No announcement yet.

How often should people in LDR talk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We do alot of phone calls and texting...pictures. I dont have internet and he wants to do skpe which i think would be great but i dont get good Wifi in my apt

Comment

My SO and I text during the day when he is at work or when either of us are not home. Then we Skype whenever both of us can. We talk approximately 3 to 4 hours on a typical day he is off (less on his workdays) and spend the rest of the time just being together while we do other things we need to do around the house.

Comment

I answered before but we talk daily. At the very least we chat over BBM all day and then a phone call before we both go to bed. I think I just realized right now how lucky I am to be so connected with my man! No more complaining... hmp

Comment

I talk to Lindsay almost every day. We may not have much to talk about, but it always makes me feel better just knowing she's on the other side, even if we aren't talking. It makes me feel like she's right here instead of 250 miles away.
          National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

We send texts pretty much every day and talk on the phone 2 or 3 times a week, plus skype probably once a week. But personally, I would rather talk on the phone or skype most days, i tend to feel insecure when we don't talk for more than a couple of days. My SO works all week and most Saturdays and he's pretty when tired when he gets off work, it can be hard at times, because I have a lot more free time than he does.

Comment

I talk to him every day on skype.. downfall though.. if I don't talk to him I can get annoyed... stupid.. but true..
              \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
              \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
              \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

During the week, we text on and off throughout the day and he calls me on his lunchbreak and if i dont have to get up early he calls me when he finishes work.
                At the weekends we talk on the phone/webcam for hours and sometimes we play on the PS3..... that reminds me, i still owe him a game on NHL 12.

Communication amount very much depends on you and your SO and what you need. People are happy with less communication and some people need more. The amount my SO and i have now is perfect for us. When he was out of work briefly in January we talked alot more during the week and we argued alot. Since he went back to work the arguments have stopped.
                As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

My SO and I talk every day. I work two jobs and am going full time to school, and he works full time (pretty much, his business is flexible), but we make time to talk at least once a day, if not more than once. We skype as I'm getting ready for school in the mornings, and sometimes gchat during the day, and then on Saturdays, we talk for hours--literally, we spent the entire day Saturday talking. Those are my favorites.
                  "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

I think for us it's much easier than for many. We both have unlimited texting and live in the same country. So theres no extra charges there. We both have xbox live so if we're both in ours rooms we'll talk on there. I think xbox helps our relationship more than anything. Even if my reading, cleaning, researching or anything he can be on there. Even if we don't talk we can just listen to each other breathing lol. He doesn't have his own computer but we do try to skype at least once a week and he can call me anytime after 9pm on week days or any time on weekends lol. So we do talk quite often. We text all day, and talk on the xbox often. We usually fall asleep together as well

Comment

I often send phone texts and facebook messages.

We skype daily. Given the time differences she gets home when it is night in Australia. I try to get all of my study done so I can spend a few hours on skype with her.

We don't really talk on the phone. If we do, it is on skype.

Comment

My SO and I talk often. We text back and forth throughout the day and we try to call every night, even if it's just for a few minutes.

Comment

my SO and I are lucky because we are in the same country... we talk every day.... we skype 2-3 times per week but we talk on the phone, text and email every single day without fail... we actually tried a relationship exercise two weeks ago where we were supposed to go without any kind of communication for 48 hours... we barely made it through the night....

Comment

Originally posted by CKJS View Post
                            I think xbox helps our relationship more than anything.
                            Lol! Most awesome quote ever!
                            \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
                            \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
                            \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

Her and I talk through out the day through text, then her or I talk later on the phone.

Comment

Working...
                              X