No announcement yet.

I'm scared to close the distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate coffee but I drink soda and so does his family I always see them having coke and I'm not gonna have "many children" his family dosnt have a lot of kids either and his brothers only have 2 kids and are done

Comment

Originally posted by talim View Post
      Agree with what everyone said. Don't worry too much, just try to look at it as an adventure and new life oportunity, be excited rather than scared!
      And with the research... I personally also closed the distance quite early in our relationship, and I also didn't do much research - I was thinking, omg, I'm going to move to capital of our country, of course I know something about our capital! But I soon found out that finding at least things necessary for life, like doctors, is really important, because what will you do when there will be some emergency situation and your SO won't be around? I didn't find a gynecologist in this area before I moved here, so I had to ask his mother and it was sooooo embarassing
      I already know a dr in the area I went there on my trip to Utah cuz I had an allergic reaction to something I ate LOL so I got that covered to

Comment

Originally posted by itsjen516 View Post
        I hate coffee but I drink soda and so does his family I always see them having coke and I'm not gonna have "many children" his family dosnt have a lot of kids either and his brothers only have 2 kids and are done
        Things are changing among Mormons. Some allow caffeine drinks, some don't, but if a Mormon wants a Temple recommend, they still can't drink coffee or tea, according to the guidelines. The size of families is changing, too. And more women work outside the home, even when they have children. Change comes sssslllooowwwly, but it does eventually happen.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

Originally posted by AussieAmericanGirl66 View Post
          Things are changing among Mormons. Some allow caffeine drinks, some don't, but if a Mormon wants a Temple recommend, they still can't drink coffee or tea, according to the guidelines. The size of families is changing, too. And more women work outside the home, even when they have children. Change comes sssslllooowwwly, but it does eventually happen.
          ya i mean i know his older brothers wife is a stay at home mom cuz he makes enough money for them to live really well
          his middle brother and wife work but shes the non mormon one
          and his last bro works and his wife works time to time but they have a baby so its harder for her

Comment

Packing up uour life and starting fresh anywhere is certainly daunting. I moved states for work and definately felt like I was beginning my life again from scratch. I suppose you are lucky because you are moving to be with your SO, and will have his support through the process of finding work, making your own network of friends etc.

While its a big change, you can do it! You are taking a big step, but you mentioned that your SO would move to NYC if you found life too hard in a new city, so that is a great 'back up plan' depending how the process goes.

I think everyone should ease up a bit about your SO and his family being Mormon and telling you how his family will be and what you can/can't drink etc. My SO is muslim and people make assumptions about how his life is, and what life would be like for me if I moved to be with him. Everyone is different, and religion aside, no one here knows your SO and his family, so trust your gut

Good luck with the move, take each day at a time and enjoy making a life with your SO
            EGYPT's GOT TALENT

Comment

Originally posted by LDR View Post
              Packing up uour life and starting fresh anywhere is certainly daunting. I moved states for work and definately felt like I was beginning my life again from scratch. I suppose you are lucky because you are moving to be with your SO, and will have his support through the process of finding work, making your own network of friends etc.

While its a big change, you can do it! You are taking a big step, but you mentioned that your SO would move to NYC if you found life too hard in a new city, so that is a great 'back up plan' depending how the process goes.

I think everyone should ease up a bit about your SO and his family being Mormon and telling you how his family will be and what you can/can't drink etc. My SO is muslim and people make assumptions about how his life is, and what life would be like for me if I moved to be with him. Everyone is different, and religion aside, no one here knows your SO and his family, so trust your gut

Good luck with the move, take each day at a time and enjoy making a life with your SO
              Thank you and yes that's one thing that was bothering me from what I seen in the Mormon people is that how you call it lol ? I can't think of the word anyway what I seen from them they seem like wonderful people to be honest that's why not just here but everywere people make a big deal about them:-/

Comment

Working...
              X