No announcement yet.

Cute craft ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for my one year anniversary im making my SO a scrapbook of our photos and leaving the last one blank so we can go to a photo booth to get a pic done together to stick in it.

How bout as an idea sending him a scrapbook with a couple pages done but the rest empty then each month or after every visit or special occasion you can send him a new completed page to put into it?

Comment

Originally posted by justinaclaire View Post
      for my boyfriend's birthday before we left for school, i wrote him a letter but i wrote it on a huge piece of poster paper that was 6 feet long..i then replaced certain words with candy bars/candies. it was fun and he loved it so that was a plus!
      love this idea!

Comment

Originally posted by michy View Post
        This is an easy way to fold up a written letter:
        Folded Heart

I folded up a piece of notebook paper on Skype the other day as he watched, and "gave him my heart" lol...
        ooo this is nice..i know how to fold 2 hearts together..i will try to make a vid of it or try to find on youtube..i learned from my friend..:-D

Comment

I like to sew plushies ^.^ They're really easy and cute and fun to do, and everyone loves them. All you need is some fabric, stuffing and thread, and whatever else you want to put on it. I make my own patterns, but you can easily find ones on the internet if you'd rather not make one. They're abit time consuming but the finished product is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by sabby64 View Post
            I like to sew plushies ^.^ They're really easy and cute and fun to do, and everyone loves them. All you need is some fabric, stuffing and thread, and whatever else you want to put on it. I make my own patterns, but you can easily find ones on the internet if you'd rather not make one. They're abit time consuming but the finished product is amazing!
            It's so much fun! I just made my boyfriend a Love Bird with a pocket in the front that holds a little heart and love note At the moment I'm working on a spooky Halloween owl

Comment

I got tired of having to keep my SO's letters in an old stationery box so I've started to make us both a box for our letters. I went to a craft store and got us plain white boxes [for only 2 dollars! such a bargain] they're called photo/shoe boxes.. anyways, I've begun to draw on them and I'm gong to paint over what I've drawn. On the box for myself I've started to draw things significant to Scotland since he is Scottish and on his box there will be things from Alaska on there as I'm Alaskan. On the inside of the box I thought it would be a good idea to put fabric in it so I'm putting a tartan fabric in mine and a nice salmon fabric in his haha. Hopefully they'll turn out well, my letters could use a nice new place to call home, as could his with as many as I send him.

Comment

Make a bracelet. :]

Comment

I'm making my SO a "bad day box" Its just a box that I'm going to fill with things that I know will make him smile

Comment

Going to learn how to knit from mom, and knit gloves for him(sadly it will count for all of what, a 1 month anniversary? hahaha, I feel bad for becoming one of THOSE cheesy ones, but I'm going to do it anyways). I noticed he'd never wear gloves when I was still there in November/December, whereas I'd freeze my hands off and not be able to pick up my phone if I had mine off for more than 10 seconds. Therefore, he's going to wear mine ;D

Comment

I love to paint little miniature clay sculptures. The tiny details and making taking the time to just paint all the delicate lines is so relaxing. It is nice to be able to set my mind on something I enjoy for a while.
                      However, if I am not careful, my painting jobs can take up to 3+ hours and I won't even realize until AFTER I finish because I get lost in my painting!

My SO wanted a car for his 18th birthday and his dad has been difficult since his 16th about a car. When nothing came on his birthday, he asked for a car for Christmas. I went to the store to buy little holiday sculptures to paint and I spotted a little car!! I snatched it up, painted it the red color he wants his dream car to be, and painted his name onto the tiny license plate tag on the back. So, for Christmas, I got him his "dream car" He absolutely adored it and the idea behind it. He still has it 2 years later and keeps it in his dorm room

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

FaveCrafts is a great website with tons of different craft ideas. https://www.favecrafts.com You can probably find something there you can do or that will inspire your own ideas.

Comment

I'm not crafty much - my talent lies in writing - but I love hearing about what everyone else is doing.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

one day i was bored and asked my SO what i should do. he said to make him a macaroni necklace. instead of using real pasta i used sculpey. there is also an ongoing joke with us about him being a zombie bf. so i made us matching necklaces. his is the brain surrounded by two black macaroni pieces on a silver chain and mine is a heart with a bite out of it and our initials are carved on the back. he loved it! and when he got moved to graveyard shift i made him a graveyard survival kit. had a dino-shaped sandwich cutter, some homemade comics, pecan pie, candy, and random goodies.

we are both artist so another thing we do is draw comics for each other. he sends me zombie bf strips and i send him random stupidity and the occasional page from a coloring book. not as crafty as the others but something different

Comment

Originally posted by ashleecarol View Post
                              I love to paint little miniature clay sculptures. The tiny details and making taking the time to just paint all the delicate lines is so relaxing. It is nice to be able to set my mind on something I enjoy for a while.
                              However, if I am not careful, my painting jobs can take up to 3+ hours and I won't even realize until AFTER I finish because I get lost in my painting!

My SO wanted a car for his 18th birthday and his dad has been difficult since his 16th about a car. When nothing came on his birthday, he asked for a car for Christmas. I went to the store to buy little holiday sculptures to paint and I spotted a little car!! I snatched it up, painted it the red color he wants his dream car to be, and painted his name onto the tiny license plate tag on the back. So, for Christmas, I got him his "dream car" He absolutely adored it and the idea behind it. He still has it 2 years later and keeps it in his dorm room

That is adorable!

Comment

Yeah, that car is really cute.
                                And the bad day box is a nice idea.
                                I think you could try to go old school and make a picture frame out of dried pasta. You know, like everyone did in preschool. I know I would love it if Michelle sent me something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X