Midlife Crises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarahjane1992 View Post
    Sometimes being brutally honest is the best strategy. The OP needs to move on. I agree with Davidvs. I also have read many of your threads. The 19 year old has pushed you away. There is a point when you have to let go. Besides, from everything I have read, he really wasn't yours in the first place.
    There's a difference between being brutally honest and insulting a person, fyi they are not the same thing. His comment was rather condescending and quite frankly unnecessary. I'm not trying to date that Dav guy so he doesn't need to tell me how he perceives me. I did not find that being brutally honest, but a chance to take a jab at someone. Does it matter if my interest was mine or not? We couldn't see each other for a long time any time soon, anyway so really the "official" title is pointless.

Comment

Sometimes being brutally honest is the best strategy. The OP needs to move on. I agree with Davidvs. I also have read many of your threads. The 19 year old has pushed you away. There is a point when you have to let go. Besides, from everything I have read, he really wasn't yours in the first place.
      Also no one is ever anyone's until they put a ring on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ldrxoxo View Post
        There's a difference between being brutally honest and insulting a person, fyi they are not the same thing. His comment was rather condescending and quite frankly unnecessary. I'm not trying to date that Dav guy so he doesn't need to tell me how he perceives me. I did not find that being brutally honest, but a chance to take a jab at someone. Does it matter if my interest was mine or not? We couldn't see each other for a long time any time soon, anyway so really the "official" title is pointless.
        The comment wasn't insulting. He was making a point and giving his opinion. Which is expected when you post a thread.
        And just fyi, there is no correlation between you not wanting to date him and him making a point. He was just giving his opinion. Like everyone else has.
        We're just not saying exactly what you want to hear. That's the problem.

Comment

The comment wasn't insulting. He was making a point and giving his opinion. Which is expected when you post a thread.
          And just fyi, there is no correlation between you not wanting to date him and him making a point. He was just giving his opinion. Like everyone else has.
          We're just not saying exactly what you want to hear. That's the problem.
          And by the way, I believe I addressed this before which you seemed to ignore my response to that dude. "The forum rules say not to personally attack members but that doesn't seem to stop you." I really couldn't care less about being "official" because I see time and again people get into relationships just to be in one so not having an "official" title doesn't make our feelings for each other less valid. He only pushes me away because he can't see me right now and he doesn't know how to handle the distance properly and that's the only reason he's pushing me away. It isn't because he thinks I'm "crazy." If that was the case he would have stopped talking to me the minute he read my blogs and stories about him. Instead he told me I'm a really good writer.

You say you've read my posts just like that Davs poster, but I think you've misread some things time and again and aren't reading the same situation that I typed.

Comment

He only pushes me away because he can't see me right now and he doesn't know how to handle the distance properly and that's the only reason he's pushing me away.
            Does it matter WHY he doesn't want to be with you? No it doesn't. He's entitled to his reasons. Respect his decision and stop trying to force him to change his mind.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

DUDE lmao

I'm so bored that I could actually do some more work...

OP: I suggest u use all this negative energy and draft your resume/Curriculum Vitae and try to get yourself a job.

Comment

And by the way, I believe I addressed this before which you seemed to ignore my response to that dude. "The forum rules say not to personally attack members but that doesn't seem to stop you." I really couldn't care less about being "official" because I see time and again people get into relationships just to be in one so not having an "official" title doesn't make our feelings for each other less valid. He only pushes me away because he can't see me right now and he doesn't know how to handle the distance properly and that's the only reason he's pushing me away. It isn't because he thinks I'm "crazy." If that was the case he would have stopped talking to me the minute he read my blogs and stories about him. Instead he told me I'm a really good writer.

You say you've read my posts just like that Davs poster, but I think you've misread some things time and again and aren't reading the same situation that I typed.
                Davidvs didn't attack you personally. He told you the truth. But again, you don't want to hear it. And unfortunately I have read your posts. The situation hasn't changed.
                When someone wants to be with you, they make an effort. They look for ways to spend time together. And they make you a priority in their life. The 19 year old hasn't done any of those things. It's time to let go.

Comment

Davidvs didn't attack you personally. He told you the truth. But again, you don't want to hear it. And unfortunately I have read your posts. The situation hasn't changed.
                  When someone wants to be with you, they make an effort. They look for ways to spend time together. And they make you a priority in their life. The 19 year old hasn't done any of those things. It's time to let go.

And also, the fact that my guy pushed me away before I went off on him showed me he can't be just friends with me like he said he wanted. If he really wanted to be just friends, he wouldn't have ignored me also when I tried to talk to him as only a friend. He likes me the same amount as much as I like him, he just doesn't know how to deal properly with the situation. I think you and that poster need to re-read my posts you claim to have read because nowhere did I say my guy pushed me away because he thought I was "crazy." We've talked about a lot of things one would think he would have stopped talking to me right then, but he didn't stop talking to me then and that's what I admire about his strong character that he isn't a sissy like guys who claim they would have "run the other direction" earlier.

Comment

He likes me the same amount as much as I like him, he just doesn't know how to deal properly with the situation.
                    No, he does not feel the same way. I am sorry, but he doesn't. At first, he may have, but not anymore. You need to accept that and move on. And honestly, (this is going to get me in trouble again) you may want to reach out to someone in your family or clergy you can talk to regarding your emotions, because I think you should talk this through with someone you can trust (not the kid) in a face to face environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidvs View Post
                      No, he does not feel the same way. I am sorry, but he doesn't. At first, he may have, but not anymore. You need to accept that and move on. And honestly, (this is going to get me in trouble again) you may want to reach out to someone in your family or clergy you can talk to regarding your emotions, because I think you should talk this through with someone you can trust (not the kid) in a face to face environment.
                      You'll get into trouble for saying such things because you aren't dating her.

Comment

Well, at least my girlfriend will be relieved that I'm not cheating on her.

Comment

Well, at least my girlfriend will be relieved that I'm not cheating on her.
                          LOL yep

Comment

You're just giving her an honest opinion. Which I totally agree with. If you don't want to hear what we have to say, DON'T post multiple threads and blogs. We have heard the OP's story and given her advice. Advice she is obviously not listening to. Nothing has changed. Time to move on.

Comment

David's first post was fine, but honestly, unless you know the guy she was dating in person you should refrain from saying what he thinks or feels, because you can't possibly know.

One of my bigget pet peeves.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                              Married: 1/24/2015
                              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                                David's first post was fine, but honestly, unless you know the guy she was dating in person you should refrain from saying what he thinks or feels, because you can't possibly know.

One of my bigget pet peeves.
                                Thank you. I agree had he left out that part about what he thinks that guy thinks I would have been fine with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X