No announcement yet.

Presents/Gifts (:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was really stuck for a gift idea, I asked Steve what the one childhood toy he wanted as a kid was, but never got? Turns out he always wanted a litebright and I wanted a easy bake oven. lol I have yet to get him the litebright, but it's great to know I have a backup idea in mind.

For Christmas this year I just got him a few little things that I stuck in a stocking (in case customs had to search my bag). Cologne, books, candy cane, etc.

For Valentines I'm actually making a claymation movie I will post on youtube, based on the first time we said "I love you". I'm going to make a felt fortune cookie that has the message saying the youtube link and will package it all in a Chinese take out box. lol I really don't know what he'll think of it, but it's definitely entertaining me during the days we can't speak.
    Just be glad we made it here alive
    On a spinning ball in the middle of space

Comment

I got my boyfriend a book called "All About Us" for Valentine's Day. Now, I didn't just get it for him. It's one of those questions books about your relationship where you answer it and such. I filled out my "section" and I'm going to send it to him so he can read it and answer his part. I'm probably going to include some sweet-tart candy hearts (since the normal kind taste like chalk!)

The Book in Question

(My first post on the new site, btw. Woo!)
      Last edited by Alanna; January 28, 2010, 05:52 PM.
      You are at the beginning of your life, perhaps you will have many loves... but if you are fortunate, you will have only one love.

Comment

Alanna,
        I've been wanting to get that book for months now! Oh, that is a great gift for any couple. Its a wonderful thing to do together, or miles apart.
        Thank you for reminding me. I might have to get that if it goes on sale at Urban Outflitters or Barnes and Noble any time soon!

Great idea, Fcbella! I've done a few stop motion picture icons for George over the past few months. I really want to do a movie, but, with all of my school work, I may not have enough time, unfortunately. You'll have to post your video on LFAD, duh!

...lol@Tanja&Andy.

Comment

It's so strange you mention that All About Us book, because I saw it at the B&N on my college campus this morning! I thought it was a really neat book, but when I flipped through it I saw a bunch of questions about marriage and stuff, so I just put the idea of it in the back of my mind, and maybe I'll consider getting it (or something similar) when we get further on in the relationship.

Comment

I usually like sending small, meaningful gifts like photobooks from our trip, or things like candy from the US that we've talked about. Since my guy lives alone, and never spoils himself much, making little homemade treats, like cookies, goes a long way. He loves it, and I tease him by telling him I'm gonna make him too fat to be able to run away from me!
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, Jackie, there a lot of... "intimate" type questions and all, haha. A lot about the future, sexual relationship stuff, etc. It's cute though!

Glad you're also considering getting it, Jen ^_^
              You are at the beginning of your life, perhaps you will have many loves... but if you are fortunate, you will have only one love.

Comment

we've bought that book together a couple of years ago..
                we had a lot of fun going through it, and now its with me, and i read it about a month ago and it made me laugh a lot at all the answers we put in back then : )
                if you think your SO would be up for it, its a really nice gift : )
                Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Now I want to get that book too! I will have to go check out the local bookstore next week and see if they have a copy!

Comment

Today I was going through old things from my trips with Steve. I came across a receipt for part of the one year anniversary gift I sent him. He had recently moved from NYC to Orlando at this time, and I had never been to Orlando! He doesn't own a digital camera, so I sent him a disposable one with a note asking for him to take some "pg" (lol) photo's and then ship me back the camera to develop! That way I would get a surprise and be able to see his city!

Great idea... but the camera is still under his bed. I ended up visiting before he even attempted to use it.. (I'll blame it on him being lazy, but I think it was more he was super busy).

At least I know when I visit now, if my camera dies I have a disposable sitting there waiting for me lol
                    Just be glad we made it here alive
                    On a spinning ball in the middle of space

Comment

Your post made me laugh, FC.
                      George, I noticed, loves getting gifts, but if he does get stuff that can be 'used up', like your SO, FC, he will not use it! [It makes me smile knowing that he doesn't want to use it, though, whatever it is, I'm sure I could get him another.] Haha.

Comment

I can back-up the claims that men are so indecisive in their gift 'requests'

"What do you want for Xmas?"
                        "Nothing"
                        "No shut up, what do you want for Xmas"
                        "I don't want anything - what do you want?"
                        "Nothing"
                        "You're getting something"
                        "Fine but I don't want anything"
                        "Ok"
                        "Ok"

But I know what he likes so generally can get him stuff he'll like and/or use. For Xmas he got gig tickets, football tickets, a MUSE band t-shirt and I bought him a jokey present too. I got some perfume

I am never buying him ANYTHING for his PS3. He can get stuffed! Lol.

Is it too girly to get him a Me2U bear? LOL I really like them but think he'll reckon it's too "soppy and gay"

Comment

Originally posted by uk_girl View Post
                          I can back-up the claims that men are so indecisive in their gift 'requests'

"What do you want for Xmas?"
                          "Nothing"
                          "No shut up, what do you want for Xmas"
                          "I don't want anything - what do you want?"
                          "Nothing"
                          "You're getting something"
                          "Fine but I don't want anything"
                          "Ok"
                          "Ok"

But I know what he likes so generally can get him stuff he'll like and/or use. For Xmas he got gig tickets, football tickets, a MUSE band t-shirt and I bought him a jokey present too. I got some perfume

I am never buying him ANYTHING for his PS3. He can get stuffed! Lol.

Is it too girly to get him a Me2U bear? LOL I really like them but think he'll reckon it's too "soppy and gay"
                          I get my fiancé Me To You bears all the time, have got him two for Valentine's in fact (:
                          They're not gay or soppy. They're cute (:
                          [CENTER]

Comment

I think they are too! But he isn't the overly-affectionate type! Just think it'd be kinda cute to keep it on his bed and every morning he can see it and think of me.

Also, UK LFADers - the book that the guys mention above, is on Amazon - i've just had a quick look. It's cheaper on Amazon than it is on eBay surprisingly.

Click me!

Going to order it when I get my Amazon voucher through the post.

Comment

...Umm... adorable!

Comment

I actually have a lot of fun trying to find presents for Diego... xD All of our big gift-giving events are around the same time (our anniversary, his birthday, and Christmas) so I have to be on the lookout for good gift ideas throughout the year or else it'll be the end of October and I'll be freaking out! lol For our anniversary last year I really went all-out and made us matching pillowcases (with pillows to go with them, of course). I don't know how I'm going to top myself this year. xD I'm thinking about some kind of comic/manga starring us. Hopefully it turns out okay. =)

And aww! That's a cute bear Jennifer. =D

Comment

Working...
                                X