Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your opinion on tattoos!

I was just curious

How many of you have tattoos? How many and where? Does your SO like your tattoos? Do you have special ones dedicated to your SO?

Does your SO have tattoos? How many and where? Do you love them? Is there any certain one you don't like due to location or what it is/its meaning?

Just, over all, what is your opinion about tattoos! Preference of black/gray or color?

My SO doesn't have any and I honestly love his body without ink. However, I wouldn't be against him getting one if he wanted. He has no interest though.

I have a tattoo on my left ankle, on the outside. It is a little bigger than a quarter and it is a symbol I drew myself that stands for "love, peace, and music." It is solid black. My family is very close-minded and my mom still hates me for it. I don't think she'll ever get over it though it is the simplest little thing. My SO adores it. He thinks it is very cute and he loves that it is slightly hidden (you have to look for it). He says it is like a secret message.
    None and I don't want them to have any.
    27.78%
    None and I wish they had some!
    7.78%
    None and I don't care either way if they have them or don't
    38.89%
    1-2
    14.44%
    3-5
    8.89%
    6-9
    1.11%
    10+
    1.11%
    Last edited by ashleecarol; April 13, 2011, 12:31 AM.

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

My SO has 3 tattoos, all on his upper arms. They're pretty generic: a tribal band, a yin-yang symbol, and a tribal sun. I like them even though they're pretty old and faded. I don't have any tattoos, but I do plan on getting one I've just yet to finalize the design and figure out where it's going. I want an artist palette bleeding paint to symbolize my passion for art. Also thought of getting a rabbit silhouette (the entire bunny, not like the Playboy Bunny symbol) on the back of my neck but that'd be the second one I get.

My mom hates tattoos and doesn't endorse me getting one so I imagine I'd have to sneak around for it even though I'm 21 and don't need her permission.

Comment

I feel like my answer's not quite accurate - my SO doesn't like tattoos and doesn't currently have any, nor does he plan to get any in the future. I'm happy with his choice, but I'm not opposed to tattoos as a whole, just to clarify. I enjoy hearing people's stories and seeing people's own unique creations.
      My heart belongs to a pilot!
      ~*~
      ~*~
      [/center]

Comment

I myself do not have any tattoos. Although in the upcoming months I plan to get my first one.

My SO has one tattoo - ready for this one?

It's on his collar bone, and it's his ex girlfriend's lips.

Yeah.

He says somedays he hates looking at it, that it makes him sick. Other days he likes it because he looks at it as a reminder of how bad that relationship was. I'm kind of on the same POV.. I hate it obviously, I hate everything about it. That he liked her enough to get something about her tattooed on him, that it will always be there unless he covers it up which he might, etc etc. But at the same time.. it's a part of him, I have always known him with it.. I dunno.

Comment

I have seven tattoos and my husband has 2. People often ask him if it bothers him that I am more inked then him lol. He doesn't mind that I have tattoos. He only has two and probably won't get more but thats just his views. I have at least 3 to 4 more planned.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsExPrez View Post
            I myself do not have any tattoos. Although in the upcoming months I plan to get my first one.

My SO has one tattoo - ready for this one?

It's on his collar bone, and it's his ex girlfriend's lips.

Yeah.

He says somedays he hates looking at it, that it makes him sick. Other days he likes it because he looks at it as a reminder of how bad that relationship was. I'm kind of on the same POV.. I hate it obviously, I hate everything about it. That he liked her enough to get something about her tattooed on him, that it will always be there unless he covers it up which he might, etc etc. But at the same time.. it's a part of him, I have always known him with it.. I dunno.
            Cheaper to accept that tiny flaw than get it lasered off. Hear that stuff hurts worse than getting kicked in the nuts by a train. Sad thing is stuff like that is the most common for tattoos and the first thing people regret putting on themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
              My mom hates tattoos and doesn't endorse me getting one so I imagine I'd have to sneak around for it even though I'm 21 and don't need her permission.
              Exaaaaactly my situation. I got mine when I was 20 and I am now 21. When the topic is ever brought up about my tattoo, she wishes I would just amputate my foot off from the ankle. I only got away for about 3 weeks without her noticing. So, basically, whenever we can avoid the topic...we DEFINITELY do lol

Comment

My SO doesn't have any tattoos (except for a small dot on his right hand, done with a needle and pen ink when he was 16 lol). He doesn't plan to get any. I have a quote from Hamlet across my shoulder blades. here is a pic of mine : https://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3leqvVpJp1qbeir9.jpg

Comment

@Zapookie: YOUR TATTOO IS BEAUTIFUUUUL! I adore that quote also. Very flattering on you!

Comment

Originally posted by ashleecarol View Post
                    Exaaaaactly my situation. I got mine when I was 20 and I am now 21. When the topic is ever brought up about my tattoo, she wishes I would just amputate my foot off from the ankle. I only got away for about 3 weeks without her noticing. So, basically, whenever we can avoid the topic...we DEFINITELY do lol
                    My mom thinks all tattoos are ugly and are associated with drug users. I bought a book showcasing tattoo art once and she went off on me about it. "Sara what happens when you're my age?!" "I'll be glad I have a decent tattoo and not a penis drawn on my arm."

Comment

So first of all I should read before I vote. My SO has about 6 or so but I cant remember what all of. The nice thing I really like about them is that they are all on his chest upper arms and upper back. He can slip on a polo and no one would be the wiser that he has any.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
                        My mom thinks all tattoos are ugly and are associated with drug users. I bought a book showcasing tattoo art once and she went off on me about it. "Sara what happens when you're my age?!" "I'll be glad I have a decent tattoo and not a penis drawn on my arm."
                        If you have ever watched South Park, my mom would be like Kyle Broflovski's mom about tattoos. But yes, my mom is waiting for the day that I say I hate my tattoo so she can say oh-so-lovingly "I told you so." Because, I am simply "immature" and that it will be something that I will "look back on and think about how stupid I was to do that to my body." AND OF COURSE, "I will know how she feels one day when my daughter wants one."

I actually drew my design on my ankle for a month in sharpie to see if I would like it after a extended period of time and to assure myself that it was something I knew 110% certain that I wanted on the location I wanted. Due to the fact that I designed it and it holds three meanings that I hold true to my life, it is completely sentimental.

Comment

@ashleecarol thank you so much! its not as pretty close up haha.. key thing to know when getting a tattoo is go to someone who is well trusted and view their portfolio before jumping into anything!

my mother didn't find out until a few months after, and when she did, she thought I was into sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll and told all her friends how terrible i am.. she wasn't too far off but not to the extreme that she thinks! ha.

Comment

@ LMH - I don't think he would EVER get it lasered off. We were discussing more like.. covering it with a new one, something different. I always joke and say he should just tattoo my lips over hers bahahah! ..no.

Comment

My SO doesn't have any. I'm down with it if he ever wants to get one and it won't bother me if he never does. Maybe we'll get tattoos together someday...

Comment

Working...
                              X