No announcement yet.

Your first visit. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, for the first trip, the best part was that after 8 months, I got to get confirmation that our chemistry was real. It wasn't just an online romance. It was the best first kiss I had ever had. (And my last first kiss ) My months, and months of being scared that it would fizzle IRL were crushed, and once we booked the trip, my terror of it being for five weeks ended (what if we hated each other, zomg)!

And the worst parts were that we sort of wasted too much time. I don't know, I felt like we needed to be out doing things (Parks, the mall, trips downtown, etc.). Or we were home playing WoW (side by side, but still). The second trip was much better, as we didn't do much besides cuddle up and watch tv and bake and do other home things were all the focus was on us. Also, even worse than the goodbye, was seeing him pop up on AIM. Like, just 12 hours ago I had him in my arms, and now he is back home, and we have to start this horrible long distance up again, the emails, the IMs, the video chats, it just made me feel sick.

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
      Also, even worse than the goodbye, was seeing him pop up on AIM. Like, just 12 hours ago I had him in my arms, and now he is back home, and we have to start this horrible long distance up again, the emails, the IMs, the video chats, it just made me feel sick.
      I always find it really comforting to have a video chat again when we're both in our respective homes again. It gets me in the regular swing again and it doesn't seem anymore like the world has collapsed, like it does when you have to leave.

Comment

I'm glad you started this thread, purple. I'm in the same boat as you sorta. Me and my SO are meeting this November and I don't even know what to expect and I'm already a bit of a nervous wreck when I think about it and it's still 3 months away!

I'm nervous about the length of the visit (11 days). What if things get awkward? That part isn't too much of a worry because I feel certain that things are going to be just as good between us IRL as it is now, but it's still there. And I just know I'm going to be such a mess when we say goodbye at the airport. The people on the plane will probably think I'm having a fit or something. The things I'm most excited for are the little things. Like holding his hand where ever we go and cuddling as we fall asleep and feeling him next to me before I open my eyes in the morning. Oh! And I'm super excited to just be able to say "good morning" and "good night" without even looking at a computer! Silly, I know, but that's something that really gets to me about being in an LDR.

I can't wait until I see him for the first time. We'll both be flying into California (neither of us live there, we just decided it would be nice to go on a vacation together) but he'll get there a little before me, so I'll get off the plane and there he'll be! I'm a fairly enthusiastic person, and with him being 6'5" compared to my 5'5", I'll probably end up jumping right into his arms. He'll get over the embarassment.

I know you were looking for peoples stories of already meeting their SO, but oh well. That's my 2 cents.
        First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

The first time that I saw my SO it was completely unplanned. He drove from Texas all the way to California to surprise me. Since the visit was unplanned I had no idea what to do with him or anything! He met my friends and my family, and everyone liked him! But it was so awkward for me because I couldn't believe that he was here with me. It took about two days for me to get used to. He was the one that kissed me first and made the first moves. But overall it was an amazing time an unforgettable time! This trip definitely made our relationship stronger.
          The best part was being able to see my SO in person. I never knew that he had tiny freckles on his cheeks until I that week. I also loved being able to kiss him and hold his hand.
          The worst part was when he left of course. I missed him so much!

Comment

Originally posted by 5000miles View Post
            I'm glad you started this thread, purple. I'm in the same boat as you sorta. Me and my SO are meeting this November and I don't even know what to expect and I'm already a bit of a nervous wreck when I think about it and it's still 3 months away!

I'm nervous about the length of the visit (11 days). What if things get awkward? That part isn't too much of a worry because I feel certain that things are going to be just as good between us IRL as it is now, but it's still there. And I just know I'm going to be such a mess when we say goodbye at the airport. The people on the plane will probably think I'm having a fit or something. The things I'm most excited for are the little things. Like holding his hand where ever we go and cuddling as we fall asleep and feeling him next to me before I open my eyes in the morning. Oh! And I'm super excited to just be able to say "good morning" and "good night" without even looking at a computer! Silly, I know, but that's something that really gets to me about being in an LDR.

I can't wait until I see him for the first time. We'll both be flying into California (neither of us live there, we just decided it would be nice to go on a vacation together) but he'll get there a little before me, so I'll get off the plane and there he'll be! I'm a fairly enthusiastic person, and with him being 6'5" compared to my 5'5", I'll probably end up jumping right into his arms. He'll get over the embarassment.

I know you were looking for peoples stories of already meeting their SO, but oh well. That's my 2 cents.
            This was just as cute to read as the other stories. (:
            *fingers crossed that everything works out....and you don't knock him over in a tackle hug xD*
            I told my SO that when I see him I'm probably going to like attack him. But I'm only like.. 5'2"-5'3" so it wont be a very vicious attack. xD

Comment

How did you get there?
              By plane. 15 hours of flying, with no travel-sick mediactions. Oh I was not a happy camper!

