No announcement yet.

Your opinion on tattoos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of you have tattoos? How many and where? Does your SO like your tattoos? Do you have special ones dedicated to your SO?
    Currently I have one tattoo of 3 stars on my hip, there isn't any meaing behind the stars but since I'm not 18 I had a friend of mine do it for me with a needle, yeah it took 4-5 hours to do and it was SO painful cuz its right on the bone but I love it, my best friend did it for me and thus it has a lot of great memory behind it and sentimental value. My SO was pissed when I did it though he wanted me to wait for a professional but now that he's seen the final product I think he's okay with it.

Does your SO have tattoos? How many and where? Do you love them? Is there any certain one you don't like due to location or what it is/its meaning?
    My SO has 5 tattoos, he has the japanese kanji for each element on his wrists, two on each, and a tribal cross on his ribcage which he's been meaning to finish for the past couple years but he's lacking the money and afraid of the pain :P I love his tattoos, I think they fit his personality great and I'm just a sucker for a guy with ink ^^;

Just, over all, what is your opinion about tattoos! Preference of black/gray or color?
    I love tattoos, I think it's a great way to express yourself and have a great reminder of whatever it is you have, just to think that every time you look at a piece of art on your body you can remember why you got it and all the great memories associated with it. But I do prefer black and gray tattoos, I love how color looks at first but after awhile it fades and getting color is more expensive not to mention if you wanna re fill the color after it fades, it looks great but I just don't find it practical especially with where I live it's all sun so the color fades even faster than most.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

My SO doesn't have any... nor does he have any plans to get any.
      I am content about that, but it's not that I would through a fit if he did decide to get one. (of course also depending on the design, place and size).
      I'm fine with people having a tattoo or few... maybe my SO is just not really the type it fits.

Comment

I have 3 tattoos with another one ready to go. My SO doesn't have any. About a year or so ago he said he was going to get a big 1/2 sleeve and I was really excited about that because I think 1/2 sleeves are sexy! But for some reason it didn't go through. Now I'm kind of glad he's tattoo/piercing free. I like him clean

Comment

If you asked me 20 years ago if I liked tattoos or would date someone with them....ha!! I would have screamed HELLLL NO!

Ah how much we change. I don't have any (though I would love some!)...

My SO has a few..including an arm sleeve......
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

The Boy doesn't have any, although we did talk about what he should get and where. I don't think he'd ever go through with it though.

I have a heart surrounded my ivy leaves on my left breast. It was in color, but now that my breasts got larger with the breast milk and now back to normal size and a bit saggy, it's stretched and faded. I don't regret it, I'd like to get small breast implants, to firm up my breasts and have the tattoo redone.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

My boyfriend and I got each other's name tattooed on the insides of our lips not more than a month ago!

They fade easily from the skin being so thin and your teeth rubbing against it all the time... so if god forbid we did break up it would go away.... but we plan to get them retouched every few years.

Comment

Neither of us have tattoos, mostly because we're not of legal age yet and our parents wouldn't sign for it. Haha. But I don't think I would mind if my SO had any, as long as it wasn't anything offensive or flashy. I think tattoos should be a personal thing, not just something for everyone to see.

I wouldn't mind getting a tattoo of a favorite quote of mine in white ink on my arm to help me out during tough times. Kinda like a motivator.

Comment

his unlce owns a tattoo shop, so hes pretty decorated haha. pretty much a full sleeve on one arm and a couple tattoos on the other. i like them, i think tats are sexy (when its not all voer the body) and he thinks they are to, so he wants me to get some haha.
                  i always make up stories about his tattoos, we usually end up laughing(: and theyre really hot with his muscular arms(:<3

Comment

Originally posted by hillke View Post
                    My boyfriend and I got each other's name tattooed on the insides of our lips not more than a month ago!

They fade easily from the skin being so thin and your teeth rubbing against it all the time... so if god forbid we did break up it would go away.... but we plan to get them retouched every few years.
                    does that hurtt??

Comment

I was wondering the same thing!!!

Hm, I am against tattoos, so I'll never get one and I wouldn't be happy if my SO did decide to get one. Fortunately, he's not really interested in the whole idea of decorating himself, or getting poked if it's unnecessary, so I don't even have to ask him never to get a tattoo. It's not going to happen anyway.

I do like the way tattoos look, though. It's the permanence that I have a problem with. Temporary or henna tattoos are all fine and dandy in my opinion, I love those. They aren't permanently altering the way your body looks. *shrugs*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steph_bballgirl View Post
                        does that hurtt??
                        not anymore but it certainly did hurt to get it done! I don't have any other tattoos to compare it to, unfortunately. Hurt more than any piercing I've ever gotten but it took a lot longer so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Comment

Originally posted by hillke View Post
                          That is dedication right there. Not just for your SO but just getting ANY tattoo there in general. I like the concept, I just wouldn't want to have to pay all that money to have it constantly touched up. Is your lip super puffy afterwards? How long before you can eat/drink after getting something like that done?

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
                            I love tattoos, but I'm really peeved when people get tattoos just to get them. If you are going to get something permanant shouldn't it be something you've thought about and not picked out of a book?
                            I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. I have a friend who got a tattoo of a giant blue whale on her thigh. No one even knew she even liked whales or that they held a significance to her. So, one day I asked her about it and why she got it. She said she just woke up and wanted a tattoo. She went to the parlor and picked out the whale. No significance, no meaning, no reasoning except she woke up wanting a tattoo of SOMETHING. So, now she has this HUGE tattoo of a blue whale on the outside of her thigh...

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

i have 5 tattoos, my SO doesn't have any.

he really likes my tattoos on me, and he would like to get a tattoo, but he's just not sure what he would get.
                              he says one tat he knows he would love to commit too is when we have kids together, our kids names, which is super adorable

i have a butterfly on my shoulder blade, a lily on my lower side that i drew, a heart on my lower hip which my best friend and i have matching, a star swirl type thing ha on my wrist which my mom and i have matching, and "love never fails" on my foot.. which my SO went with me when i got it done we went on one of our monthly anniversaries, and it was so nice to have him with me when i got it done, and it meant a lot!

i'm so thankful my parents completely support tattoos, and like i said my mom and i have a matching one. she now has 2, and she wants another, i def got her addicted!

butterfly which was my first tattoo

tattoo with my mom

lily

heart

"love never fails" which is my most recent one
                              Last edited by amandamayaaa; April 15, 2011, 09:25 AM.
                              <3
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ashleecarol View Post
                                That is dedication right there. Not just for your SO but just getting ANY tattoo there in general. I like the concept, I just wouldn't want to have to pay all that money to have it constantly touched up. Is your lip super puffy afterwards? How long before you can eat/drink after getting something like that done?
                                My lip didn't swell at all but it was hard to stop running my tongue over the letters! We waited about five hours but the artist told us three would have been long enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X