from me about anything that's important to me: a small, ethically* mined (preferably Canadian) stone, and preferably received from a small, local jeweler, as they're more likely to work with you to get exactly what you want than the huge chains such as Kay, Jared, or Zales. (Not to mention that I really can't find anything I 100% love from those stores)

*technically there is no ethically diamond mining, so we'll just go with "not mined in a war-torn country that uses diamonds as currency for weapons"

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

here's what I like:

I REALLY like tanzanite and white gold I would be very happy with any of those. I would be really mad if he spent a tonne on it though, but I think I have drilled it in to him that I hate him spending money on me, so he might at least take that hint. My SO is being a bestman this weekend, it's making me all excited for our engagement/wedding

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                                <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                                The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                                <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                                <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                                Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                                Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X