Engagement rings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casey View Post
    I found this picture and knew I had to post it in this thread! I've always said I would prefer to pick my own (just because my SO is not that great with things like that) but if he went and got this I would be soooooo happy
    So THE PERFECT RING IS:
    I love it, I love it, I love it... then with a matching wedding ring Basically I prefer a delicate band (I have small fingers) that have some sort of intricate detail/antiquey looking, and a nice shiny rock!

Anyway, in regards to the question about engraving - I think the date would be nice, on both rings even (i.e. date of engagement on engagement ring, and date of wedding on wedding ring). I'm sure if my partner and I were more culturally diverse we would want to incorporate that into an inscribtion on our rings - so I think your guys ideas are pretty cool
    Thats pretty much exactly the kind of ring I'd want! Beautiful.
    [CENTER]"True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

Comment

Originally posted by LostInLove View Post
      I was wandering around on that etsy site and happened across this, and I actually really like it:

It's simple, doesn't stick out too much, and makes a good reference to tying the knot. And REALLY inexpensive. I don't want my potential fiancee to spend thousands on an engagement ring, I'd rather we go travelling. I just found out that you're supposed to wear your wedding ring WITH your engagment ring though (my mom never had an engagement ring, only the wedding one). It would be fine by me though to have a throw-away engagement ring like this that would be replaced by a wedding ring.

My friend just got engaged and her fiance had the best idea. She doesn't really like diamonds and isn't a flashy person, so he got her a wood ring! Well, he got her a temporary one until he finds out her size, and he's getting one designed I think. It TOTALLY suits her, and is very unique. Something like the stuff on this website I assume: https://www.touchwoodrings.com/.
      Wow! That's lovely! I love the symbolism and simplicity. Now that I've seen this I don't know if I want a princess cut or this... I feel like this is a bit more me... We'll see what my SO thinks once he decides he actually wants to marry me! hahah.
      [CENTER]"True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

Comment

I am terribly picky when it comes to jewelry, but when I saw this ring I felt a little tug at my heart:

Basically I don't want a HUUUGE rock, and I'd prefer something that's set lower on the band - I don't like it when they stick out really far. I have no clue about this "4 Cs" stuff that everyone talks about, hahaha.

There's also my grandmother's engagement ring, which is very very pretty and fits me perfectly, but it has a bit of a bad history to it... My grandmother got divorced when my mom was 4. I don't know the details, but I'm not sure if it'd be back luck or something to wear it.

I looked at that celtic ring site and they kept using terms unfamiliar to me. "Open bridged"? "Open wire"? Anyone know what those mean?

EDIT: Ooh, found another one I really like. It's pretty when the center stone isn't too big, but closer in size to the stones it's between, and I like the shape of the side stones:

I think I'd be okay with either the heart shape or the round shape, but I really wouldn't be able to tell unless I saw it in real life first.

Comment

The second one is really pretty, I ike the heart shaped diamond (?)

Ahh, my SO asked me today if I like shiny things (when we were talking about presents). I know he would never get me an engagement ring (yet, haha) but maybe he'll get me another ring. Or some other jewelry. I'm excited for christmas

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleLove View Post
            Ahh, my SO asked me today if I like shiny things (when we were talking about presents). I know he would never get me an engagement ring (yet, haha) but maybe he'll get me another ring. Or some other jewelry. I'm excited for christmas
            Aw, how exciting! Getting jewellery is kinda nice, I must admit

Comment

Personally if/when I'm proposed to, I'd rather it be done with like a 25 cent ring from a machine or some other cheep ring, then go shopping for a ring afterwards. I don't know what kind of engagement ring I want, but I know what kind of wedding ring I want.

This is the explanation of the ring:
              "Legend has that this style of ring originated in Turkey first, so as to ensure the loyalty of a man's wife. If she returned with no ring or a puzzled ring then that would prove she was disloyal.

If taken off it separates into to many confusing rings that prove difficult to return to their proper form, and proves to the other that the ring has been removed.

Times have changed and now the ring is not only used as a wedding band but also as a luxurious and beautiful conversation piece. Although the idea may have started in Turkey this piece is entirely Celtic in style, and can be worn as an eclectic accessory for friends, couples or even bachelors."

Comment

Originally posted by bleedinghearts13 View Post
                "Legend has that this style of ring originated in Turkey first, so as to ensure the loyalty of a man's wife. If she returned with no ring or a puzzled ring then that would prove she was disloyal.

If taken off it separates into to many confusing rings that prove difficult to return to their proper form, and proves to the other that the ring has been removed.

Times have changed and now the ring is not only used as a wedding band but also as a luxurious and beautiful conversation piece. Although the idea may have started in Turkey this piece is entirely Celtic in style, and can be worn as an eclectic accessory for friends, couples or even bachelors."
                Hey, that's pretty neat! Original!
                My heart belongs to a pilot!
                ~*~
                ~*~
                [/center]

Comment

Originally posted by bleedinghearts13 View Post

That is SO cool, I want one now! Man, this thread makes me wanna be engaged nowwww!

Comment

Originally posted by Lexi View Post
                    That is SO cool, I want one now! Man, this thread makes me wanna be engaged nowwww!
                    Hahaha same here
                    Everytime I'm reading this thread I'm like: jeez time, go by faster

Comment

wow i really like this. traditionally diamonds are used but lately there are alot of people using gemstones. and they are beautiful too like this one.

Comment

I want white or rose gold. And heart shaped or round. I really don't like princess or square cut. I hope someone tells my honey before he proposes(although that wont be too soon)
                        He just got me a necklace for Christmas(ya he gave it to me early) thats yellow gold(probably not real though.lol) and a square cute opal. It's really pretty. I don't know maybe it'll change my mind but really white gold and round is more my style. Or something cool and different. I also like black diamonds.hehe
                        I don't think I'll be able to wear an engagement ring too much though,I'm going to school to be a chef right now. All your really allowed to wear is a simple wedding band. I've seen those finger print ones before. I like them.

Comment

I want white or rose gold. And heart shaped or round. I really don't like princess or square cut. I hope someone tells my honey before he proposes(although that wont be too soon)
                          He just got me a necklace for Christmas(ya he gave it to me early) thats yellow gold(probably not real though.lol) and a square cute opal. It's really pretty. I don't know maybe it'll change my mind but really white gold and round is more my style. Or something cool and different. I also like black diamonds.hehe
                          I don't think I'll be able to wear an engagement ring too much though,I'm going to school to be a chef right now. All your really allowed to wear is a simple wedding band. I've seen those finger print ones before. I like them.

Comment

I fell in love with this vintage-inspired ring when I was trying to find an example of the style I like since he was having such trouble ring shopping...My example turned out to be The One, so we called the jeweler and found out it was in-stock, and went to see and purchase it that very day

Comment

Your ring is lovely!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Mizpah your ring is gorgeous!
                                I'm looking for something similar. Adam and I went engagement ring shopping the other day
                                I'm thinking I might take this photo into this local lady who makes beautiful rings like this

I really like this style but ideally I would have different engraving/styling on the band... something more floral I think

Comment

Working...
                                X