No announcement yet.

Cute craft ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow those string dolls look like the store ones! how did you do that?? i want to get more crafty.

Comment

Originally posted by misscaitlin906 View Post
      wow those string dolls look like the store ones! how did you do that?? i want to get more crafty.
      Aw thank you! Well, believe me I was pretty clueless at first, I just went to the craft store, I bought little styrafoam balls (for the heads) then I bought some of that bendable but still kinda hard wire they have there (not sure what its called, sorry. ^^; ) and I made a body out of that, stuck the head onto the "neck" part of the wire with some hot glue and then took regular crochet thread, glued the end of the thread to the back of the wire body and wrapped one continuous thread around until my little dolls pretty much looked like mummies. :P Then I cut the string off, glued the end piece onto the doll and added little glass eyes with hot glue as well! Same process for the clothes too. Just use one continuous thread for the doll. As for the hair! That was difficult! Especially since i made my SO's doll a fohawk. :/ For that i used some embroidery thread, and used two different methods for my longer hair and his fohawk.

I should probably post a tutorial on this one day. :P

Comment

Btw another "crafty idea" you all might like is T-shirts! I'm currently making ones for me and my boyfriend that say "She's my Leela" and "He's my Fry" with arrows pointing at each other. It's Futurama referenced since we both love that TV show. But anyway! T-shirts are really easy to make if you have an inkjet printer at home and some iron on t shirt transfers!!! Plus if you happen to have a program like Photoshop on your computer, or are just REALLY good with Paint, you can make whatever you'd like on your T shirts! Even print out a picture of yourself and put them on it. I think the guys would appreciate it because you literally can put anything on it, their favorite saying/tvshow/sport/characters. (Plus you can avoid copyright by making them on your own at home without selling them!)

Anyway! I might post pictures of my progress with my shirts later if anyone's interested!

Comment

For anyone who's boyfriend has their own computer (Or who uses the computer alot) you can make a digital scrap page / wallpaper. I've made a few for my SO

I have a list of free sites with kits you can download and use I'd be happy to share I also crochet.. I just don't have a picture of the scarf I'm making him.

Comment

I just went to IKEA yesterday to get some picture frames, and I saw they had ice cube trays that were in shapes... flowers, fish, starfish and hearts! My daughter fell in love, so I bought the heart and the flowers. I always tell my SO that he melts my hearts, so I did this:

It made me happy that it came out so good.

Comment

i like the 2 days of xmas idea~ but i've had a xmas related idea of my own.

personalised advent calandar!! 1-24 doors, each with choc inside, but instead of the usual mini pics, pictures of him, me, us in various points of our rltnship- or promises / comments made to each other- or love quotes.

sam

Comment

I posted this somewhere else but this seems like a better place to put it: https://www.instructables.com/id/I-l...ttle-Key-Ring/

Made my SO one for his birthday and he loved it. Improvised a bit on the materials I used, but it turned out looking the same. He puts his house and car keys on it now

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by jennyjellybeans View Post
                  Aw thank you! Well, believe me I was pretty clueless at first, I just went to the craft store, I bought little styrafoam balls (for the heads) then I bought some of that bendable but still kinda hard wire they have there (not sure what its called, sorry. ^^; ) and I made a body out of that, stuck the head onto the "neck" part of the wire with some hot glue and then took regular crochet thread, glued the end of the thread to the back of the wire body and wrapped one continuous thread around until my little dolls pretty much looked like mummies. :P Then I cut the string off, glued the end piece onto the doll and added little glass eyes with hot glue as well! Same process for the clothes too. Just use one continuous thread for the doll. As for the hair! That was difficult! Especially since i made my SO's doll a fohawk. :/ For that i used some embroidery thread, and used two different methods for my longer hair and his fohawk.

I should probably post a tutorial on this one day. :P
                  Yees, please post the tutorial, they look amazing!
                  our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I made a spider-man blanket that I posted about in another post somewhere, using fleece from Jo-Ann's fabrics, which you can also get at any fabric store. It only takes a few hours, and your SO will love it!

https://www.allkindsofbabystuff.com/..._blankets.html

I used 2 yards worth of fabric to make it extra long.
                    <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

I am trying to learn how to crochet so that I can crochet my SO a blanket...going to take forever but its fun so far and I'm trying to think of other things to add to it so its not just a plain blanket

Comment

Originally posted by Puppy's.Kitty View Post
                        I am trying to learn how to crochet so that I can crochet my SO a blanket...going to take forever but its fun so far and I'm trying to think of other things to add to it so its not just a plain blanket
                        If you get a big P or Q size hook and Wool-Ease Thick N Quick it will be faster. Sign up at Joann's, Michael's, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby for their 40% coupons. It's $7/skein without a coupon.

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                          I really really wanted to learn how to knit to make my so a scarf. and make myself a scarf. lol

i really admire knitting. and i wish i could do it.
                          Ravelry is a great place. I went to a yarn shop to learn. Look up your city on the group section on Ravelry and you can find a local knitting group.

Comment

Originally posted by Puppy's.Kitty View Post
                            I am totally self taught on crochet and learned a lot from you tube videos...

Comment

I made this for him for V-day out of a deck of cards...turned out pretty good and he really liked it (Yes, I am a complete cheeseball)

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I'm thinking of making my bf a recipe binder that includes some of our favorite recipes. He can use it when we have our skype dinner dates.

Comment

Working...
                                X