My SO is missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SO is missing

As the title says.. My SO is missing.. Today it has been a week..

My SO is no angel, he likes to rebel. So it got him in some trouble earlier this year. I don't want to get in to why he got in trouble, but it's nothing that will make him a bad person. He has been to court a couple of times now because of his 'mistake'and the result of that is probably a year and a half probation. There where two things in life that he wanted: The army and visiting me... Well that's not going to happen if you have probation.

So I had the feeling that he was pretty closed off lately, he didn't really express his feelings anymore.. He can be pretty extreme in his feelings so it bothered me that he didn't show anything to me. The first of March he had court again, so I called him to find out what happend, no answer. Ok, it happends, I'll call back on Friday. So Friday I saw him on Facebook so I called him right away, he picked up! YAY! I asked him how court went, he told me it went good!(a year and a half probation is not good, I heard this later on from his dad). I asked him what happends next, he told me it got postponed again till the end of the month. Anyway, we talked for 20 minutes, I told him that I was going to get some drinks with friends.. He told me to be save... He was probably also going to a party later on that day, so I told him, 'stay out of trouble'. In a laughing way, not a mothery way

So saturday I called him again, no aswer... And like I said, he was kinda closed off lately, not really picking up his phone.. So I tried to call him again on sunday. And the phone operator said:"This phonenumber is not in use anymore" (or something like that). I heard that before and I called his dad. His dad actually pays his phonebill and he has a couple of rules with my SO. And one of those rules is that he has to come home at night. If he doesnt do that he knows his dad will shut off his phone.

So his dad saw him last saturday (3th) and he didn't come home on sunday. Next monday.. still no SO.. tuesday.. no SO.. His dad shut his phone back on, reported the car that he is in 'stolen', not really stolen, I guess there is a different name for it. But anyway, police are looking for the car because it is his dad's car. His parents unfortunatly can't really report him as missing yet because he is a grown man and he has been gone before for a couple of weeks when he was younger, so now he is a 'person of concern'.

Anyway, I guess I just have to write it off.. I talk to his parents a lot, and all his friends and family are looking for him.

Please don't judge

How I feel?
    I don't know how to feel, one moment I'm angry, the other moment I break down and cry. But I guess most of the time I'm just numb. I try to stay positive, but it is really hard, knowing that something really bad could of happend. I'm actually still hoping that I will get a phone call within a couple of hours. That he was just gone for a week, trying to escape from reality and all the BS..

I try to find things to distract me, watch a lot of movies and tv. But I feel so helpless, I wish I could do something. I actually send a couple of his FB friends that I heard him talk about a message if they have seen hem. So I check FB every 2 seconds... and almost everytime I go on Facebook I see a new post of friends or family.. That they are looking for him and missing him.. It breaks my heart everytime..
    Last edited by Manoek; March 10, 2012, 08:35 PM.
    \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
    \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
    \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

All I can give are *hugs*. I'm sure he's safe and taking care of himself. He'll come back soon.

Comment

Oh honey!!! First off, incredible, incredible hugs to you. What an ordeal! My SO didn't talk to me for a week at one point--I thought everything was fine, too, at first, and that he was just mad or something--and I went ballistic as the days wore on. However, you are doing exactly the right thing. Stay positive. Stay strong.

From what I remember of your story on here, you guys met in California, right? Does he live near a more dangerous part of California, like LA? And if he's in trouble, do you know if he has any enemies? Even if just for your own mind's rest, can you call his dad to see if he had any sort of enemies that he had to worry about at all? I'm sure he is fine, and I hope, for your sake, that he is just taking a week off from life to figure himself out.

When things have calmed down, and he returns (he's gotta, he's just gotta <3), just gently let him know how much you care for him, but that it's not cool with what he pulled--even if he just could let you know through a quick text or email he needs some alone time.

I'll be praying for you both--he'll be okay!!!
      "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

I don't think there's anything that I can say to you to make you feel better - it's one of those situations where nothing anyone says can really make it better. I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. All I can offer is my best wishes, love and support. We're here for you. *hugs*

Comment

I hope he comes back safe and sound!
          Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I'm so sorry! I know it's hard but you are doing a really good job of keeping your head up. Just stay positive. I'm sure everything is okay, and he'll turn up safe & sound soon. Prayers coming your way, honey!

Comment

My thoughts are with you
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

You and your SO are in all of our prayers, I'm sure. I am so sorry, darling. As usmcgirl said, you're doing a great job of staying positive. I really admire that. I know it's MUCH easier said (or rather, typed) then done, but please try to continue to keep your chin up. I'm praying for his safe return to you!! <3

Comment

Sending positive vibes your way! hope for the best!

Comment

I am so sorry, sending all my positive energy your way. Dont worry, he's bound to turn up soon. We're all here for you in the meantime.

Finding myself.

Comment

Oh honey!

all the best, and I hope he returns safely home! its nice you have contact with his parents though, so you know if they see him as soon as it happens! sending good thoughts your way!
                      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I'm adding my positive thoughts, prayers and love to everyone else's

Comment

Oh, this is so scary. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I hope he returns soon, safe and sound. I'll be thinking about you.

Comment

Thanks everyone.. This morning I woke up and checked Facebook.. And like aaaalllll his friends posted a status thing about him being missing..

It breaks my heart.. I can't even look at his picture anymore.. I guess the longer it takes, the less positive I am... I was really hoping on 'a week'.. That he would turn up last night..

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it, and need people to sen positive vibes, because it really is hard to stay positive..
                            \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
                            \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
                            \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

Awwwh, that's terrible! I really hope he comes back safely soon... I'll be thinking of you and I'm sending all my positive energy towards you!

Comment

Working...
                              X