No announcement yet.

Do you and your SO talk about marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, we never spoke about marriage at all until we got engaged. We spoke about the other parts of our future, kids, home owning, country-swapping, jobs, travel, whatever... but not marriage in any detail. I knew at some point he expected to get married, and he told me more than once he didn't want bastard children, but that was that. It was off the conversational table until we were engaged.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

We talk about it, but nothing serious, just for fun. We like to think of "what if?" and "how would it happen?", but the idea of marriage is never pressed upon our relationship. Its fun for us to think of all different types of wedding plans. :P
      "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
        I know how you feel. My girls sister always asks when we are getting engaged and married etc. Plus she wants to live next door so we can babysit her kids all the time
        Hahahaha lol! ya his sister probably want that too!
        \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
        \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
        \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

Yes we talk about marriage. It used to be more often. But it became a sore spot for me because I am waiting for him to propose. So I said I wasn't going to talk about it anymore and now it has become an inside joke with us.

Comment

Working...
          X