Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much longer until there is no more distance between your So and you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Silviar;29652]Reading about all of you amazing people and the waits you have makes me feel like a sissy for thinking May is frustratingly far away (on the bad days).

exactly!
    Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
    Starting Dating: 5.22.09
    Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
    Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
    Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

Comment

11 months and 11 days. (that's when his visa is up)

I really give a lot of credit to you who are waiting for 2+ years!! My hat's off to you.

Comment

5-6 years depending on when i finish
        sigpic

Comment

I finalized that countdown, I am so lucky. I am happy to see many of you are ending it soon!!

Comment

4 months--I plan to move there sometime within the last 2 weeks of December or the first week of January. It feels like forever, but 120 days is not even that many.

Comment

It really depends on when we get engaged/married. It'll be hard when he goes to Japan. But we're planning on being married before he's out of the Navy, which would be 2013. Fingers crossed!
              Maybe I'm meant for the sea. We pass it by so passively & all that's said is what we know;; We'll watch it come;; We'll watch it go..

Comment

Hmm... 20 years?

Yes, I'm serious.
                Because of my SO's work, there will always be times when we are apart, no matter if we get married, live in the same country etc.
                He will still be gone for 5 weeks at the time.

Unless his schedule changes, if they suddenly tell him to be gone for 4-6 months at the time. Then I asked him to find a different job.

Comment

i did say maybe summer of this year but that may not happen unless things change somehow i dunno when the distance will end completely

Comment

Originally posted by Mio View Post
                    I finalized that countdown, I am so lucky. I am happy to see many of you are ending it soon!!
                    i wanna be able to say that one day

Comment

When the distance finally ends for good? I have no idea. At the moment we are looking at a minimum of 5 years, but it could go up to 10. Education is the big issue. He's got one year left of highschool, then he may or may not take a gap year, after that he may return to the US for 4 years of college, but he's not sure yet. I have one year left of high school, then two years of 6th form, then a gap year and from there I really don't know. I might return to the UK for university (who knows how many years THAT'll take) I might stay in the US and work (in which case, the distance would be over) or I might return to the UK and work here. Our future is extremely uncertain because neither of us know for sure what we want to do with our lives. My ultimate goal is for us to be together permanently by the time I am 25 (10 years from now).

Comment

June for me, I'm right after you and Silviar!
                        First date: 12.27.09
                        Started the distance: 6.10.10
                        Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

About 8 1/2 months. I'm so excited.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                          - A. A. Milne

Comment

If everything goes well with my graduation next spring (I guess the odds are not on my side..) 13 months or less (maybe even just 9 if we're very very lucky). If that doesn't work out 16 months I'm sure it wouldn't be longer than that.

Comment

about a year! my boyfriend is going to move out here next summer i cannot wait!
                              <3
                              sigpic

Comment

Two years? Three years? Four years? I don't even know. . . I wish I did. . .

Comment

Working...
                                X