who asked who out ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who asked who out ?

how did the relationship start ? For me i had to do all the work -_- I knew i liked him since the second i saw him pretty much but didnt want to creep him out even though we were friends. I only had about a month or so left and i figured why not ask him to hang out since it seems he never will lol. He said it sounded fun but didnt think much of it since he didnt want a relationship. I must have done something right cuz by the end of the day he was kissing me on the way home :P. since that day we were always together but not official. I then again had to do the work and say "jared where is this even going we both like each other but live so far away should we just give it a try and see if long distance works, if not at least we tried"
    so yes i had to step up lol and im glad i did

how about for you did he / she ask you out or did you do the work

Our relationship wasn't as simple as one person asking the other out, however, he confessed to having feelings for me first. He also said he loved me first, and took the steps necessary for us to be together. For a long time I had doubts that we could ever make it, but his persistence paid off. I owe our entire relationship to him being willing to put himself out there when I wasn't able to

Met online: 1/30/11
    Met in person: 5/30/12
    Second visit: 9/12/12
    Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

We met online, and I would say we both contributed towards us being together. Though he was initially the one to suggest we start a relationship, because he was the braver one about expressing his feelings for me. So I would say that he was the one to "ask." Although I didn't give an official 'yes' right away, but we kept talking, because I couldn't stop talking to him.. even when he suggested we not talk as much (because we talked every day).. I guess because I was confusing him because I liked him but I didn't want to officially say so because I was I guess.. in a way.. scared of being open about it, because it was my first relationship. But we both didn't want to stop talking to each other, so even during that time when we didn't talk as much, we just exchanged chatting for writing long messages to each other a few times a week.. and then eventually started chatting again and then by that time I was more sure about my feelings, and before I knew it, I was getting my passport and had saved enough to fly to see him and around that time we also made it official.

But yeah.. he asked first.

Comment

It was him doing everything in the beginning! I was still stuck in a very unhappy relationship that I thought I would have to be in forever, when he told me he loved me and told me he wants to be with me, but I couldn't have both him and my boyfriend.
        The day we started going out was when he told me he would want to tell his friends that I'm his girlfriend after I moved out of my aparment and back into my parent's place. I replied with "I'm a terrible girlfriend, aren't I?" and he got all excited! He said that I have referred to myself as his girlfriend so now it was official! He even talked to me while writing it down: May, 22nd 2012

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Our relationship had quite a messy and complicated start but after six months of me tormenting him and two visits I finally gave in, so I guess he was the one to initiate (though when we finally got together it took half a year for him to get over the shock )
          We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

My SO was the instigator on everything. Having met online and at this stage just typing over msn, he asked me if I was with somebody, to which I said no. So he asked if I would want to be with him. I said yes :P He pretty much immediately said that he loved me which was a little awkward for me because I wasn't sure that I loved him back but I said so anyway because I didn't know what else to say. But it really didn't take long before I actually meant it when I said it.

He was also the first to initiate in telling his parents and expressing his desire to come and meet me for the first time and flying all the way overseas to stay with me and my mum to meet me. So the bravery awards all go to him
            Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
            First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

neither of us asked, we just sort of assumed, as I met her when I was on holiday with my friend, neither of us really thought it was anything serious, until I got home and we were calling and talking all the time, it just happened

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
              2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
              3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
              4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
              5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
              6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
              7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
              Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
              UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

It kind of just happened naturally. Things flowed and progressed; we didn't really have a say in it. lol She was the first one to confess her feelings though but we both knew something was happening between us. I don't think either us asked "will you be my girlfriend?", we kind of just knew.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                Married April 18th, 2015!!
                Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Originally posted by itsjen516 View Post
                  For me i had to do all the work -_-
                  Haha yes I also had to do all the work. At first he was still in a relationship and I wasn't even thinking about getting to know him better although I liked him from the first moment I saw him. But one day my brother, my best friend and me went out to a nightclub and he came with us. At the nightclub he told me he and his girlfriend broke up. So I had to use this opportunity and started flirting with him (the alcohol helped a little ). I took every chance I could get to show him that I really like him. I guess he was just too shy or insecure to start. When our first kiss finally happened we got closer each day and told each other often how much we like each other. I was always telling him that I would really like to be his girlfriend but we both thought it would not be going to work because of the distance. When I was back home I realized how much I miss him and again I was the one to start the talk of being in a relationship and he agreed.

A few days ago we talked about the night in the nightclub again and I asked him if he thinks that we would be in a relationship now if I hadn't started everything. He says he doesn't think so. So I'm really glad that I did and of course he is glad too It's not always the man who has to do the first step.

Comment

My SO did all the work originally and for us getting back together!

Originally, we knew of each other in high school (my best friend had a crush on him and introduced me) but we were not friends. We started talking after high school on MySpace and progressed to phone calls, texts, etc. I liked him but didn't think I had a chance and when he asked me on a date, I was flabbergasted! After that, it was equal work.

In getting back together, he messaged me on Facebook (we're such a social network couple and asked how I was and if I could forgive him for all that happened when we had broken up. I replied back but thought that would be the end of it. He proceeded to tell me that he hadn't stopped loving or caring about me but understood that we could only ever be friends...that lasted a whole two months! He wanted to get back together and took all the steps to do so. Even now, he always says he'll fight for our relationship and never leave because he can't stand the thought of losing me again
                    Our love story:
                    Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                    Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                    Reconnected: August 2012
                    Began dating LD: November 2012
                    Engaged! March 2014
                    Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

I asked him out first to hang out but we were both completely sure (haha) that nothing romantic would come out of this! He was the first to admit feelings though.

Comment

He first talked to me and then after a month of chatting and finally convincing him I didn't have a boyfriend back in my home country, he asked me on a date. Two weeks later he asked me to be his girlfriend. So, the attraction and "work" was on both sides but he was the one to do all the asking. We decided mutually to continue the relationship long-distance.
                        When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
                        no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

I demanded that he marry me...... luckily for me he is equally crazy as I am and so didn't run away at this point!

Comment

I like reading all these better then mind lol legit when I told him I like he said "ya I know" lmao like go away your a jerk LOL but then he admited like 2 minutes later he liked me to lol and I called him a jerk again

Comment

We were really close friends and used to say 'i love you' but like as friends and that made me really nervous and think that she only liked me in a friend way. so when i did try to hint that i liked her i had to end up saying i love you in a way you don't love me, and she was like no i love you that way too and it was really super cute and i asked her to be my girlfriend by sending her a picture with the words written and she said yes and i may have a cried a little. so yeah that was thrilling story.
                              my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                              Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                              Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                              Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                              Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                              Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                              Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                              Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                              All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X