No announcement yet.

Promise rings :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That ring is so gorgeous. I love the heart!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mirhollinger View Post
      I got my SO a promise ring, ours are matching to the exact band. I feel bad because i took my gay friend out shopping with me and he told me to get my SO one that looks just like mine (and he helped me pick the girliest one, ofcourse because it matched mine).
      My guy got his ring today and he did say it was to girly.... but he loved it anyway and told me he will always wear it. It makes me happy, but i do wish that we had planned it a bit more to make it look like he had SOME say in what he had to wear hahaha.
      I know we havent been dating for long, but im sure we can make it to years just like most of the couples on here. You have to start from somewhere, right?
      do you have pictures of the rings? and how long are you two together?
      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I'm pretty set on getting my SO a promise ring for Christmas and as always I love to tease her. Any ways I can hint at it without giving it all away?

Comment

Yepyep, I bought us rings at the beginning of the summer (My Avatar picture). Both of them are exactly the same, size and everything, mine is a bit big, but his fits perfectly. My SO and I wear them every day, he barely ever takes his off!

Comment

Me and my guy have them too ours cost more but to me the ring is our love and how it never ends its in a circle. Its so cute i never take it off but he wears it sometimes but he got it too small and he doesnt really wear rings so he has to get used to it but ya. When everyone saw it they thought we engaged it was funny lol :-)

Comment

In about a couple of weeks or so, me and my SO will be exchanging poesy rings. From what I've read about them, they seem to be the more "European" version of a Promise Ring. It was very popular in the renaissance times to be exchange between lovers. It's a simple (usually gold) band with an inscription of of a "poesy" or poem inside. There's a great collection of the rings on display right now at the British Museum, they're very beautiful in a simple way.

We went a little modern an opted for 5mm titanium bands (Durable, but inexpensive) and we each have a different inscription in latin. Mine is "Amor Vinict Omnia" which means "Love conquers all"
              and my SO's is "si vis amari ama" which means "If you want to be loved, love."
              Every long lost dream led me to where you are
              Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
              Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
              This much I know is true...
              That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you

|First Met: 02/28/14|Exchanged Numbers: 03/07/14|First Date: 03/14/14|First Kiss: 03/21/14 |Became a couple: 04/05/14|

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbiejeanne View Post
                In about a couple of weeks or so, me and my SO will be exchanging poesy rings. From what I've read about them, they seem to be the more "European" version of a Promise Ring. It was very popular in the renaissance times to be exchange between lovers. It's a simple (usually gold) band with an inscription of of a "poesy" or poem inside. There's a great collection of the rings on display right now at the British Museum, they're very beautiful in a simple way.

We went a little modern an opted for 5mm titanium bands (Durable, but inexpensive) and we each have a different inscription in latin. Mine is "Amor Vinict Omnia" which means "Love conquers all"
                and my SO's is "si vis amari ama" which means "If you want to be loved, love."

wow, that idea is just beautiful! loved it. <3
                our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                  wow, that idea is just beautiful! loved it. <3

Thanks!
                  Every long lost dream led me to where you are
                  Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
                  Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
                  This much I know is true...
                  That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you

|First Met: 02/28/14|Exchanged Numbers: 03/07/14|First Date: 03/14/14|First Kiss: 03/21/14 |Became a couple: 04/05/14|

Comment

I am considering buying my beau a simple, stainless steel "One Day At A Time" poesy ring I've seen from him to wear on his first finger, and possibly engraving my special name for him on the inside. Less a promise ring, and more of an inspiration for him, if that makes sense.
                    But then I think maybe it's a little early to be buying rings, since it can be such a loaded piece of jewelry, symbolically, and maybe getting him a dog-tag or bracelet engraved with something similar would be more appropriate, at this point in time.

Comment

My promise ring came in the mail on Saturday! I'm so happy that it's finally here and I'll have it when I see my SO for Christmas break.
                      I'd post a picture but my cell phone died and that's my only camera.
                      This is what it is though: https://www.limogesjewelry.com/Custo...roductid=11679 - but not colored stones since I hate my birthstone. I used CZ instead.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                      Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                      Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                      Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                      Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Bump! I found a ring I'd love for my SO to get me. I subtly hinted about it on FB by posting the link to it on my best friend's page, telling her to look at the beautiful promise ring that I found and that I wanted it so badly. Hoping he saw it and takes the hint. It's the infinity symbol in math. I hate math so much, but I think the meaning is adorable and we're both nerds, so it's perfect for us.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8591292...jewelry%2Fring

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I think the idea of a promise ring is romantic and many people have posted lovely pictures, but my SO and I agree it's just not our style.

Comment

I've never been a fan of the idea of a pre-engagement ring. I get what it symbolizes and all, just not for me.

Finding myself.

Comment

Working...
                            X