Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...when did you start hearing wedding bells? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard a jingle when we were texting one day. We were talking about babies (lol) and how many we wanted, I said 3 and she wanted 3 as well. then we started coming up with names for our future children. And thats the moment i realized something, I wouldn't mind marrying her right now. I also heard another jingle during one of our other conversations. It's actually my signature!
    My favorite text message conversation:

Tobby:love ko! what are you doing?
    Nika:learning how to cook love ko.
    Tobby:cooking? please put some in a plastic bag and send some to me so i can taste it! <3
    Nika: weh? your silly! I'm learning how to cook so when we get married, I'll be cooking all your meals love ko. <3
    Tobby:your so sweet.<3 marry me now? hahaha
    Nika: We're still kids love ko, lets wait until we're more mature, but you know my answer will be yes, whenever you ask!
    Tobby:I love you so much! You're the one for me, I'll wait as long as i need to love ko. love you!
    Nika:I love you too! call me Nika Sy now.. hehe
    Tobby: Addict!
    Nika: Addicted! <3

Comment

i guess since i met him i saw how special he was and because of me being brazilian and he german i knew deep inside that if i wanted to be with him, we would have to get married someday. and i never wanted to get married before in my life! so i dont know when i started to listen to the wedding bells, but i knew they would eventually arrive. i just knew.

and now we are almost-engaged. he need to choose the engagement ring and re-make the proposal with it, so it will be official!

really happy!
      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by JennyRW View Post
        when we had like 6 month dating. I'm not afraid of it, actually I'm ready to get married, but he is not (after 1 year and 8 mnth together, he is 28, Im 27) and now he had to move far from me because of his job :s If we get married for me would be much easier to follow him and move there, but without it I can't, I have to stay here I dont understand why he is not ready? He cannot even tell me how long it will take him to get there or what can make him be ready

i read somewhere the happiest married couples get engages in 2 years and 5 (or 6) months into their relationship, or something close to that. so maybe he read this too and is waiting for that time mark? once he realises the only way to have you by his side is this im sure he will change his mind about the wedding and want to do it soon!
        our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Very, very early on, like in the first week of being in love, and he was on the same page with me the entire time. For me it was very easy to feel it and I just "knew" he's my forever guy and that's that, and as time goes on my knowledge of this fact only gets stronger. It's so cool that from the very beginning we both felt it, like we hand-picked each other as our lifemates before our lives even began.

Comment

I knew within a month that I wanted my SO in my life for a long, long time to come. The idea of getting married didn't occur to me until after a year or so down the line though (I can be a bit slow on the uptake!)

Comment

i love this thread. it makes me all smiley!!

I knew probably three weeks into our relationship. Sounds crazy, I know. But when he lavaliered me (essentially a public promise ring) two weeks later and told me he couldn't wait to spend the rest of his life with me (and told me he loved me for the first time!) I knew. I have known that he wouldn't propose until we hit the 1 year mark, and now I'm still waiting, the butthead. BUT!! last night he admitted he has a plan, and a feasible one that he will hopefully be able to get worked out soon. (He always has a plan...)

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Oooo, let's see... 6 hours after we met, maybe? I knew immediately there was something different about him, and the more I got to know him, the more I absolutely knew he was it, and not only that, but I really wanted him to be, too.

Comment

actually when we first kissed and spend the night cuddling in bed. I've never felt so comfy and loved..it was an amazing feeling.. I think he felt the same as he said that he could hold me like this for a long time.. Still can't say if I'm going to marry him in the end..but I can deffinetely imagine it

Comment

It was pretty early on. We both knew that we wanted to spend our lives together

Comment

I'd say about a year or so in when we were both seriously commited to it. Being an international couple i think we both felt like we needed to see how each other lived and luckily the first year of our relationship we managed to spend alot of time together. I guess thats when we started to talk about closing the distance and i was looking at my visa options.

We're getting married this august so it'll be over 3 years we've been together.

