Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would (did) you want your fiance to go wedding dress shopping with you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I am home in Australia I try on dresses with my sisters and close friend because my fiancé is in Egypt, but this time I visit him we are going together.

Half the fun of getting married is the excitement and the planning, especially for us it symbolises the beginning of our life together.

When we go together next time I can try on dresses and get his opinions, and because I am trying on dresses in Australia and Egypt he will never know which one i end up choosing
    EGYPT's GOT TALENT

Comment

We have planned to do it together when I go visit in April now, we'll get our outfits/dresses together (they're going to be different to the norm, they will be a little traditional Thai) so should be fun!

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
      2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
      3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
      4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
      5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
      6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
      7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
      Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
      UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

When the time comes sometime in the future I won't even go dress shopping at all, I'll make my own dress, so I guess he will see it then. Both my mum and my grandmother made their dresses, and my SO's mum's dress was made by her MIL so I guess it's a bit of a tradition. Besides, I really enjoy sewing and all that so it would be a nice break from the rest of the stress with planning a wedding, it will most likely fit a budget better and I can get any style I want, and I can ensure that it will fit perfectly.
        We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

When the time comes for me, I would not want my fiance to go dress shopping with me. I would like to keep with tradition and have him be surprised when he sees it. I would also not want a large entourage with me when I'm looking, that just creates problems so the less people the better! It will probably just be my Mom, my Dad if he wants to come, and maybe future in-laws if they want to come. I'd be fine with just my Mom and I looking though.
          Our love story:
          Attended the same high school 2004-2007
          Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
          Reconnected: August 2012
          Began dating LD: November 2012
          Engaged! March 2014
          Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

No. But then I don't really shop with my so (or my husband) much anyway, actually I hardly even shop for clothes with friends or my sisters because I know what I like and how to find it fast! And it is fun to be a bit mystical about clothes. I will probably ask for his opinions in a very general way, but I know he will not want to make that kind of decition with/for me.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I'm not huge on tradition at all, but I think he'd appreciate the surprise. This is going to sound awful... but I would like to see him shed at least one tear of joy. I feel like the added surprise of the wedding dress would help my chances.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianGirl View Post
                This is going to sound awful... but I would like to see him shed at least one tear of joy. I feel like the added surprise of the wedding dress would help my chances.
                Hahaha I want that too!
                EGYPT's GOT TALENT

Comment

He won't see it till the day of I guess I'm old school and just want him to see it that day and be surprised

Comment

When I get engaged (very far down the line) I don't want my fiance to go with me dress shopping, I figure while i'm dress shopping he can go tux shopping or fishing or drinking beer or whatever guys do lol

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Nah, I wouldn't want him there. I don't think he really cares about it, he generally doesn't care about clothes or things like that at all and I don't think it will change in this case. Then again I don't know if I'd even get a fancy dress. No idea, we'll see

Comment

Working...
                      X