No announcement yet.

why bother with an LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do it because he is very much worth it to me. I'm the kind of person that who is naturally indecisive, but when I've made a decision that's passed all my testing...it's THE decision. I will see this through as long as he wants me..and I suspect that he's made a similar decision about me. So that's that.

I've really never been able to get as close to someone as I am with my SO. Honestly, the guys that seem to be attracted to me are nothing like what I'm looking for (they've been seedy, to say the least..). My SO, has everything I wanted and things that I didn't know I needed. I think the internet saved my skin here. I very much doubt I would have met him otherwise. He brings this light back into my life that I thought I lost a long time ago. Long distance for a few years (looking at around 3 more) is a small price to pay. We have fun with each other, even though we're far apart a lot, so it's not all that bad. I crave him, but it makes being together that much sweeter.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Any relationship has it's highs and lows, close distance or long distance. When I first started out in my LDR I got the whole - why don't you just find someone local speech from everyone, but there's a reason, I wanted my boyfriend, not just anyone local.

For one, the friendship we have is amazing, and the connection between us is undeniable. In my 27 years I have never experienced a connection with anyone like I have with my boyfriend and I won't trade it for anything in the world. He makes it worth it. I know that the long distance is just temporary and that's ok if it's what I have to go through to be with the man of my dreams.

I'd rather fight like hell for the man I love than settle for just anyone just because they are close by. That's why I choose a long distance relationship.

Comment

Why do you bother with your relationship, if there are ups and downs?
        Because no matter how much I have to wade through on any given day, I know there's one girl who is guaranteed to make me smile.

Why do you bother with the LDR?
        Because as we're always wont to say on here, love knows no distance, it just knows who holds the key that will open your heart.
        National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

I think we bother because people all want to be together and society tell us that we need to pair up and be put into a category of single or taken. But I think we both with our LDRs because we found someone who understands us, and with the way the world is today, it is easier to communicate with out actually seeing eachother on a daily basis but still be able to talk everyday.

IDK. it is painful at times. But so is any relationship. Everything we do take work.
          Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Because he's one of 2 people (and the only male) on the planet that can legitimately handle my Borderline personality disorder. No matter how many times have have my bouts of the crazy, he always just lets it blow by him, and tries t o help me with it. He never gets mad at me for it, and he is always giving me positive encouragement.

Also, he is perfect for me in EVERY single aspect. And he thinks I'm beautiful! o.o

It is worth it.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
            -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
            \

Comment

Working...
            X