Comment

Pretty early on. I likely would not have gotten involved in the LDR, having been in one "for fun" before, had I not seen a long-term future with him. However, we'd both had an undercurrent of feelings for one another in our friendship for a couple years before we finally began dating, so I imagine that contributed to how soon I "knew." That said, neither one of us are ready to get married quite yet, so we both hear the wedding bells; they're simply a bit far off in the distance currently!
                        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                        Met online: February 2009
                        Feelings confessed: December 2010
                        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                        to be continued...

Comment

it was around 9-10 months into our relationship before i let myself daydream about it... but now that its been 18 months, i think about it all the time and love it(: we even talk about it together a lot at this point. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
                            Pretty early on. we'd both had an undercurrent of feelings for one another in our friendship for a couple years before we finally began dating, so I imagine that contributed to how soon I "knew."
                            ^this

I hope that you don't mind that I cut some parts out of your posts, Eclaire . I Kept the parts that I completely relate to.

we were every close friends too, for 2 years before he took the plunge to come to Australia to meet me, we didn't commit to a relationship until we had met face to face.

I would say that it was a few weeks after the first meet that we actually started to talk about the idea of marriage, mainly for fun but we both had a sense of seriousness too, it was more talking about "one day in the distant future". I don't think either of us would have committed to a relationship after meeting if we didn't think that it would be a relationship that we could commit to forever.
                            Met Online: February 2009
                            Feelings grew: January 2011
                            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                            Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                            Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                            Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                            Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Well, aside from being an absolutely hopeless romantic, I remember wanting to say, "I love you" to Stephen a couple hours into our first date. I can always pinpoint it to this moment he was telling me about the happiest moment of his life (thus far), when all was simply right with the universe, and I remember physically feeling my heart melting. I have never had that with anyone, ever, such a visceral emotion, I almost couldn't breathe from its poignancy. He still has that effect on me; he always will have that effect on me. I just can't explain it any better than it was a complete shift in my consciousness. One moment I hadn't known him; that next moment, he was everything, and there was simply no option of not having him. I've never felt something so immediate with anyone before...

I think it really solidified the next night, though, when we were back at his place (this is still my favorite date of ours ^_^). We literally talked for 5 hours...I was supposed to take a nap, but that didn't exactly happen. :P He asked me to be his gf, and we sat on the couch (I just remember feeling so free, wearing nothing but my smile and his brown fleece blanket), and listened to Andrea Bocelli and talked, and kissed, and loved. I remember saying to him, "I think you're feeling something, too, but I don't know if I can name it..." Well, needless to say, I did, and I don't remember the exact moment, but I haven't been apart from his since, and I don't ever plan on being apart from him.

I read this quote recently, something to the effect of, "You know you're ready to marry someone, when you aren't seeing them as someone good you'd like to spend the rest of your life with, but as someone you can't live without." And that's been true for me since day one. There was something indefinable about his essence that reeled me in, and I still can't quite name it, but it's that x-factor, that missing puzzle piece that fits with me, in me, a transcendence of my individuality into a hypostatic union of two one-spirited souls--me, him, God, love. Us. There is no me without that us.

I'd marry him in a heartbeat.
                              "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

So we fell in love pretty quick. We exchanged emails for a couple weeks until we met. He says for him it was love at first sight. For me, it was during dinner. For some reason, I was telling him about how I like the psychological implications of Heisenberg's uncertainty principle - how watching something changes its behavior. He said "That's hot." And I fell in love. Weird, huh? Well, I've told that to like all the people I know. I usually get blank stares or disinterested responses. Him saying that made me realize that he understood me and that we thought the same way. We kept talking that day, falling deeper and deeper in love. Lying in his arms that night, I knew that was where I wanted to be forever.

It did take us four days to tell each other we loved each other. But until then, we knew we were both feeling it. When we thought of saying it, we'd instead say we were thinking something silly. It just seemed so crazy to know so much so soon. But we did. And we were right.

We talk about marriage. I say I want a ring. He says I'll get one. It'll probably be after he finishes school, which could be either December (if he decides a master's is enough) or in two+ years (if he wants a PhD). Just have to wait...
                                Last edited by sewbama; May 16, 2012, 01:58 PM.
                                Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
                                Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
                                Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
                                LD again: July 24, 2012
                                Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
                                Married: November 1, 2014
                                Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X