Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Here...How long do you usually go between visits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are 7 hours apart...and see each other usually every 5-6 weeks for a long weekend..
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

We usually see each other every 6 months or so.. because he is in the UK and I am in the US...and we have to ration vacation days for visits...unfortunately we had a series of personal tragedies (death, sickness, job loss, ect) that made it so we couldn't see each other for 3 years and 55 days. THANK GOODNESS that ended this December 22 when he visited for a wonderful 18 days. We are now back onto our regular very 6 months schedule with me going there in June, and he will be coming here again this December.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
      And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

We just got back into a routine of seeing each other every other weekend, for a while it was all over the place and it would range from like 3 days to 3 weeks.

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

My boyfriend lives in England and I live in the US. So far, we have been very lucky with visits. We saw each other in August, November, and he just left Saturday which means every 2-3 months. However with me being in uni and student teaching this semester, we won't be able to see him again until May when I graduate. After that, we'll go back to more regular visits since I'll be there again in July so it really depends on what's going on in our lives at the time.
          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
          Made it official: September 17, 2010
          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
          Got married: November 21, 2012
          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

we try to see each other every 2 to 3 weeks.

Comment

So far we're seeing each other every two to three months, but I think that'll increase soon because of my budget as a uni student. We'll see how it goes.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
              -- Anonymous

Comment

The first visit after leaving is going to be 6 months later-left in December, going back in June. I'm hoping that I can work out another one 6-7 months afterwards(in late December or January, when my law school stuff should all be done). All that remains is actually getting money for that kind of thing T_T He's in Beijing and I'm in LA.

Comment

Before Christmas it was about every 2 weeks, now it's once a month, then we'll be together for the summer until I go back to school and I don't know after that. We're planning to close the distance permanently in a year and a half though.

Comment

I'll be going to beijing again in mid march! which is during my 1 month holidays! hopefully i could stay for a month, i'll first have to get pass my tigress mum who might not even allow me to go back to beijing to visit him.
                    If we can still hang on together i guess i could re visit him again after i graduate which is around november-december period.

I'm from Singapore and he's in Beijing, 2947 miles apart from each other.

Comment

Before I moved, it would be once every month or every other month for a couple days (we be dirt poor). Longest we went was two different instances of 3 months. Don't know how the rest of you do it xD. Anyway, we were only 300 miles apart (Vegas to Los Angeles). Theoretically we could see each other every other weekend if we weren't so young. He's barely 21 and I'm turning in May. So yeah, we're basically kids :P. Then there's also the issue that we're men, we're freaking lazy xD. Gay relationships are wonderfully low maintenance ;D. Anyway, we did this for 2 years and some change. Now he's across the street :P. We're still too young to move in together xD.

Comment

Well the plan was to see each other about every 2 months, but that hasn't really worked out. The last time I saw him was October, and we were supposed to meet up at the end of this month, but now it's going to be March. 5 months between visits feels far too long. I am hoping we'll see each other more after that. I really feel for those of you who see each other even less than we do.

Comment

We see each other every 3-6 months. Not that often, but what can we do

Comment

Usually between 2 weeks and a month. Our longest was two months.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                            - A. A. Milne

Comment

Too long. We've been together for about 1 year and 4 months (check the sig for the exact amount of time). And we saw each other once. For 3 days. This year I had hoped for two visits. Now I'm not so sure. Maybe it'll be just one weekend again. I really don't know. I envy anyone who is able to see their SO more than that. You are very lucky.

Comment

Wow.. I still havnt been able to see my SO. So it's been a year and 2 months. It seems like so much longer than that, though. And he's just 16 hours away from me.

Comment

Working...
                                X