Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure it's choosing one over another. I think for many people on here we don't have much of a choice in the matter and most people try to close the distance as soon as they possibly can. I'd choose a CDR, honestly, knowing how much it hurts when I have to leave him again at the end of a visit. I'd choose an LDR over not being with him at all, though.

Comment

i didnt really choose, i just fell in love with someone who lives in colorado.
      but i dont regret it, i hate the distance but i know its making our love stronger and us closer than a CDR ever could.

Comment

I would never choose an LDR, it just happened that way. It makes things more difficult that's for sure, but it challenges us to be positive and strong together through the hard times. Ben and I have gotten through SO MUCH through this distance, and it has only strengthened our relationship and our love for each other! And when we have the distance closed again (we were close distance the first 2 months of our relationship) then we will have so much more knowledge about being a strong happy couple!!

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
          I didn't choose it, it chose me.
          Well said.

Comment

Like everybody else, I didn't choose a relationship with over 8000 miles between us. I met a boy, made friends then later decided to date just like anyone else would, it just so happened that the boy lives on the opposite side of the world.

Comment

It definitely chose me, or rather, he chose me. We met in his country when I was studying abroad, and I definitely had a huge crush from the beginning. When I decided to approach him and talk to him, I didn't think there would be anything more out of it than friendship, I was convinced that he would never like me, plus, even if he did, no way in hell was LDR happening.

Sometime after I came back from China he decided to video call me up and ask me to be his girlfriend anyways. By then I...couldn't say no, really, even though it hurts like hell to be this far apart.

Comment

It just happened. I wasn't looking for a relationship and neither was my SO, but we met and knew early on that we wanted more from each other. None of the people around me ever caught my eye, so I knew that she was really special and I had to hold onto her. No matter the miles.

Comment

The distance wasn't really factored into why we got together. I would've been with him regardless of whether we lived in the same city or not at the time. I really don't believe in the whole "distance makes you grow closer" or "makes you focus more on personality than looks" thing. While they're not the most important thing, me being attracted to him factored a lot into why I ended up liking him so much. I'm not sleeping with someone I'm not attracted to. I'm not closer to him emotionally because of the distance either, I'm close to him because it's a good relationship. The only thing distance improved was that we got better at verbally expressing ourselves. I never wanted the distance, it was just a shitty circumstance I got myself into because I couldn't find someone nearby who made me feel as good Enrique. I know that's cynical, but that's the reason he got together with me too :P.

Comment

We fell in love close distance, so it was either break up of go long distance. I couldn't throw what we had away and neither could he. If I had a choice I would have stayed and not gone Long Distance at all

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
                      We fell in love close distance, so it was either break up of go long distance. I couldn't throw what we had away and neither could he. If I had a choice I would have stayed and not gone Long Distance at all
                      Agreed.
                      I didn't chose long distance, if anything I chose my boyfriend and he happens to live in another country. If we could close the distance, we'd obviously do it. As romantic as ldrs might seem and as much as I love travelling and 'living in two cities'.... I guess I don't have to explain how much ldrs suck.

I seriously doubt anyone wants to be in a long distance relationship.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

because i knew i loved her even when i first started talking to her, i knew she was the one, and even though i told myself i would never be in one yes its been hard, painful experiance but its been the best years of my life and i wouldnt trade it for anything

Comment

Ever since I was around 14 years old, my dream was to marry a Japanese guy and move to Japan...
                          Well, so I kinda knew that in order for my dream to come true, it probably included a LDR. Things just started earlier than I thought, didn't think I would run into a Japanese guy on one of my trips to Japan and get married already.
                          I've never had a CDR relationship before, to be honest. So we work with what we have and look forward to when we can close the distance.

Comment

I was skeptical being involved in this kind of relationship.
                            It's sort of not having a choice. Nobody around me seems interested. xD
                            I gave him a chance when he claimed distance doesn't matter at all. "We're under the same sky". I fell hard for that.
                            Didn't regret giving him a chance.

Comment

Like most of the posts, I didn't choose to be long distance. I was actually taking a break from being in any form of relationship when I met Chris. He was going through a breakup with his own 'girlfriend' (really, a fling since it didn't last even a month) and I was just there for him as emotional support and an ear. From there, we kind of just fell for each other. The distance does suck, but I think that it's kind of a test for us to see if we really have what to takes to really be together.
                              I'd never go looking for a relationship outside of my state; Luck just happens like that.

Comment

I didn't go looking for an LDR. It just happened that way. I was on vacation when I met him, and I didn't expect to find anyone. Then I met him, and I was a goner. I knew there was no one else I'd rather be with then him. Because he lives in England and I live in the US, we had no choice but to go into an LDR. I wouldn't trade him or it for anything.
                                "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                                Made it official: September 17, 2010
                                Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                                Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                                Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                                Got married: November 21, 2012
                                Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                                Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X