No announcement yet.

SO's best friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey sweetheart. Been thinking about you. I want you to take a deep breath for me. It's going to be okay. The second thing I want you to say to yourself, out loud if you can, is "it's not my fault." Blame doesn't need to be placed anywhere right now. Change is scary, the unknown can be a frightening place, but sometimes it's the best thing that can happen even though it may not seem like it now.

I think it would be really good for you right now to get your head back together again. Take some time for yourself, sort through your emotions, and heal. I'm honestly going to recommend you break contact with the BFF for now. It's entirely up to you what you decide to do, but I don't think your emotions are in a great place at the moment, and I would hate to see something that could be really good with any person you date, turn into a complete mess because you haven't dealt with yourself first. If the BFF really cares about you, he will wait.

In order for you to be your best in your relationships, you have to be at your best with yourself first. Sometimes this can take months or years to sort through, but I cannot stress the importance of this enough. When you rebound into a relationship without time to heal, you bring baggage with you that can destroy it. Turning to someone else to sooth your feelings directly after a breakup doesn't let you actually deal with them directly yourself typically. And I think you may need that.

Sending you big hugs sweets. You're going to be fine. Just give yourself some time to grieve.
    "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Originally posted by merlinkitty View Post
      Hey sweetheart. Been thinking about you. I want you to take a deep breath for me. It's going to be okay. The second thing I want you to say to yourself, out loud if you can, is "it's not my fault." Blame doesn't need to be placed anywhere right now. Change is scary, the unknown can be a frightening place, but sometimes it's the best thing that can happen even though it may not seem like it now.

I think it would be really good for you right now to get your head back together again. Take some time for yourself, sort through your emotions, and heal. I'm honestly going to recommend you break contact with the BFF for now. It's entirely up to you what you decide to do, but I don't think your emotions are in a great place at the moment, and I would hate to see something that could be really good with any person you date, turn into a complete mess because you haven't dealt with yourself first. If the BFF really cares about you, he will wait.

In order for you to be your best in your relationships, you have to be at your best with yourself first. Sometimes this can take months or years to sort through, but I cannot stress the importance of this enough. When you rebound into a relationship without time to heal, you bring baggage with you that can destroy it. Turning to someone else to sooth your feelings directly after a breakup doesn't let you actually deal with them directly yourself typically. And I think you may need that.

Sending you big hugs sweets. You're going to be fine. Just give yourself some time to grieve.
      I wrote a decent post but lost it but THIS ^^^^ says it all!

All the best
      Met Online : July 2013
      Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
      2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
      3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
      Proposal : December 2014
      Closed distance : February 2015
      Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Working...
      X