MBTI Personality Types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBTI Personality Types

I've always been interested in the Myers Briggs Personality types after studying them a bit in college. SO and I took a simple, quick test online together. It turns out, we're both INTJ. I'm really not surprised, I knew we had similar personality traits.

Just a fun thing to do with your SO online. May even give you a little insight on "why they are the way they are", and even help you to understand their point of view when issues arise in the future.

https://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes1.htm
    *Our World of Warcraft Love Story*

Seems fun to do IŽm an INTP (have been every time IŽve taken the test), but IŽll have to wait until Miguel finishes his finals before heŽll have time to do it.
    Last edited by DemonxOisin; April 17, 2012, 12:04 AM.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
    -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
    \

Comment

I take things way too seriously... I'm a ENFJ and my SO's a INTP. Now I'm all worried that we're not compatible, ugh.

Comment

All personality types are compatible. Try not to take it too seriously. Think of it as a tool to find out more about your SO. One thing with my SO and I both being INTJ, we need alone time. We both recognize that, and have discussed how we will deal with it when we get married and close the distance in July.

Comment

Mine is basically opposites attract. The only reason we communicate is because we communicate in the same style and it's easy. It's a pedagogue relationship, which means that it has a teacher/student vibe to it. The words are so weird, but it all makes sense. I'm feeling a bit better. :P

Comment

I'm INFJ, dunno what my SO is yet.

Notes:
            Met: 8.17.09
            Started Dating: 8.20.09
            First Met: 10.2.10
            Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

INFJ. I took it a couple times between the years of 14 and 16. I was an INTJ at that point. It's funny to see that the progress I have made on being able to open up and express my emotions, and become a better communicator, has actually altered my result on the MB. :P
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
              to be continued...

Comment

INFP/ENFP... I've had different results for I and E depending on the test I've taken. The rest has stayed consistent, though.

ETA: I don't know what his is. I'll have to have him take the quiz to find out.
                Last edited by Trethsparr; April 16, 2012, 08:45 PM.
                My heart belongs to a pilot!
                ~*~
                ~*~
                [/center]

Comment

Originally posted by Trethsparr View Post
                  INFP/ENFP... I've had different results for I and E depending on the test I've taken. The rest has stayed consistent, though.
                  Or it could be the test... xD Haha. Sad that maybe my "progress" could be down to a discrepancy on the test. D:
                  { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                  Met online: February 2009
                  Feelings confessed: December 2010
                  Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                  Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                  First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                  Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                  Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                  Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                  to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
                    Or it could be the test... xD Haha. Sad that maybe my "progress" could be down to a discrepancy on the test. D:
                    Even though I say I'm INTJ, I've also had differing results. The percentiles on my N & T are very low. I've had ISTJ results many times. Probably depends on my mood. I the I and J are always very high though. Those will probably never change.

Comment

My boyfriend and I actually met on a Myers-Briggs personality forum, so it holds a special place in my heart. We are both INFP.

Our personalities are night and day - he is confident and dominant, I am shy and submissive; he's a gamer, I'm an artsy type. But sharing the INFP personality type means we are both curious and open-minded, and so our differences become catalysts for stronger bonds and appreciation of one another (the seamless fit of yin and yang). We are both introverted and idealists, so the romance is pure bliss - a private, extremely clingy world of our own.

The differences make it exciting, and ignite that animal-attraction that wouldn't occur with someone too similar to myself. But our core INFP traits mean that when the excitement is over, I can curl up into him like a big comforter and feel 100% at home because we "get" one another on a deeply intuitive level.

Comment

Originally posted by Heshkun View Post
                        My boyfriend and I actually met on a Myers-Briggs personality forum, so it holds a special place in my heart. We are both INFP.

Our personalities are night and day - he is confident and dominant, I am shy and submissive; he's a gamer, I'm an artsy type. But sharing the INFP personality type means we are both curious and open-minded, and so our differences become catalysts for stronger bonds and appreciation of one another (the seamless fit of yin and yang). We are both introverted and idealists, so the romance is pure bliss - a private, extremely clingy world of our own.

The differences make it exciting, and ignite that animal-attraction that wouldn't occur with someone too similar to myself. But our core INFP traits mean that when the excitement is over, I can curl up into him like a big comforter and feel 100% at home because we "get" one another on a deeply intuitive level.
                        This sounds a lot like my SO and I actually. Though, we have opposing results to the test. My SO is very confident and chill, and I am always stressed out and can sometimes be shy. He is also a gamer, and I'm an artist. A lot of the times we don't agree on stuff, but he knows how to communicate with me when I need it. When we went through a rough patch, he basically broke down everything that happened so I could understand his actions and even my own. I don't really realize that sometimes I over think things, and he can make me feel better by talking them through.

Comment

I got ESFP and my boyfriend got INFJ.

Comment

Originally posted by katylynnlee View Post
                            When we went through a rough patch, he basically broke down everything that happened so I could understand his actions and even my own. I don't really realize that sometimes I over think things, and he can make me feel better by talking them through.
                            This is us as well.
                            I am the ball of stress and emotions, he is naturally soothing/caretaking (he volunteers on a crisis line, so we joke that I have my own personal 24/7 crisis line)

Comment

I happen to be INFJ... with a 75% F... I've read the description and the different aspects of this result and I can tell that's me... 100%

I'll send my SO the test and wait for his results

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

Working...
                              X