What gives you butterflies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
    ---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

[/COLOR]Oh, and of course, his Irish accent. <3 Especially when he's speaking to other Irish people.
    YES! It's like there's an extra lilt in their voice!!!! Sexiest thing alive! :P Haha, where's your SO from? Mine's from Westmeath, so he's got a super easy accent to understand, and then we he talks to his family, his voice gets about 20 times faster. :P
    "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

I love these they're great!

I would defiantly have to say my SO's accent (as well, haha, so many people talking about accents) which is wayyyy better to hear over the phone, on a playback of a video I recorded (or just a voice recording) or (the best way) in person than over Skype (which distorts it sooo much )
      When I tickle him!
      The way he comforts me.
      He does this thing where he'll start repeating "no" (kind of odd and jokingly) that I think is adorable.
      The way he talks about things I've done, the way I say things (we've made each other say aluminum, zebra, yogurt, etc. so many times) or expressions I make.
      And probably the most important one...The way he looks at me.

Comment

Originally posted by marbear31 View Post
        YES! It's like there's an extra lilt in their voice!!!! Sexiest thing alive! :P Haha, where's your SO from? Mine's from Westmeath, so he's got a super easy accent to understand, and then we he talks to his family, his voice gets about 20 times faster. :P
        Mine's from Dublin. He lived in England until he was 9, though, so while he definitely has an Irish accent, he's able to "curb" it for us Americans. It was hilarious when we had a five month stretch in between any form of Skype/talking on the phone. His accent was so thick, I could have taken him right there. Generally it gets thick or "t'ick" again when talking with other Irish folk. I would say his uncle is about the only one I can't understand... simply based on pace of speaking and the fact he doesn't realise he's speaking to an American! LOL.

Can I add "when he reads to me" to the list?
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

His accent still gives me butterflies from time to time to this day. Remembering the first time we kissed, and did other things also gives me butterflies whenever I remember them. I also love it when we talk about the future, and when we talk about how much we both love each other. It makes me feel warm, happy, and lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
            Mine's from Dublin. He lived in England until he was 9, though, so while he definitely has an Irish accent, he's able to "curb" it for us Americans. It was hilarious when we had a five month stretch in between any form of Skype/talking on the phone. His accent was so thick, I could have taken him right there. Generally it gets thick or "t'ick" again when talking with other Irish folk. I would say his uncle is about the only one I can't understand... simply based on pace of speaking and the fact he doesn't realise he's speaking to an American! LOL.

Can I add "when he reads to me" to the list?
            Hahahaha t'ick! YES! My SO and I have conversations all the time about the different ways Irish an d Americans pronounce words. I also remember from studying abroad trying to discern Dublin accents--there was this guy we met in a club, a bald, really sweet guy our age, who had the thickest Irish accent I'd ever heard. I said, "Sorry?" every other word...but I wouldn't trade the accent for anything.

And YES, agreed about the reading to us! My SO read to me the other day, and my heart melted into a puddle. Love those Irish lilts.
            "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Lovely thread! So many "awww" moments

Let's see, when my love touches my cheek with the back of his hand ever so gently, so tender, so loving.
              When he takes care of me, seriously, he takes such great care of me...when I'm sick especially.
              The way he serves my food on to my plate, gets me my drink, so attentive.
              His accent as well - so beautiful.
              The way I catch him looking at me - those eyes...eek, butterflies now thinking of it.
              The way he holds me hand - even when he's driving. LOL at the poster above who was amazed that her SO can drive through anything using just one hand - same here! He has to keep switching hands since he drives a shift, but he never lets go of mine. *le sigh*
              His kiss...oh how I love his lips.
              The way he holds me tight at night, pulling me in closer to him.
              His smile...melts my heart.

Ah, I miss him.

