What will your wedding be like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will your wedding be like?

Someone else suggested it, and I was just floating around uselessly... so let's hear it! What will your wedding be like?
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

I don't know anymore. I wanted it in a forest with huge trees at night in autumn with lots of white paper lanterns and white Christmas lights and he was like, "Cool! Whatever you want!" and nooow he's like, "I think it should be in an old awesome church and definitely not at night and not in the fall." Huaaaaah! >:O lol That was my vision! Come on.

Comment

>.> Night weddings are full of awesome. and the lanterns and fairy lights would be uber pretty. Maybe there's a place like that near an awesome church?

Comment

I want a classic wedding In a church with both families.
        But right now Ryan wants to go on a vacation somewhere in the world and get married (just the 2 of us) come home and have a reception.

Comment

I'm Wiccan, so I want a pagan-style wedding, but nothing too over the top that would freak out Obi's very Christian family members. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.
          But, I deffinantly do want to be properly handfasted with ritual cords/ribbons, and I want to jump the fire with him (literally) so I'll need to be mindful of that when buying my dress :O hehe

I'm not sure of the time of year or setting yet. I just know it's most likely to be in Canada some place.

Comment

I don't want anything traditional. I want some metal bands playing at a gig in an awesome bar somewhere... and then between bands we can get up on the stage, say the required stuff (no forever vows for me - I don't like marriage as it is! haha. We'd just be doing it for the legal reasons I imagine, next of kin etc), sign the papers. Then another band can come on and we'll headbang for a while and then the BBQ out the back will fire up and everyone can have a feast of steak and sausages and salad and beer!

Comment

My sweetheart and I are agreed we want it outdoors, and we will be having a handfasting for our wedding. It means our hands will be bound together with cords, and we make a promise to bind our souls together forever. It's a very meaningful and sacred tradition, and I can't wait.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                I'm Wiccan, so I want a pagan-style wedding, but nothing too over the top that would freak out Obi's very Christian family members. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.
                But, I deffinantly do want to be properly handfasted with ritual cords/ribbons, and I want to jump the fire with him (literally) so I'll need to be mindful of that when buying my dress :O hehe

I'm not sure of the time of year or setting yet. I just know it's most likely to be in Canada some place.
                It's pretty easy to do a low-key handfasting that won't freak out the thin-skinned among his family. If you want some resources, I've got some with sample wording you might be interested in looking over? PM me if I can help. ^^

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I like your ideas, Zephii. X3

And I like your feast idea, Molly. XD It makes me think of the Snickers commercial. . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOfibMWr8uY The first part where he's picking people up and screaming, "FEEEAST!!"

Comment

I wanna have it on a beach with not too many people (in the end it will end up bein hundreds cause I couldnt take not inviting everyone).
                    I also want it to be in Croatia, the country I was born in.
                    When it comes to music I want everythin mixed up, basically all the stuff I listen to, maybe no screemo things but yea >__>
                    My SO and I made a deal that when I walk down the aisle I can have the song "The Path" by HIM and he than wanted "All I want is you" from U2 to be our first dance's song.
                    The Decoration should be kept in the colours red, white and blue. Why? Cause those are the colours of the American flag and the Croatian
                    I really want everyone to see that basically two people from different countries have found their way together. I love the multiculturalness and so my wedding wont be gettin away from it haha
                    Also I want some symbol that shows that there was a distance between us. Like usually couples let white pigeons fly but Im not really into that, too mainstream haha so yea I'll have to think about that
                    But yes in general I wanna keep it american/croatian. Like with food, traditions and so on.

Comment

I haven't really given it much thought...mostly because the thought of being the center of attention and having to PLAN all of it makes me want to run for the hills and never return. It terrifies me, especially the center of attention part. I didn't even like having birthday parties growing up.

Ideally, I'd love to run off somewhere with BF, but as he wants an actual all our family and friends there wedding...yeah.

We were toying with the idea of having it in Las Vegas, but I figure if he's going to make me have an actual wedding (and make me plan all of it...yikes), we're having it in Virginia.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

I'm just planning to go to court and do all the paperwork, I don't want a big fussy wedding. Okay, well maybe I do, but the money won't allow it and I just want to be married to him

Comment

Our wedding's gonna be perfect since I'll be marrying the man of my dreams

I don't want a church wedding, I want it to be outside (preferably at home) in the summer under a rose bow with just our closest family and friends there. We can make that happen too since I have a big yard and I've already sort of planned placements for everything (I don't think Andy knows about it yet ) and at least in my head it all looks perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post

I'm a Pagan too and I would like to have a pagan-style hand fasting. I have talked it over with my Valkyrie and she loves the idea! Which is great of course. But we are also considering of having two ceremonies, one in Canada and one in Malaysia. As for the one in Malaysia, my SO would like to a Chinese Tea Ceremony which I think will be really cool!
                            We are probably going to have it in the spring or summer outdoors somewhere in Canada; we will still need to talk about this when we meet. So yeah, there is still a lot of things to cover.
                            "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
                            "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
                            "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

I really want a traditional Italian wedding...but with a little less people and such xD
                              This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

Working...
                              X