No announcement yet.

Your opinion on tattoos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a blacklight (UV) tattoo or knows anyone who has one?? If you know someone that has one, do they like it and is it invisible (until under the blacklight) or does it scar? I really want to get one for a secret tattoo between me and my best friend that I have been friends with forevvvver. It'll only be a symbol we agree on. No names, no "BFFL" or crap like that.

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

Sebastian has 2 tattoos, one of them he had done in Malaysia, its the kanji for fire. He's a redhaired, so I think it fits him perfectly. The other one is a gecko he had tattoed last time he was in Guatemala, he actually wanted a mayan symbol, but when he saw that gecko (on a pipe we bought while backpacking through my country) he loved it! Both of them are on his right shoulder & i love them! I've always loved tattoos & I love that I was there the last time he had it done !

I'm 17 so I dont have any yet, but I'm planning on having 3 stars tattoed on my hip somewhen in the next weeks (before I visit him again!). I definetly want more, but I still have a long time to decide where & what. Oh & my parents won't know about the stars. They'd say no if I asked them, but I wouldn't ask them, I'm old enough to make my own decisions, plus once I have it done they can't do nothing about it. They actually like tattoos, but would never have any done. & I'm leaving home in 6 months, so they don't really have time to complain about it

Comment

Neither of us have any tattoos, and have o plans to get them in the future. However, if I did get one, it would probably be an eagle (my favorite animal) high enough on my arm to be fully covered by a shirt, no matter what.

My overall opinion on tattoos is this: if you can feel comfortable with it in ten, twenty and/or thirty years, then go ahead and do it. I won't judge you; the rest of the real world shouldn't either.

Which brings me to my other point on tattoos: tattoos in the workplace. It should not be a deal-breaker when interviewing people. Unless it's someplace that can't be easily covered up, it really isn't bothering anyone. Just leave them alone; they deserve a job as much as people who don't have them.
        National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

I don't have any, neither does my SO. He talks about wanting to get a tribal one on his upper arm and I'm defintely ok with that. I really have no opinion
          I might get one, maybe not. Just a very small one probably on my foot or shoulder.

I did however have a friend that got a tattoo when he was drunk. It was supposed to say, "With Jesus Christ who strenghtens me" but they spelt Christ and Strengthen wrong hahaha!!! He was so pissed when he came around.

Comment

How many of you have tattoos? How many and where? Does your SO like your tattoos? Do you have special ones dedicated to your SO?
            I have one tattoo that I got when I was a drunk teenager in the Army. My SO is pretty ambivalent toward it. It is what it is.

Does your SO have tattoos? How many and where? Do you love them? Is there any certain one you don't like due to location or what it is/its meaning?
            My SO has no tattoos. He's just not into them, and I'm glad he doesn't have any.

Just, over all, what is your opinion about tattoos! Preference of black/gray or color?
            Not a huge fan. As hypocritical as that may seem haha.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
            - A. A. Milne

Comment

Originally posted by nic&matt View Post
              I did however have a friend that got a tattoo when he was drunk. It was supposed to say, "With Jesus Christ who strenghtens me" but they spelt Christ and Strengthen wrong hahaha!!! He was so pissed when he came around.
              OMG! That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it's kinda funny lmao.

I don't have any tattoos but I've been wanting to get one for the longest time. I know I won't regret it because it's something that means a lot to me but I just don't know where to get it exactly.
              At first when I told him I wanted to get one he didn't want me to, but I think that now it doesn't bother him too much.

My SO doesn't have any either and he says he'll never get one and if he ever wanted to get one I wouldn't have a problem with it.. I mean it depends on what it is and where he wants to get it too.

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy.
              I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Comment

I have three, and may or may not get any more. My guy doesn't have any, and probably never will, which is OK with me since my ex-husband was pretty heavily tatted.
                Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Does anyone have a tattoo behind their ear? If not, do you know someone who has one? I am getting a small one there for me and my best friend that I've known forever. She is getting the same thing. She is moving away with her boyfriend to North Carolina soon due to the army So, we are getting a friendship blacklight tattoo behind our ears.

If you have one back there (or know someone who does), how would you/they rank the pain factor? I've read that it isn't as painful as one would think due to the lack of pain receptors back there.

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

I remember one night having a conversation about tattoos with my SO and I was surprised to find out he was so against them! I don't personally care if people have them, and I don't have any myself, I actually think they're nice

Comment

None yet, but Sol and I have planned on getting a whole bunch.

Comment

Neither my SO nor I have any tattoos. I don't think he'd be at all happy if I got one done (although I daresay his reaction could never be as severe as my mum's...), but I wouldn't mind either way if he did. I've always found other people's tattoos interesting; I like hearing the story behind the art!

Comment

I just got my first (and only) about two weeks ago. After nearly three years of long distance, my SO and I hit a rough patch and I felt like I needed something I could keep with me all the time to remind me of her. I ended up getting her initials and an infinity sign on the inside of my lip; that way no one can see it unless I explicitly show them, I can always feel it (with my tongue) as a reminder of how perfect things are when we're together and supposedly lip tattoos fade off after several months or a few years so it's slightly less permanent than others. I haven't regretted it for a second and she was very surprised and impressed that I actually did it.

Comment

I have four tattoos: A ruby slipper on each ankle, a leo and a scorpio intertwined on the back of my neck and a yellow rose on my hip. I intend on getting at least two more on my rips. They are truly addicting
                            "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

We both don't have any tattoos. I'd like the quote "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor", a cartoon'ish whale and a few shark teeth all on my hip but I highly doubt I'm ever going to be brave enough to get them. My SO doesn't want any. I love looking at tattoos and watching all the tattoo shows on TV (NY Ink, LA Ink), I think they're pretty awesome.

Comment

My SO doesn't have any. I wouldn't be against one or two, but I'm not a huge fan. He doesn't like pain, and doesn't seem to like the look of tattoos, so I don't think that's going to happen.
                                He's strongly against me getting any also.
                                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
                                X