Met: November 19, 2010
              Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
              Made it official: April 29, 2011
              Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
              Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
              Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
              K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
              Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
              Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

-the way he laughs when he gets really excited about something is so goofy and the best thing in the world
                -SERIOUS butterflies when I met him at the airport for our last visit and we just walked straight into each others arms, and the way his voice was shaking slightly as he said "hey babe" right into my ear and then the shy, awkward kiss that followed <3
                -when he's drunk and we're on skype if I have to leave to go to class (time difference!) how he says "nooooo!" and sounds really sad :P
                -whenever we're cooking together he slides around in his socks on the tile floor of the kitchen and acts really silly, always wrapping his arms around me from behind and tickling me :3
                -whenever I'm upset he holds me close and says "shh, I've got you." it makes me feel so safe and loved and thankful to have him <3
                -the look in his eye before we do anything sexual... yum.
                -the poems that he writes and sends me in the mail! the cutest!

SO MANY REASONS. but this last one is the best. one night we were laying in bed facing each other, it was really quiet, and then he whispered "I want to be with you forever." and a moment of silence followed that because I didn't know what to say, I could only hear my heart beating out of my chest. then I said "I would be okay with that." cuddling ensued. :3 he's the best. <3
                Last edited by one-more-reason; April 22, 2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

from a distance its when he calls me his baby girl, because he only does when hes really talking to me and were having a good conversation or ending a good night just makes me feel that extra love. I love it everytime, even if i don't tell him that enough. And then when he says certain things, just when he really comments on me,he'll compliment or say something when were on camera, or one time just randomly told me i was beautiful, i thought it was random cause was nothing leading up to that lol or our future, gosh our future, when he brings up specifics makes me crazy. Weather us, wedding talk, kids, the next year just, the specifics makes me get excited.

And in person ah so much, like when were together cuddling or on our way somewhere or im upset or just when he's holding me he'll kiss the top of my head, i really love that. When he smiles, gosh he doesn't do it enough at all but its breath taking. When hes being full on attention on me, serious and tells me he loves me omg just, yeah he gives me butterflys all the time still. sorry rambling lol he drives me crazy when he wants to.
                  I love you Nathan <3
                  sigpic
                  5/25/09 <3

Comment

Everything she does gives me butterflies, the words she texts and her voice when we talk on the phone, the sweet pictures she sends me. She's just the greatest thing to ever come into my life!

Comment

The way he looks at me is the best. When he's really looking at me. It's like I can see his love.
                      When he comes home (we currently live together). If I get to wait for him, and see him walking up the steps it's like he's walking up the steps to my apartment for the first time.
                      When I'm dressing up for him for a nice date. I still get nervous thinking about how he'll react.
                      He's so sweet when I'm upset, too. I can't say that gives me butterflies because usually I'm worried about other things. But he's always so sweet.
                      Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
                      Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
                      Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
                      LD again: July 24, 2012
                      Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
                      Married: November 1, 2014
                      Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

-Her beautiful blue eyes.
                        -The little half-smile she has.
                        -How she looks when she wakes up in the morning.
                        -When she steps out of her car and I get to hold her for the first time in a while.
                        -The way her voice gets higher when we play-argue.
                        -Everything, good or bad! :-D
                        National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

Usually any time he touches me, not in a sexual way, just things as simple as placing his hand at the small of my back, or running his fingers along my side, or holding my hand. All and any of those things are things that really make me feel safe and loved, the fact of knowing that he wants to be near me. Gives me shivers every time.
                          Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                          First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

The way he goes, "Hey, how's it going?" when I call him and he realizes it's me on the phone. I say it in my head every time I need a pick me up.
                            ♥ Erika & Thomas ♥
                            ♥ Est. January 13, 2011 ♥ Became LDR July 1, 2011 ♥ Christmas visit December 24 - 29, 2011 ♥ Closed the distance June 2, 2012 ♥

♪ Cause with you I'd withstand all of it to hold your hand ♫

Comment

- When I first saw him coming through arrivals
                              - The first time we kissed
                              - Every time I see him, whether it is at the airport, or when he's just coming to meet me to walk me back to his from seeing my friends, or even first thing in the morning
                              - Whenever he holds my hand :3
                              No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

♥ I have a recording of him on my phone saying "Te amo por siempre para siempre" that never fails to make my tummy tingle~
                                ♥ Thinking about how soon I'll get to see him again.
                                ♥ The way he messes up some words cause of his accent. Like he accidentally says "girrflien" instead of girlfriend.
                                ♥ Pretty much anything he does.

Comment

Working...
                                X