No announcement yet.

Presents/Gifts (:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think of what i've given him before. they're generally photo-related presents. for last christmas, i bought him heaps of silly presents and a webcam. because we would be apart from christmas and could then skype. ...i generally make things. like a calendar girls style calendar, a photo fold out tin, a scrapbook... he's difficult to buy for. but he told me for his birthday he wanted a ralph lauren polo shirt. at the time i was in the uk with him. so i went online to the store, but they only sent them to america. i was so lucky to have a friend in the us. i personalised the shirt with his initials and had it sent to her, and then she posted to his place. =] that was the most effort i've gone to with a present.

i have to say, i wish he would get as excited as i do over presents, though!!!

Comment

I never say what I want because I can never think of anything in particular but I'm glad for that - my SO thinks of the most amazing things to send me! For my birthday I got a beautiful drawing of us. Which she drew herself. Of course. I also got a flip book and two long videos which she recorded for me. I really do enjoy getting stuff like that. I don't need expensive store gifts. I'd rather have something which holds a special meaning. Although she did get me the soundtrack to Valentine's Day - a movie we saw together when I was visiting her. Brings back lovely memories.

Comment

I just study him, and pocket every word about stuff he loves to do, and if I'm out and I see something that reminds me of something he's said, I grab it.
        For instance, he loves writing poetry, and it's one of his passions. So, once, while looking for myself a new journal at Barnes and Noble, I came across this beautiful journal called, "The Poet's Notebook". It's full of blank pages, quotes from famous poet's, and suggestion for how to better your writing and try new styles. I bought it, and one night showed it to him on webcam and he about cried. The best way I find to get him stuff is to just buy him stuff that matches his personalities or hobbies.
        =]

Comment

i usually ask what she wants and she'll say "nothing." Then i'll go on a hunt for anything that might be used as a reminder of a silly inside joke, or some random thing that she mentioned that she loves. I try to pay attention to when she is talking about what she likes or if she is telling me a childhood story, see if somethnig pops up that i could try and get her. That's pretty much it.

Comment

I listen to what he says he likes. I've got a christmas list that is about a mile long (exaggeration but it is long) and everything on the list is something he has said or something I know he'd love.

Comment

Working...
            X