How Often Do You Get To See Your SO ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
    Well, I'm not counting those days off. I only get to see my SO once or twice a year - for a holiday. We won't be living near to each other or together for probably 2 or 4 more years.
    thanks for sharing its cool to know others have to deal with the same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
      We had that a lot. I was super happy of course and enjoyed my time with my SO, but I was always thinking about that I have to leave again and maybe wait another year until I can finally see her again. It's a horrible feeling.
      I know Did you guys ever find a way to overcome that? because i hate, so much, being sad when im with him

Comment

Originally posted by pytsip View Post
        It'll have been 8 months before I see him again. He left in April and I won't see him until the holidays, so April to December. But after that we will be temporarily closing the distance because I will be going to Shanghai to study international business and he will only be an hour train ride away, still "long distance" but not nearly as "long" and we'll finally be in the same time zone, so no worrying about the 12 hour time difference
        That is so awesome ! Congrats

Comment

Every few weeks, between 4 and 5. I work a lot and she's working part time and doing school full time and I don't personally drive so I have to take a bus/train/find a ride/come up with an extra hundred dollars. etc. I'm blessed though, lucky to have been able to be with her almost weekly for 15 months, we're just now an LDR
          Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
          Starting Dating: 5.22.09
          Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
          Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
          Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

Comment

I see my S.O. every month or so. We just finished a two week vacation together two days ago. We will see each other again for two weeks in October when he comes up, then I'm spending Christmas with him and his family.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
            - A. A. Milne

Comment

well this November it will be twice a year and then if all goes well we'll be moving under one roof a few months after that so it will be everyday

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
                My boy has just booked flights to visit me in the New Year- I already have a count down- 137 days to go as of today, then hopefully, if my professors are nice I can go see him at Easter time, but if not, won't be another 6 months till we can be together =( the thought kills me =(

and @MiaMia- I just left my SO 3 days ago- I was trying to be happy all week, to have a week to remember, but in the back of my head I was always "this time next week, I'll be nearly 4000 miles away and I won't get to hold your hand for a second, let alone sit for hours on end for a cuddle". it's hard to try stay positive when there's a sense of impending dread in your heart =(
                I know ;[ i feel the exact same way, it kills me when i know i should be happy , but im not.
                But i guess its natural to feel that way, unfortunately .

Comment

Im really lucky i get to see my SO every 8 weeks or so. I think the couples who stay apart longer are such an inspiration!!

Comment

I was getting to see him weekly for a while, but now that the distance has increased again, I guess I'll see him at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and my week off in the spring, whenever that may be.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Originally posted by MiaMia View Post
                      I know ;[ i feel the exact same way, it kills me when i know i should be happy , but im not.
                      But i guess its natural to feel that way, unfortunately .
                      I agree! the last day or so is always real hard coz you know you have to say goodbye and you try to stay happy but its hard not to dwell on it. Especially in the last few hours with my SO i have broken down many a time before ive even had to say goodbye. Its just something we all have to learn to live with i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Talent_2 View Post
                        I agree! the last day or so is always real hard coz you know you have to say goodbye and you try to stay happy but its hard not to dwell on it. Especially in the last few hours with my SO i have broken down many a time before ive even had to say goodbye. Its just something we all have to learn to live with i guess
                        The last time I left I promised myself I wouldn't cry until I started driving away. I didn't make it to my car. It's hard. He was crying too. Which blows my mind because he NEVER cries.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Originally posted by squiddie View Post
                          The last time I left I promised myself I wouldn't cry until I started driving away. I didn't make it to my car. It's hard. He was crying too. Which blows my mind because he NEVER cries.
                          I know what you mean my SO told me he wasnt a soppy person until we had to say goodbye then he just broke down on me, It really shocked me n really drove home just how much he really did love me. I always try to stay string n hold it together for him but i always break down nice to know im not the only one who feels this way

Comment

@ Talent_2 & Squiddie:
                            I guess everybody [ in any type of LDR ] deals with this :[
                            & it breaks our hearts
                            But at least we're here to support eachother , :S

Comment

Originally posted by MiaMia View Post
                              @ Talent_2 & Squiddie:
                              I guess everybody [ in any type of LDR ] deals with this :[
                              & it breaks our hearts
                              But at least we're here to support eachother , :S
                              I agree! i feel alot less alone since finding this site, i find it real helpful and everyone is so friendly and understanding

Comment

Working...
                              X