No announcement yet.

Do you still hear their accent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't notice my Fiance's accent so much (he's american) but sometimes I still occasionally pick up a random word that sounds a bit different. Here is a different spin on things. Apparently my friends and family notice it more in my talking now and alot of people think i'm also american (I'm from NZ). LOL. I guess its hard not to pick up certain things when your surrounded by that accent solely for 3 months each year. :-)

Comment

I must say me and my SO have been together for a month and 12 days and at the very beginning I couldn't hear his Canadian accent whatsoever... Of course he noticed my accent and loved it even though I thought it wasn't that strong... But now as we have been talking on the phone a bit more I can tell he has the cutest accent and the sexiest voice ever... I just got off the phone and DAMN!!! He got me at "bonjour"

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

Oooo we are on one of my favorite topics!!!! My SO is Irish, so when he says certain things (process, vitamins, Mary (my name)...)...oh my goodness, my heart does all sorts of flips. The things that man's voice does to me...whooee!! I don't "notice" it as a separate entity (like, everytime I talk to him, I don't think, "OMG HE'S IRISH"), but it's very evident when he's talking to, well, other Irish people--like when his dad pops in to ask him a question, he switches right back to that brogue --and he makes more of an effort to speak clearly with me. But, the long and short of it--YES I notice his accent, and hellz to the yeah it turns me on like no other!
        "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

My SO is from the US, but his L's and R's sometimes sound like W's.
          So cute. >w<

Joined in 2012. Restarted in 2017!

Comment

Working...
          X