How long did it take you to meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long did it take you to meet?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and 1/2 and due to finances, have not been able to see each other. I'm about to turn 22 and he's about to turn 21. We're both jobless and stressed out and not to mention his laptop just went on the fritz (sharing the family computer is a pain in the you know what). We really didn't want to have to wait this long to see each other and surpassing the two year mark without seeing each other will definitely be a heart breaker. Though, we're determined to stay together no matter what, our love is that strong.

Anyway, enough of my ranting. How long did it take you guys to see your partners? Is anybody else going through what we are?

We didn't wait long - only because I told him up front that I didn't want to wait because the last "relationship" I had went 8 months and the guy clearly got tired of waiting to meet up and he wanted me to go visit him (and spend money I didn't have at the time) so I ended it (our relationship was fading anyway so that's not a great example). Anyway, my current guy - and now fiance - came to visit me after 5 months of first meeting online. I really wanted to see if the chemistry would be carried over in person, otherwise, I didn't want to waste my time. And clearly I'm not a patient person.

However, with all that said, I know a couple who haven't seen each other yet and they've been together 10 YEARS! Don't know how they do it but it's clearly a sign that if you're patient, hopeful and in love, anything can happen.

Met: November 19, 2010
    Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
    Made it official: April 29, 2011
    Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
    Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
    Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
    K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
    Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
    Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

3 months. The SO and I didnt want to really "start" a relationship till we met.

Comment

We had to wait about a year and 2 months before seeing each other so I know what you're going through it totally sucks :/

Notes:
        Met: 8.17.09
        Started Dating: 8.20.09
        First Met: 10.2.10
        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

3 months...But we also wanted to meet first before we started our relationship...

Comment

We met about 4 months in. It didnt take long for him to purchase his plane ticket though...I think he did that at about 2.5-3 months in

Comment

Around two and a half years after meeting and developing feelings for one another. Around eight months after starting to date, and only four after becoming official. It's not as long as some, but it was long enough.
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
              to be continued...

Comment

We waited about 7 months. He was worried about seeing me too early (of course, after we finally met he regretted waiting :P ) and he needed time to save up money for the tickets.

Comment

Three years after we started communicating on a regular basis, exactly ten months after we officially got together. It wasn't voluntary. We were supposed to meet way earlier than that, but bureaucracy got in the way.
                  I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

he is my best frernd and we met during holidays and we knew we liked each oher we became a couple thn i had to wait for 10 months to meet him again that was the longest hehe

Comment

Four years, eight months. You'll get there, don't even worry about it.
                      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

We met exactly a year after getting to know each other. Long enough for me! S: after we met though, we couldn't stay apart and started making plans to close the distance.

Comment

Four months. To be fair though he'd been thinking about coming to the UK that Christmas anyway to pay his best friend a visit, so after we found each other that decided it

Comment

It took my fiancé and I two years to meet. We met in 2010 and we were friends up until May 11th, 2011 when we made it official. We didn't meet until February of this year, but had a second follow up visit very short after. We're closing the distance in a few weeks. It can happen. These past two years of knowing him, the past year of being with him, far apart and close by, wouldn't exchange it for a million dollars. Nope.
                            Last edited by CandiCandi; June 1, 2012, 03:07 AM.
                            candi ❤ austin
                            ღ5.11.2011ღ
                            ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
                            ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
                            ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
                            ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
                            [/CENTER]

Comment

4 months Got together august, met in december :P

Comment

Working...
                              X