No announcement yet.

This Distance Is Now My Enemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm outing myself as the supposed moron who voted yes. SO and I talked about it this morning. Some recent changes have come about that would make it very easy for us to close the distance right now. I could move within 90 miles of him. But honestly, even if I did, our lifestyles are such that I wouldn't see him any more often than I do now. Sure I could avoid airfare and hotels. But in our case, those expenses are not that bad and I enjoy the excuse for a little vacation.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by Safihre View Post
      I am not going to disagree, but I have to add that at 24 (and my SO 22) we are not really thinking about 'the rest of our lives'. We are young and even though we don't want to shop around anymore for the casual hookup, we are just enjoying our time together and know the feelings are strong enough not to give up.

I broke up with my ex after 5 years (it was CD), and it's scary to think that the same might happen to us after so much effort to close distance etc.
      So saying CD is 'temporary happiness' is just not true.

So let's make another statement:
      The thing mainly is that distance is not something you can really "work on", you can either close the distance or for whatever reason you can't (right now).
      Problems in CD relationships are different, but just of a different sort and often both partners can work on them.. unlike in LD.
      And having had both CD and LD, I prefer the CD and it's problems more then the big issue of LD.. The distance.

I guess maybe I worded that wrong. "temporary happiness" because I was really trying to get across this...why give up a good thing with someone you know loves you and you love as well just to have someone closer out of convenience and loose the good thing you have. Does that make a little more sense?
      This is my first LD and I am actually thinking it is so much better than CD emotionally because it is not based on the physical. You HAVE to get to know each other for the person you are and not the body you live in. Having been married twice and had 2 very serious relationships, that is what it always came down to on his part. The physical aspect and I really cannot stand that. I want someone who wants me for me, not what I can physically offer.

Comment

I dream about ending the distance, but frankly, it works better for me (both of us I think) if things stay as they are for another year or so. I'm right now in the process of reaching some life and career goals and I want to get there before we go through that big change. I know he thinks the same.

Also, I really don't wish to be handcuffed to him ever - I cherish my time alone, even on visits.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I hate the distance. I feel like a part of me is missing when he is not in my orbit. I don't need him to be in the same room or house constantly, I would just be happy to have him when I go to sleep at night, when I eat dinner and when I wake up most of the time. We are really good at not smothering each other but maybe that is why both us always end up craving the other's presence most of the time when we plan a girls/boys night out. He is my partner, my love and my best friend....How could I not want to be with him?

I miss him so.
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X