This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lover forgot my Birthday and the day we meant

My lover 4 got my birthday and our special day when we first meant each other our Anniversary, now that was really sad to feel this and share it all alone ,So I just won't to end our relationship behind this. But people said is not know big issue because men seen to 4 get special times and days ,but it was a big issue on my side, I really want to break up the relationship , : was thinking my lover got really disrespect of 4 getting.

you want to break up over this? Did you remind him of the dates? Had you told him you expected anything for these occasions? Did you talk to each other on those days and he just didnt say anything?
    This is one of those communication issues - one expects one thing and the other has no clue
    everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Have you seen this thread? (<--clicky) Lots of good advice over there.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Ok,can I just point out that not everyone celebrates these kinds of things. For ex: a person that doesn't celebrate their own birthday or any others is more likely to forget yours. It could also just be a matter of him being busy,getting side tracked and forgetting. Also not everyone remembers when they met/started dating etc. even if you do. Me and my fiance don't even remember what date we met. We remember how we met and I remember that we met around the 9th of July in 2010 but that's about as far as I remember. I'm lucky I remember my SOs birthday. I have so many people that I know who have birthdays around that time in the year so I rely on facebook sadly to remind me. Guys can also be scatter brained and unless you take the initiative to remind them in some way, 9/10 they'll forget. I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill and making a drastic move over something silly.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
        Back Together: August 1,2012
        First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
        Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
        Engaged: January 17,2013
        Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
        Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
        We Got Married! - July 3,2014
        SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
        Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

You're almost 50 years old and you want to end a relationship because he forgot your birthday? Seriously?? I thought this silly shit came to an end once people grew up.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
            You're almost 50 years old and you want to end a relationship because he forgot your birthday? Seriously?? I thought this silly shit came to an end once people grew up.
            I think breaking up over that is overreacting. But it's not silly to her.
            I love birthdays and my SO doesn't see the big deal.
            He doesn't like big parties etc. But I sure as hell wouldn't break up if he didn't remember my birthday.
            And to your post, it doesn't matter if you're 20 or 50. Just because you're grown up doesn't mean things don't bother you.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahjane1992 View Post
              I think breaking up over that is overreacting. But it's not silly to her.
              I love birthdays and my SO doesn't see the big deal.
              He doesn't like big parties etc. But I sure as hell wouldn't break up if he didn't remember my birthday.
              And to your post, it doesn't matter if you're 20 or 50. Just because you're grown up doesn't mean things don't bother you.
              Things do change significantly once you're "a grown up". You aren't so hung up on insignificant things as you once were.
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Thats a rather disrespectful comment...
                Not everyone shares your opinion you know
                "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

Not everyone celebrates birthdays, and not everyone remembers the exact date. I don't remember when me and by boyfriend met, and I don't remember when he told me he liked me. I remember when we started dating, sure, but it's not a huge issue if someone forgets a date. We're all human, and sometimes we forget, and we are not perfect. I'm sure your lover loves you and this isn't something to break up over.

Comment

Originally posted by SJ22 View Post
                    Thats a rather disrespectful comment...
                    Not everyone shares your opinion you know
                    Anyone that doesn't is silly then!

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                      Things do change significantly once you're "a grown up". You aren't so hung up on insignificant things as you once were.
                      I agree. Things do change but snow_girls comment was pretty harsh.

Comment

Anyone that doesn't is silly then!
                        Everyone doesn't have to agree with your opinion. That's silly.

Comment

I agree. Things do change but snow_girls comment was pretty harsh.
                          No it wasn't A grown woman that wants to break up over that needs a reality check. Anyone that thinks thats a valid reason to consider a break up either has way bigger relationship problems.

Comment

If my boyfriend remembered my birthday, on my birthday, it would be my last one, because I'll have died of a heart attack. We don't have an anniversary, either. I like those things, sure, but they just aren't what he's good at, never has been. I'm used to it, now I make sure to remind him of anything I feel like celebrating in plenty of time. Not everyone puts value on dates, if you do, have the conversation. Had I dumped my guy because he's terrible with dates, that would have been MY mistake and loss.
                            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Everyone doesn't have to agree with your opinion. That's silly.
                              Constantly quoting my posts is silly.

Comment

Working...
                              X