No announcement yet.

Would you relocate for true love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said the second one, but only because it's the closest to what I would be willing to do. Relocating would take a lot of work! When I graduate college, there's really only a few places I could go for GOOD jobs in Genetic Research (like San Francisco, which is fine for me since it's my hometown) and his job would take him specific places too (like NASA research centers)... so... compromise is DEFINITELY needed.
    Also, I wouldn't move unless we were headed towards engagement/marriage. I agree with whoever earlier said "it's too wishy-washy till that point"

So, it's not really certain locations, it's more like certain requirements. We both have big plans ahead for us, it's connecting them that will take the work.
    Every long lost dream led me to where you are
    Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
    Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
    This much I know is true...
    That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you

|First Met: 02/28/14|Exchanged Numbers: 03/07/14|First Date: 03/14/14|First Kiss: 03/21/14 |Became a couple: 04/05/14|

Comment

I went with option two because if I'm being completely honest, I know there are some countries I simply couldn't see myself living in, for various reasons. I think my SO would say the same.

Comment

I picked the second option. Its more that i'd move to the states to be with him. Even if we werent getting married i'd apply for the work visa and see how thing from there. I couldnt move to a country where i couldnt speak the language so that kind of limits me as i only know English, chinese and basic japanese and korean. Not enough to get by i dont think. Saying that i wouldn't want to move back to Hong Kong and i know my man wouldnt wanna live any where other than the states. Although he said he'll live in England if it meant we could be together sooner but he wouldnt want to settle in the uk. I guess it depends on how the visa works out. I wouldnt be able to move if i knew there were no job prospects. Im a nurse and he's a physiotherapist and both jobs are in demand to a certain extent. No matter how bad the economy people still need health care right?

We're planning on starting the visa process within the year so fingers crossed i'll be moving to California within a couple years. I am still worried about getting a job though. I've done quite a bit of research and i know there are states that are in dire need of nurses. We've spoken about it and if i cant get a job near where we live then i'll move away. It'll mean being LD again but at least we'll be in the same country xD Need to find out if thats ok with the visa though. Not living in the same household may cause problems.

Comment

Originally posted by ClipitsWings View Post
          Only saying certain locations XD cause i don't think i could survive some; not realistic ones, but hey, the north pole would suck >>
          haha! My reasoning exactly!

Comment

I did! Luckily it was to a place I already loved. I marked B though because there are definitely some areas I would be not so keen living in. I think I could handle anywhere for a year or two, but probably not more than that. I'm lucky I ended up where I did

Comment

Certain locations, yes. My happiness is important as well.
              My SO and I live in the US and I plan on moving back to him after undergrad. He lives near my hometown so I know the area and would be happy there, even if it's cold!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

For me, it would depend. Excluding being more in love with my area, being closer to my family/having more family, etc., if I do intend pursue a career in psychology, there are different requirements. In order to pursue psychology in Europe, or to even further my education in Europe, I would have to do a 1-2 year conversion course. My degree would not be applicable in California and Dublin. I'm pretty much tied to wherever I get my licensing. But I would move temporarily and am planning to. I simply don't think I could move permanently because of all that's tying me here.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

Yes, I would relocate to some locations. :P Even beforeI met my SO, I was planning on moving back to Ireland after the first day I walked down Shop Street in Galway. But then I met Stephen, and I think it must just be a sign from God saying I need to get my ass back to the Emerald Isle. :P My plan is to move there, permanently, as soon as I can after graduation--marriage, family, the whole works, and I want to base my career in Galway. Oh, the thoughts of that alone make me euphoric!!
                  "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

that's right "home is where the heart is", but still I would feel better if I live in a country I like... but yes, if it's true love and I'm going to marry my SO, yes!

Comment

I answered yes, location doesn't matter at all. I am very attached to my hometown, I love everything about this place, the people, the lifestyle, the land, I just love it! But I have to be open to moving, SO will be an airline pilot once we are married and we don't exactly live in the best place right now for pilots, we need to be closer to a big city. Hopefully Atlanta will be the furthest we have to move, but I will move anywhere as long as I am with him.

Comment

Yes! Even if the desert!
                        Peggy Sue * I will follow him

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
                          I been thinking about this more and more. For me this is hard and at first i thought i can't move, but now i think honestly if things were at this level then yes i would move. even if it meant away from family.... but... lol we would have to be married first
                          Exacly my thoughts!!

Comment

As of now...no I wouldn't move
                            Things happen for a reason especially when you never expected it

Comment

I said I would as long as it was to certain locations. This is because I have a small child so that changes things considerably. I would move within the US as long as my son is happy and doesn't have a lot of snow.

Comment

Working...
                              X