What is your type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your type?

Sparked by recent conversation in the "Are you more attractive" thread, what is your "type"?

I feel like I don't really have a type. I've dated guys taller than me, shorter than me, darker than me, bigger than me and smaller than me. Though I guess if I have to pick a type, I'd go with the one I'm with now-- bigger than me (I want to feel like a lady goddamit!), height doesn't really matter, and brown eyes.

Before I met my SO, I had a type. I liked tall, skinny pale guys with light colored eyes and dark curly hair. My SO kind of fits this description. He is tall and has dark curly hair, but his eyes are brown like mine, and he's not really skinny ( more muscular) and his skin is olive. He converted me though. I work with a guy I used to have a thing with and I don't find him attractive anymore since I met my SO.
    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I've always loved a man with lots of hair on his head - curly hair is a bonus. My man has an afro and I think it makes him ridiculously sexy.

I've always liked people who are mixed race.. I guess because I'm mixed too so if we bore any offspring they'd be super babies. bwahaha.

I like my man to be bigger than me, in height and weight. I wouldn't like to be bigger than him because then I'd just feel fat and feel like he wouldn't be able to protect me.
      Has to get my sense of humour, has to love music, has to have the same values as me.

Thankfully I found all that in my SO!

Comment

Based on my dating history most guys I am into are tall and skinny with shaggy hair. I used to be into the skater type with skinny jeans in high school, not so much anymore as most guys who wear that style are a little too young for me now.

Comment

The only person I've ever been with is my SO.. And I was never really interested in relationships before I met him.. But I guess my type would of been bigger than me (I like my men sorta chubby xD), taller, nerdy, cute and red hair was always a thing, although my SO has brown.

Comment

I like manly-looking men! Partial to stubble and guys with very, very dark hair. Strong shoulders and thick legs.. Above all, he has to be smart and humble. I can't find a guy attractive anymore if I find out he's missing one of those.

My SO has all those things and more

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

My tastes have changed several times so far, so I'm reluctant to define a type - it always seems to be the 'in the moment' thing, and also doesn't seem to reflect the type of guys I actually get together with. I was only every serious about height, being 5'11 myself I always noticed guys my height or taller, never saw the attraction in a shorter guy.

I used to like babyfaced, clean shaven pretty boys when I was a teen, but I'm so far away from that now. I don't like particularly rugged guys either, they just have to look their age. My current type is tall, dark, hairy (in all the right places - especially facial hair, omg), with lovely hands (I always notice the hands), also a bit on the large side - not fat at all, but you know, the teddy bear type. My boyfriend is slim with washboard abs, on any other guy I wouldn't care much for it, but on him it looks perfect.

Personality wise, I like smart guys but it's even better if they don't take themselves too seriously. Guys with mild disposition, artistic tendencies, geeky guys with peculiar interests and passion about what they do. Guys who genuinely like people. Also, guys who love to dance

Also, regardless of my type, when I'm in love I honestly don't feel any kind of sexual attraction to anyone else. Seeing a good looking guy feels like acknowledging a work of art or something. If it's not my guy I just don't feel attracted.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

A type..hmm.. taller than me I used to think bigger than me as I’m not a size 2 ( not hating on anyone who is). Either way my SO fits the tall bit but he is thinner and I was told not mistake that for him not being strong ( I think I did) he’s athletic and plays football (UK) and lifts weights and all that good stuff. I’m black (d’oh) so color wasn’t and isn’t a big deal. My SO does it for me and then some!

Comment

I have a thing for tall skinny guys with dark hair (like my SO)! IDK why :P Although it would be more the persons personality type that mattered most to me. Smart, ambitious, a little nerdy, FUNNY, not afriad to speak his mind and not a complete walk over! hehe My SO Is definitely all and more of these things!
                  Si tu n'etais pas la
                  Comment pourrais-je vivre
                  Je ne connaitrais pas
                  Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
                  Quand je suis dans tes bras
                  Mon coeur joyeux se livre
                  Comment pourrais-je vivre
                  Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
                  Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

Dark hair, dark eyes ~ w ~

Emotionally abusive, too, if my exes are any measure. My boyfriend and I always joke that he's not my type and I'm not his. Physically he's definitely my type, but he doesn't strive to control me and he wants me to make up my own mind, even if it means being far away from him. He actually loves me instead of seeing me like an object, and he does his best to make this relationship great. His type is the kind of girl who is dominant and doesn't really care about him ^^; so I guess it's a good thing we aren't dating our 'type'

Comment

I go for cheeky guys, with a good sense of humour and knows how to make me laugh. I dont like pale guys, more into darker guys. Asian/Indian guys ive always found to be so sexy... And here i am ;D My SO fits both :P lol

Comment

I've never had a type i go for, not physically anyway. I've been with tall guys, skinny guys, larger guys, muscley..never been with someone shorter than me though. Im 5'5" so yeah lol. Im chinese and i've never been with anyone who wasnt white british lol, that just happened. My SO is korean xD

I tend to become attracted to guys who can make me laugh, have a good laugh (as in a proper belly laugh), be smart, kind but not too kind, be a man!, have confidence in himself, have ambition etc etc...basically my man although he's mean to me sometimes but then again i have a slight princess complex so it's a good balance xD

Comment

taller than me, for sure. Im 1.59

that said, Ive dated one guy that was 1.61

so, it doesnt need to be a loot taller. but not shorter than me. that would make me feel bad. and as my only 2 real boyfriends and last guys I dated were all tall from 1.80 cms plus, I came to realize I do like really tall guys, they make me feel small and safe, and feminine. and i get to kiss on tip toes!

so yeah,

-tall guys

-guys with blue or green eyes

-pale skin

-nerdy/geeky

-not skinny (I dont like to hold a man and just feel bones)

I dont care about hair color, as long as i think it looks nice on the person. and i would rather date someone with a cute face than a hot body. the face will be there forever, the body can change.

and sure ive dated guys out of my type. but this is the ideal! and i found all the things on the list on my SO. yay!

I had dated really few guys with green or blue eyes, and I just love love that; so it is a huge PLUS my SO has green eyes and I hope our kids will have his beautiful eyes..
                          our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Appearance-wise I can't say I have much of a type? Everyone I've ever been attracted to has always completely varied. I would say the one thing they all seem to have in common is that they have a boy-next-door appeal. And I prefer them to have a soft tummy.

Mentally, they have to be sharp, sarcastic, and usually willing to laugh at themselves and laugh at me, too, without being too critical; I don't like someone who's so afraid to break me they can't even fool around, or talk about periods, for example (it happens). :P So yes, intelligence and a sense of humour. And depth. Seems to be what I've usually been attracted to.
                            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                            Met online: February 2009
                            Feelings confessed: December 2010
                            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                            to be continued...

Comment

I don't really have a type at all, never really have. Though I like long hair on some men and I love green eyes. My SO is tall, olive skinned, has dark chocolate coloured eyes and long black hair and I have to say it really suits him.

Only things I prefer is someone who has similar interests to me, and can tolerate my love for Lady Gaga. Which, thankfully, my SO doesn't mind even though he likes to tease me from time to time by rolling his eyes as if he can't stand her xD

Comment

Working...
                              X