You are doing fantastically. Stay brave and proud, you got all reason to be

~
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Originally posted by Miasmata View Post
      You are doing fantastically. Stay brave and proud, you got all reason to be
      Thank you. I did feel weak earlier as I was getting voicemails from my parents and my dad was crying. But I know he can't change, it's just who he is. And I know they don't want me dating, so it's best I'm not doing it under their roof.

Comment

So proud of you young woman!

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
          So proud of you young woman!
          Thanks.

I got messed around by the jobcentre too. They assured me I'd get paid yesterday, but I didn't receive anything. Now they're saying I'll get paid Friday. Bearing in mind they know my situation, in a refuge paying rent and buying food. This kind of crap is what drives people to use food banks. They're so slow and behind on everything. They need to react faster in emergency situations.

Comment

I'm feeling a lot more settled, but I do get quite bored at the refuge, which hopefully will be fixed soon by either paid work or voluntary for the time being. I see my SO every weekend, and sometimes we meet in the city centre if we're missing each other. Being only two buses away is kinda crazy, I can't believe I'm so close to him. One of my friends is driving down to visit me within the next couple of weeks, which I really need. I haven't seen anyone I know from back home for weeks now. I need it. As you can see I put a picture of us both in my avatar. I like that one.

Comment

I was petrified to mention my LDR to my parents. Mainly due to the fact we met over the internet. It took 3 days before I couldn't hold it in anymore, they could sense that something was wrong when I was shaking and crying. So my dad eventually got it out of me and he reacted so well, as did my mum and brother when they were told. My grandma only found out last week - hers was the reaction I was fearing the most as she was worried about my internet FRIENDS being strangers, let alone a partner. But luckily she was really happy for me! I think it helped that we had met in person by this time, seeing pictures of us together was reassuring for her. So yes, I was petrified but lucky that everything worked out so well! My family are ultimately happy that I'm happy.

Also, congrats! <3
              Last edited by JadeW97; March 21, 2016, 12:57 PM.
              02.01.16 <3

Comment

It's great to hear you've settled in more and you can see each other more easily Fingers crossed you'll get work soon and things will get even better!

Lovely photo of you two as well.

Good to hear things are going well for you too JadeW97, grandmas can always be the most nerve-racking haha. My nan likes my gf, but calls her the strange little girl (since meeting her) and one of my gf's grandmas hates me, soooo, I understand the fear.

Comment

My boyfriend told me that he told his grandma that he was dating an American and he said she seemed more amazed that he could get "living pictures" on his pc, and for free nonetheless more than anything XD. I'm guessing that he told her about skype. I just wanted to share a funny story lol.

Comment

Originally posted by WarwickGuy View Post
                    It's great to hear you've settled in more and you can see each other more easily Fingers crossed you'll get work soon and things will get even better!

Lovely photo of you two as well.

Good to hear things are going well for you too JadeW97, grandmas can always be the most nerve-racking haha. My nan likes my gf, but calls her the strange little girl (since meeting her) and one of my gf's grandmas hates me, soooo, I understand the fear.
                    Thanks!

Originally posted by staruletto View Post
                    My boyfriend told me that he told his grandma that he was dating an American and he said she seemed more amazed that he could get "living pictures" on his pc, and for free nonetheless more than anything XD. I'm guessing that he told her about skype. I just wanted to share a funny story lol.
                    Lol its funny how older people react to technology sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by honeybunny View Post
                      I'm feeling a lot more settled, but I do get quite bored at the refuge, which hopefully will be fixed soon by either paid work or voluntary for the time being. I see my SO every weekend, and sometimes we meet in the city centre if we're missing each other. Being only two buses away is kinda crazy, I can't believe I'm so close to him. One of my friends is driving down to visit me within the next couple of weeks, which I really need. I haven't seen anyone I know from back home for weeks now. I need it. As you can see I put a picture of us both in my avatar. I like that one.
                      Just wanted to suggest going to the public library nearest to you? Besides the obvious books and movies, a lot of them also give free classes on various subjects. You might find something interesting or get sucked into a powerful book series
                      Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                      And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                      ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Originally posted by ioanna View Post
                        Just wanted to suggest going to the public library nearest to you? Besides the obvious books and movies, a lot of them also give free classes on various subjects. You might find something interesting or get sucked into a powerful book series
                        I have enrolled in classes but they start late next month. I'm also gonna go join the library this week. Definitely need it!

Comment

Beautiful picture of the two of you honeybunny!

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
                            Beautiful picture of the two of you honeybunny!
                            Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                            X