No announcement yet.

Cute craft ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is something I did very quickly within 1hr during after work from valentines day. My tyrant girlfriend (hehehe) was quite the impatient one waiting through my work and my rashness towards the card I was making.

Excuse the bad quality of creatively since it was rushed through within less than an hr sorry . She's holding Australia... because she loves Australia better than Canada haha.

Comment

Originally posted by paulawriteslove View Post
      I love to knit! So for my boyfriend's birthday last year I made him a blanket
      The picture isn't that great, but here ya go

I really really wanted to learn how to knit to make my so a scarf. and make myself a scarf. lol

i really admire knitting. and i wish i could do it.
      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I learned to knit for the sole purpose of making my SO a sweater for his birthday!

It fit him perfectly fortunately! Apparently I have a natural knack for knitting. My tension and stitches were good throughout

Oh, and the grey and white fluffy thing in the bottom corner is my cat's tail, lol. I only just noticed that!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
        Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

For our one year anniversary, I made him a giant picture frame with pictures of the two of us in it and an embroidered pillowcase with things about him on it. I'd like to do more crafts but he tends to think that they are corny, so I don't.
          "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

aww i wish i could knit, that sweater looks amazing! I plan to give him this homemade album for his birthday when he leaves. Its made with paper bags lol the kind you put your lunch in. That and paper and ribbon. what i plan to do is take lots of pictures of us together and paste them in and journal a little bit so when he goes home he can have this with him. So hopefully he lets me take lots of pictures with him! And i want to get some of us kissing lol
            but heres what it looks like, kinda hard to see in pics tho

I love you Nathan <3
            sigpic
            5/25/09 <3

Comment

I did something super cheesy for my boyfriend!
              I got a piece of paper and drew a heart with a key print in it, because we have a couples necklace like that, and he holds the key to it. And I wrote 'I gave you my heart because I knew you'd keep it safe.' I signed it, colored it up, and kissed it with a dark lipstick and put it in a frame!
              sigpic
              We've been together since 10.11.10

First Visit-7.13.11
              Second Visit-12.17.11
              Closed the distance-06.20.12

Comment

I was going through stumbleupon, and I came across this adorable idea! I haven't done it for my ldrbf, yet, but I think it's cute, and it seems pretty simple!

https://whimsicalworldoflaurabird.bl...tines-day.html

Comment

great idea's & lol @ Michy, my SO makes folded heart cards for me all the time .. so0o00o0o sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Silviar View Post
                    I'm not crafty much - my talent lies in writing - but I love hearing about what everyone else is doing.
                    Same here. However, I did write my S.O. a poem and printed it and framed it all pretty for him

First Met Online: October 2010
                    First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                    Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                    First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                    Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                    Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                    Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                    Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Originally posted by sabby64 View Post
                      I like to sew plushies ^.^ They're really easy and cute and fun to do, and everyone loves them. All you need is some fabric, stuffing and thread, and whatever else you want to put on it. I make my own patterns, but you can easily find ones on the internet if you'd rather not make one. They're abit time consuming but the finished product is amazing!
                      can i see a picture f some you made?
                      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Has anyone ever heard of "The String Doll Gang"? It's these adorable little string people kamibashi.com sells for about 10 bucks each. xP

Anyway! I really wanted to make string dolls of me and my SO. I'm trying to make my SO's string doll a little firefighter outfit to go over his clothes since he's a volunteer firefighter.

So instead of ordering a custom one, I figured I'd just make my own little "mini us". I'm going to give him the "mini-me" string doll and I get to keep his. Then everytime we meet we can bring them together. <3 Hope you guys think their cute, here's their picture (sorry for the bad quality, took it on my ipod):

Comment

Jenny, I've made some of those string dolls! They've been really popular with the kids in my neighboorhood, but I've never thought to make a mini couple of me and my SO, so I have to thank you for putting an idea in my head!

Well, I have sewn a cell phone cozy for my SO's birthday, which he was really happy with. https://tipnut.com/phone-covers-cases/ - some tutorials on how to make one! My next project consists of knitting a scarf, because he's been complaining about how cold the winter in his country is and as a surprise I'd sew him an iPad case for our soon-to-be six-month anniversary... I'm sure he goes apes over that, since he is such a fan of apple products!

Comment

Originally posted by SDPersona View Post
                            Jenny, I've made some of those string dolls! They've been really popular with the kids in my neighboorhood, but I've never thought to make a mini couple of me and my SO, so I have to thank you for putting an idea in my head!
                            Oh have you? Do you have pictures by any chance? I'd love to see how yours came out!!! I was totally clueless on the process of making them so...I pretty much just made them off the top of my head. That's cute how the children like them! Your very welcome, I hope your "mini-me's" come out great!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jennyjellybeans View Post
                              Has anyone ever heard of "The String Doll Gang"? It's these adorable little string people kamibashi.com sells for about 10 bucks each. xP

Anyway! I really wanted to make string dolls of me and my SO. I'm trying to make my SO's string doll a little firefighter outfit to go over his clothes since he's a volunteer firefighter.

So instead of ordering a custom one, I figured I'd just make my own little "mini us". I'm going to give him the "mini-me" string doll and I get to keep his. Then everytime we meet we can bring them together.
                              DD it must have been this companies little dolls i saw in this store! i bought one for him that was a "prisoner of love" and i got the "love courier" :X i can't find them on the site, but the love courier looks exactly like the love demon XD other than the fact that its pink
                              i really love that you made your own though :3 they're so completely cute!

Comment

Originally posted by ClipitsWings View Post
                                DD it must have been this companies little dolls i saw in this store! i bought one for him that was a "prisoner of love" and i got the "love courier" :X i can't find them on the site, but the love courier looks exactly like the love demon XD other than the fact that its pink
                                i really love that you made your own though :3 they're so completely cute!
                                Frankly these little guys are showing up everywhere. I bought two myself, a cowboy (because it reminded me of how country my SO is) and a knight (just cause he was adorable) but it ended up costing me 20 bucks! I figured I could make my own of whatever I wanted for alot less! :P Anyway! I hope your SO loved his string doll you bought him! And thank you very much!!!! I'm glad you like them.

Comment

Working...
                                X