How often should people in LDR talk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often should people in LDR talk?

How often and how do you talk to your long distance other?

I personally am having a hard time when we don't talk or text a lot. I don't know how to deal with it because I know that the only thing keeping him busy is his friends...

My SO and i use a messenger on our phones for about 15 minutes to 2 hours a day. most of the time it's about 30 minutes a day, between the morning and the evening. not ideal, but it works for us....
    we try and squeeze in a skype date or phonecall every few weeks
    Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
    And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
    ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Every relationship is different. Some people like to talk more while others less. Often I find two people have different communication needs. And coming to an agreement is usually worthwhile for couples that don’t have the same communication needs.

Comment

I text him continuously throughout the day to wish him good luck before games, update him on anything important going on with me, give him a quick "i love you", tell him if I'm going to work or wish him a good day. Occasionally he texts me back. Sometimes he doesn't.

We try to get at least one phone call in per day, sometimes 2. It usually works out best with one in the morning/afternoon and one at night. Phone calls are anywhere from 5-40 minutes. And then when we can we spend a few hours together on Xbox live, usually every couple of days.

When he's on roadtrips though I hardly ever hear from him though so I ask him to call me when he can. Sometimes that is rediculously early but I dont mind. He does a very good job trying to keep good contact with me and thats really all I can ask for. His schedule is very hectic and I can be impatient at times but we make it work. The best thing is to be open about how much communication you need. My SO knows I like to hear from him once a day if possible.

Finding myself.

Comment

we text during the day and every night before bed time.

Comment

We usually text every day or every other day for between 15 minutes or several hours, depending on our schedules that day. We talk on the phone usually once a week or Skype once a week. Every couple is different, so each couple has their own particular amount of time which works best for them. Personally, I wish we could talk more than we do, but it's not possible because of our busy and differing school schedules. It gets frustrating at times and I find myself getting upset over it at times, so I do tend to take out my frustrations on him from time to time which sucks.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

We talk on MSN every day if we can. If one of us isn't likely to be around on a particular day, we make sure to let the other know in advance to avoid causing concern. We're lucky to have a time difference of only one hour, so catching each other online isn't generally a problem.

Comment

Right now my SO and I are on break. So along with that is his college stuff, He is just starting, well will be starting soon so its a lot of changes. So right now its more like 1-2 times a week but it'll get better once he settles in.
                " There is always hope.
                "

Comment

I talk to Chris everyday. We'll have a Skype chat every day or every other day, but we text each other during the day when we're apart.

Comment

Depending on what my school schedule is, we're generally talking for hours a day, if not at a time. Most of our communication is had over MSN, however, as he cannot currently use Skype and phone calls are expensive. But typically we would make time to Skype once a week or once every other week and we'd talk via MSN every day. Phone calls are a rare luxury, but most of our conversations these days are text-based. :P
                    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                    Met online: February 2009
                    Feelings confessed: December 2010
                    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                    to be continued...

Comment

I talk to my SO every day. An hour in the morning and at least an hour in the evening. I have to wake up early and him sleep late for us to talk like this. Sometimes we only talk 5-30 mins mon - fri. weekends if we aint busy we'll talk for how ever long. but everyone is different. we dont communicate any other way other than jsut skype.

Comment

Every couple is different. I find that my SO and I talk less after we see each other. After a few weeks though, we get back into our normal routine of a few phone calls a day and many many text messages. He still calls me every morning when I get to work "just to hear my voice and say I love you". Those phone calls sure to start my day off right.
                        *Our World of Warcraft Love Story*

Comment

We talk every day. We usually IM through Skype, FB or MSN. We might have a skype session every other day or so, sometimes daily. I let him know if I'm not going to be around and he's getting into the habit of doing the same.

Comment

My SO and i speak about 2-3 times a day. We usually tak about 30 minutes in the daytime with a text here and there. And then a few hours in the evening. But thats just what we need for our relationship.
                            sigpic
                            Not to get clever
                            but with you I see forever
                            But whatever it is,
                            Here's to you,
                            I Love You Kid...

Comment

I used to talk to my SO 24/7 but now that he's working and hanging out with friends I talk to him maybe 2 and a half hours throughout the day, it used to be really hard for me going from constant contact to very very little but I've learned to take what I can get and cherish it, sure I'd love to talk to him more but I had to come to terms with the fact that he's working a lot and when he's not working he wants to hang out with friends and let loose. You should tell your SO you want more contact but if he'd rather hang out with friends you need to support him, it's hard yes but his friends are important too and if he spends all his time talking to you his friends might also feel neglected. You guys just need to find the right balance.

Notes:
                              Met: 8.17.09
                              Started Dating: 8.20.09
                              First Met: 10.2.10
                              Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Working...
                              X