What was it like seeing them [esp. for other people who hadn't met beforehand!]?
              It was a little weird. He's very tall, and I know I knew that, but still... And his webcam was always good but not great, so the things that hadn't shown up startled me a little.. it was unnerving. Really all I wanted to do was stare at him, and I did that a lot, because I couldn't believe I'd finally done it. (I have an epically long blog about our early days if you want to know why it was such a big deal. I kept touching him, smiling and saying "unbelieveable.")
              But, it was the perfect meeting. I wasn't all the nervous by the time I got past boarder security, I was just glad it was over, and I'd brushed my teeth and fixed my hair so I felt about as confidant as I ever do. There weren't many people at the airport, so it was easy to see him waiting for me on the other side of the glass.... but that made me uncomfortable! I didn't know where to look!
              Then he started walking over to meet me, and he picked me up in a big hug that was just perfect.

What was the worst part of the trip?
              Hmm, the flight, knowing that I'd have to fly again to get home, knowing that I'd have to go home and finish school before we could be together...
              The worst part was probably not having a way to contact my family back home for the 7 weeks, and having little to do but wait around while he attended classes.

The best?
              Gods, where do I start! Our first day was great, just walking around and getting to know each other, stopping to randomly cuddle... Our first kiss! Him holding my hand while he drove me places... Him convincing his parents that making me sleep in a seperate room was not respecting the seriousness of our relationship... Oh! and our night in the city in this stupidly expensive hotel, him feeding me chocoalte covered strawberries and sparkling wine as we took in the view... and then the next day us discussing how we were going to make it possible to be together in the future... to close the distance and keep it closed. It was good to bargin back and forth... He took me on dates, I'd never been on a real date before.. and opened doors, pulled out chairs, put up with me insisting he order for me because I was too scared (I have a social anxiety disorder)... How much fun I had when he introduced me to friends who'd heard my name for years, people who thought I'd string him along forever, and people who supported us...

Ok, I'll shut up now.
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                How did you get there?
                By plane. 15 hours of flying, with no travel-sick mediactions. Oh I was not a happy camper!

What was it like seeing them [esp. for other people who hadn't met beforehand!]?
                It was a little weird. He's very tall, and I know I knew that, but still... And his webcam was always good but not great, so the things that hadn't shown up startled me a little.. it was unnerving. Really all I wanted to do was stare at him, and I did that a lot, because I couldn't believe I'd finally done it. (I have an epically long blog about our early days if you want to know why it was such a big deal. I kept touching him, smiling and saying "unbelieveable.")
                But, it was the perfect meeting. I wasn't all the nervous by the time I got past boarder security, I was just glad it was over, and I'd brushed my teeth and fixed my hair so I felt about as confidant as I ever do. There weren't many people at the airport, so it was easy to see him waiting for me on the other side of the glass.... but that made me uncomfortable! I didn't know where to look!
                Then he started walking over to meet me, and he picked me up in a big hug that was just perfect.

What was the worst part of the trip?
                Hmm, the flight, knowing that I'd have to fly again to get home, knowing that I'd have to go home and finish school before we could be together...
                The worst part was probably not having a way to contact my family back home for the 7 weeks, and having little to do but wait around while he attended classes.

The best?
                Gods, where do I start! Our first day was great, just walking around and getting to know each other, stopping to randomly cuddle... Our first kiss! Him holding my hand while he drove me places... Him convincing his parents that making me sleep in a seperate room was not respecting the seriousness of our relationship... Oh! and our night in the city in this stupidly expensive hotel, him feeding me chocoalte covered strawberries and sparkling wine as we took in the view... and then the next day us discussing how we were going to make it possible to be together in the future... to close the distance and keep it closed. It was good to bargin back and forth... He took me on dates, I'd never been on a real date before.. and opened doors, pulled out chairs, put up with me insisting he order for me because I was too scared (I have a social anxiety disorder)... How much fun I had when he introduced me to friends who'd heard my name for years, people who thought I'd string him along forever, and people who supported us...

Ok, I'll shut up now.
                Awwww!!! =D
                That whole thing was just adorable. Where's the blog??

Comment

My 1st visit was awkward, we were both nervous and it had only been 2 months to the day that he moved 500+ miles from me.
                  The first night is a warm up night, the second day is more relaxed, the third rocks...and the rest? will be awesome. Enjoy it.

Comment

People say that seeing your SO for the first time is a magical experience. What are you guys talking about?? It was the most awkward and uncomfortable moment of my life! I was freaking out because you have to get used to hearing their voice in person and not on the phone.

I wouldn't want to go back to that awkwardness.... its horrible lol

Comment

Originally posted by rk1191 View Post
                      People say that seeing your SO for the first time is a magical experience. What are you guys talking about?? It was the most awkward and uncomfortable moment of my life! I was freaking out because you have to get used to hearing their voice in person and not on the phone.

I wouldn't want to go back to that awkwardness.... its horrible lol
                      Hahahahaha, glad to see something from a less optimistic view. Care to go into detail? xD

Comment

Working...
                      X