Plans for Valentine's day <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasad View Post
    That's the problem... Its become so commercial.. You HAVE to do dinner, flowers, candy etc. We actually have an anti-V-day... we stay in, where pj's, eat spaghetti or something and watch movies that have explosions!
    Seriously, its what you make it and what you all like.
    You don't HAVE to... V-day for me is just like any other day - with a little extra. But no, I don't spend hundreds of euro's for it. Just a romantic walk, an extra nice card, or me making her dinner could be just as nice.

In my opinion, once a year something like that, just like mothers day or fathers day, helps to get you along the rest of the year. Of course you love each other 365 a year. But to remind her extra that one day... may help it revamp.

Just my 2 cents, of course.
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Well, if things go according to plan, we'll be spending the day in Times Square. Or maybe we'll be lazy and spend the day in the hotel room eating chocolates. We're also planning to try some new things in the bedroom. Regardless of what ends up happening, it'll still be an enjoyable day because we're not *exactly* celebrating Valentine's Day. We're also celebrating three amazing years together.
      "Love, it's not an emotion. Love is a promise!"- The 12th Doctor in Death in Heaven

You need to stop focusing on the "what if" and keep focusing on the "what is."

First Time Meeting: August 10th 2014-August 21st 2014
      Second Time Meeting: March 13th 2015-March 20th 2015
      Third Meeting: December 27th 2015-January 21st 2016 (We got engaged!)
      Fourth Meeting: July 12th-August 25th 2016
      Fifth Meeting: February 10th-February 28th 2017 (My S/O came to America!)
      Next Meeting: June 20th-September 17th 2017 (Our longest visit yet!)

Comment

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
        You don't HAVE to... V-day for me is just like any other day - with a little extra. But no, I don't spend hundreds of euro's for it. Just a romantic walk, an extra nice card, or me making her dinner could be just as nice.

In my opinion, once a year something like that, just like mothers day or fathers day, helps to get you along the rest of the year. Of course you love each other 365 a year. But to remind her extra that one day... may help it revamp.

Just my 2 cents, of course.
        Its ok.. you are not quite understanding what I mean.. ...But, I don't think I necessarily agree with that one extra day will help revamp... And it should go BOTH ways. Not just the guy buying for the girl.

Comment

I think my main problem with it is my SO works in a restaurant and so V-day is always his busiest time and so I get to speak to him less! However, even before I met my SO I never understood why people went out for dinner on 14th Feb, if you want a nice special date with your SO why pick the busiest night of the year!?!

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
            Its ok.. you are not quite understanding what I mean.. ...But, I don't think I necessarily agree with that one extra day will help revamp... And it should go BOTH ways. Not just the guy buying for the girl.
            I agree with that. It should go both ways.
            Probably I don't really get what you mean then, in that case my opologies.
            Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Well since my SO is in the country that initiated it, yes. I've already ordered his gift and it will be shipped straight there. We're both blind, so I am sending him a key tag with a custom Braille message. He doesn't know about this obviously.
              Met Online: 1998
              Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
              SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

My SO has the day off on Valentine's Day but I don't know if we'll actually do anything special. I mean, it doesn't really hold much meaning for me, never has done, so I don't ever get excited over it!

Comment

I'll be in Japan with my SO, we'll spend the day in Yokohama.

Comment

Valentines is our 3-year anniversary of when we met in person for the first time. I don't know if we'll be together this year - only if he can make it here.....so probably not LOL. It will probably just be mailing cards and maybe talking on Skype instead of just a phone call.
                    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Probably nothing special. I don't send my S/O any gifts and the like anymore despite wanting to (I'm a diehard romantic) since he's no good with that sort of thing and ends up feeling bad. We watched Heathers together last year. Good film, not exactly V Day material though.

Comment

Don't think we're gonna be able to do much since i have to be at college early the next day, but i think we'll probably manage to fit at least a lil skype session in at some point around then. I've already sent her her presents but she told me last night she'd rather just wait until i visit then buy me resents then as it's cheaper than her sending me stuff. she's prob gonna feel bad when she opens hers and i have nothing to open but i don't really mind i'm just excited to see her reaction to her presents :3
                        my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                        Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                        Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                        Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                        Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                        Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                        Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                        Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                        All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

I don't think we are doing anything extra special, but the timing does match up with our 6th month anniversary on the 18th. I sent him a handwritten letter but we are doing gifts and such when he comes out to Boston on March 9th.
                          First Met Online: April 2016
                          Started Going Out: September 18, 2016
                          First Meeting: Jan 11-18, 2017
                          Next Meeting: Nov 8-12, 2018

Comment

Well I know what I will be doing on Valentine's. I'll be at uni all bloody day. Cause I have an oral exam and there's no way for me to feel prepared enough to go in unless there's very little time left

Comment

Nothing

Comment

No plans. His Valentines Day cards should have been delivered yesterday. Valentines Day makes 3 years since we met in person for the first time.
                                To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X