No announcement yet.

How often do you get to see your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boyfriend is from Australia and I'm from England, we met in August 2011 and more or less lived together until March 2012 when we had to go LD, considering the distance we are very lucky.
    I went over to see him in June for 2 months. He came here in October (10 days) and then again in December (3 weeks). Hopefully the next time will be roughly March/April (meet in America) and then I'll go over to Oz in June/ July during my University summer break.
    I suppose one of the perks of being at University is that we get such long summer breaks (winter in Oz) which is the most perfect temperature in Cairns!
    I'm in awe of stories I've read on here where couples go 6 months + without seeing each other. Me and my boyfriend mentioned about trying to widen the gap between when we see each other due to the amount of money we spend on flights but 3 and a half months was so long and hard for us, not sure we could handle much longer than that!

Stay strong and positive everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by leanne01 View Post
      My boyfriend is from Australia and I'm from England, we met in August 2011 and more or less lived together until March 2012 when we had to go LD, considering the distance we are very lucky.
      I went over to see him in June for 2 months. He came here in October (10 days) and then again in December (3 weeks). Hopefully the next time will be roughly March/April (meet in America) and then I'll go over to Oz in June/ July during my University summer break.
      I suppose one of the perks of being at University is that we get such long summer breaks (winter in Oz) which is the most perfect temperature in Cairns!
      I'm in awe of stories I've read on here where couples go 6 months + without seeing each other. Me and my boyfriend mentioned about trying to widen the gap between when we see each other due to the amount of money we spend on flights but 3 and a half months was so long and hard for us, not sure we could handle much longer than that!

Stay strong and positive everyone!
      We are the same countries in our LDR.. its not too common to find Aus to UK around here!

Funny how you say that 3 and a half months is very hard for you guys.. we are exactly the same, have always done trips close together as its important to us.. but hell pricey!!

its nice to see someone in similar circumstances that manage fairly regular visits as me and my SO do, so hello!
      Met Online: February 2009
      Feelings grew: January 2011
      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

We used to go a trip every 6 months or so...which was crazy long. But now she's moved closer so it's more like every couple months, depending on funds and my leave availability.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

We're meeting in march (that's 10 months after we started dating) and then we'll see each other every couple months (3 months out, 2 months in, 1 month out, 3 months in, ...)

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

not enough! :P, saw her November, now waiting to go back in May... arriving a day earlier as a surprise, tempted to go in April for a week as a surprise though! we'll see, but we don't intend to be apart longer than 3 months again. once may comes I'll be there 2 weeks, then 2 months and Ill go again in July, but her visa will be through by then so she will come home with me for 6 months, then go back to Thailand in January, 3 months and I visit in April, then 2 months and I visit again

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
            2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
            3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
            4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
            5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
            6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
            7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
            Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
            UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I went over for the first time in August, not able to go again til June, planning and another trip in October before hopefully closing the distance around March time

Comment

Hopefully I'll meet my SO for the first time in March (I will only be staying for a week) and we're making plans for him to visit me in the Summer (I don't know how long his stay will be...). But after that I don't know the next time I'll be able to meet him. It's so expensive...

Looking for the future...

First Meeting: March 20 2016
                Got separated: August 2016
                Reunion: July 2017
                Officially together: January 2018
                ... And many meetings later ...

Comment

Working...
                X