No announcement yet.

Google-ing your SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He actually encouraged me to google him. He has a colorful background, so he was sure quite a bit would come up. He actually has a pretty common name, so I didn't find anything about what he actually told me.

He didn't google me - he had a professional background check run on me. When it was done, he was like "Wow, you've never done ANYTHING wrong, have you? Not even a speeding ticket" LOL
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

We have both googled each other, but there wasn't really anything juicy to be found.

Comment

I googled mine and found out he was a chemistry nerd. I already knew that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
          he had a professional background check run on me.
          I would probably not be happy if someone did that.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
            I would probably not be happy if someone did that.
            It's not the first time it's happened to me. The only thing that bothers me is that they'll think I must be excessively boring!

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I did Google my husband purely for curiosity's sake. Though I had to look him up under his full name which is really long. But the only thing I could find on him was places he had lived before, where he was living then and things about his time in the US Navy and his facebook page. I didn't find anything I didn't already know about him. He looked me up also and he couldn't find anything really from what I can remember other then a facebook page I had at that time I think.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
              Back Together: August 1,2012
              First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
              Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
              Engaged: January 17,2013
              Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
              Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
              We Got Married! - July 3,2014
              SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
              Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

YES! I definitely googled him! I actually found his family members names and his address before he told me, I also found a facebook that he doesn't use. He also has an extremely common name that it was like hours of research, then I realized how weird it was and I stopped. But I did it again after a few months and I actually did find something really shocking... I was actually pretty angry at him but it was in his past and I got over it lol

I think it's perfectly acceptable to google someone and I told him after I did. I would be fine if he were to do it to me. It's better to be safe than sorry and I don't think anything is wrong with finding out more about someone you have a relationship with.
                Last edited by Sarah96; July 22, 2014, 12:23 AM.

Comment

It's not the first time it's happened to me. The only thing that bothers me is that they'll think I must be excessively boring!
                  The only one ever giving me a backround check was banks and airline companies, and they can only check my money. Work are not allowed to do this. I don't even have a parking ticket or unpaid bill, still that level of suspiction from a lover would probably freak me out.
                  Last edited by differentcountries; July 22, 2014, 03:44 AM.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                    The only one ever giving me a backround check was banks and airline companies, and they can only check my money. Work are not allowed to do this. I don't even have a parking ticket or unpaid bill, still that level of suspiction from a lover would probably freak me out.
                    I've had to have my fingerprints taken to be run for 3 of the jobs I've worked at and my current one also required an FBI background check. The first one ran a background on me due to his position where he worked and since we met online, he had to verify who I was and make sure I wasn't a security risk. My SO had to run one for a little different reason but an understandable one.

Comment

We had the contract to handle the prisons so my EX and all our techs had to have background checks run. If you put it into an Employee contract and they sign it, you can require them to have one, and I see nothing wrong with that. If you do not disclose a crime you committed and it comes up on a background check , it is grounds for immediate termination and would cause you to lose your claim for employment benefits. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.
                      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Lol. I just did it because of this thread. Found nothing. I only found stuff about his dad's obituary/passing (his dad is a Sr., my SO is a Jr.).

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
                          Lol. I just did it because of this thread. Found nothing. I only found stuff about his dad's obituary/passing (his dad is a Sr., my SO is a Jr.).
                          Haha I had to specify when googling my husband for this very reason because he's a IIIrd and his dad is a Jr. So any time I search them if I dont put III at the end I always find his dad xD.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                          Back Together: August 1,2012
                          First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                          Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                          Engaged: January 17,2013
                          Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                          Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                          We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                          SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                          Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDaemon View Post
                            Haha I had to specify when googling my husband for this very reason because he's a IIIrd and his dad is a Jr. So any time I search them if I dont put III at the end I always find his dad xD.
                            Lol, I did it every way I could think of. Found nothing still. He's pretty private.

Comment

Never googled him, and I don't have any desire to. I just don't see the point in it - I reckon that at most, I'd find his Facebook, and he only uses that to keep in touch with extended family and old schoolmates.

~
                              It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                              A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                              The hands of the many must join as one
                              And together we'll cross the river

Comment

I've had to have my fingerprints taken to be run for 3 of the jobs I've worked at and my current one also required an FBI background check. The first one ran a background on me due to his position where he worked and since we met online, he had to verify who I was and make sure I wasn't a security risk. My SO had to run one for a little different reason but an understandable one.
                                Personal information is very strictly controlled in our country. Sharing information unlawfully is considered a serious criminal offense. Nobody can ask for your fingerprint exept the police. Some jobs require a police certificate, for instance my husband had to get one for his previous job in a kindergarten (to prove not being a child molester), and you have to get one if you work with safety, but the jobs can't run background checks themselves. Anyone can run a cross search online because it is public, and banks can exess info about your financial stancebecause they have a special permission to do that, but to otherwise exess arcives for information about health, criminal records etc is in many cases illegal, even if you work for the public. If I change doctors the new one will not know what happened with the old one unless I pay to have the old record transferred. I have to activity content to almost all information that is shared about me. So the thought of someone I date checking my background feels very invading, and if I found out I would probably break off the relationship.
                                Last edited by differentcountries; July 22, 2014, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X