No announcement yet.

What will your wedding be like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to climb to the summit of a mountain in Scotland and say our vows with a stunning panorama of hills and glens spread out before us... we both are very into climbing & mountain hiking- that's how we met, and on our first real-life "date" we did a mountain together! BUT, we've set a wedding date in February, and it would be *%$* COLD on a mountain summit in winter!! I can just see us, shivering through our vows beneath layer upon layer of clothing with just our eyes peeking out, taking off the gloves just long enough to get the rings on, LOL.

So we're doing a low-key ceremony at a hotel in his hometown, with 20 people at the most. He'll be wearing a kilt, I can't wait to see him in it!!!
    We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Comment

I just found the place I will be married at. Me and my kids went riding up the canyon, cause the leaves are chaning...and its soooooo pretty! I decided to venture out to a place I never had been before, on Mark's mountain...side story, there is a mountain that overlooks where I live and we have dubbed it "mark's mountain" cause it is in the east and mark is east of me, so we say that the mountain is the only thing that is seperating us, and this mountain has a lot of symbolic things in our relationship...anyway, this place is on the backside of his mountain.

It is sooo pretty! I want to marry in the fall..and there is this park place with a pavillion, and then open grass, and the backdrop is the mountain and the fall leaves. I took a lot of pictures of it and Mark agrees, it is the place. I can't wait! <3 it will have to be next year though..fall is upon us now and mark isn't here! We have always talked about getting married on his mountain, but up until yesterday it wasnt feasible cause there was no place for it..now there is. I am soooo excited!

I will have orange and brown as my colors...and everything will be fall. I even have the perfect wedding cake picked out. Ya I am a dreamer! I forgot to say that I will walk down the isle to the song "never saw blue" and my kids..both boys..will be giving me away to Mark. It will be amazing!
      Last edited by agentholli; September 13, 2010, 10:06 PM. Reason: dang it..idk how to make my image work!

Comment

Agentholli- Wow, that sounds fantastic!!! Even more so that the mountain is symbolic in your relationship.
        The logistics are against my two boys being able to travel to the UK for our wedding... it's too bad, as I'd love to have them there to give me away!!
        We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Comment

Originally posted by michy View Post
          Agentholli- Wow, that sounds fantastic!!! Even more so that the mountain is symbolic in your relationship.
          The logistics are against my two boys being able to travel to the UK for our wedding... it's too bad, as I'd love to have them there to give me away!!
          Thanks!! That is too bad they can't be there

Comment

Were getting married in a Castle in Scotland, Winter wedding too, lets hope it snows!!

Comment

My dream is to get married on a meadow with a lake in the backround under a gate, built out of white flowers...all under the sky, no roof, no tents...and the guests are sitting in white chairs...I have a picture of how I imagine my dream wedding

Comment

I'm getting married in the church I've been attending while I've lived in/visited Washington. It's only about three minutes away from my house, which will make it super convenient the day-of because we're having a morning wedding. Even though the church just added on a new large sanctuary, my SO has a preference for the original chapel because it has more of an older, classic feel. We'll probably have 50 to 75-ish people attend, so it will be on the smaller side, which works well for my SO and I. I'm having my younger sister as my MOH and my SO's sister and my best friend from college as bridesmaids.
                My heart belongs to a pilot!
                ~*~
                ~*~
                [/center]

Comment

I'm a bit of a medieval freak.... so my dream is a medieval wedding
                  A church wedding with lit candles, a chanting choir in stead of an organ, heather decorations, original, medieval vows and all guests in proper 13th century clothes..
                  Nooooo tacky costumes or velvet-y fabrics!
                  No white dress for me, but one true to the time period, probably blue, autumn red or leafy green... With my hair loose, a thin veil over it, and a wreath of flowers.
                  My husband-to-be could be in a tunic, chain mail, boots.. but not armed inside the church
                  An open horse carriage ride from the church to a following fun, laid-back, LOUD reception held in open medieval tents with wooden tables, benches, timely table settings and menu e.g. roasted pork/boar over open fire, cheeses, fresh fruit, fish, stews, bread, wine... and mead, plenty of mead^^

And entertainment! LOTS of medieval tunes, folk songs, chain-dancing and sword fighting.. maybe even hired, awesome entertainers setting a lively mood, a fire juggler and a "court jester" to entertain the kids....
                  And someone would definitely end up in the stocks :P

I'm all about the fun!
                  - buuuuuut.... that would be QUITE expensive

I've had other thoughts as well.. but it would just be so fun to try!! Would definitely be a day to remember!
                  My worst nightmare would be an all-white, serious wedding where guests would be sitting, all quiet and awkward, afraid to say something wrong, spill or break something...

Comment

Wow. I could so totally picture that medieval wedding. Very awesome.
                    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii
                      Wow. I could so totally picture that medieval wedding. Very awesome.
                      It's pretty vivid for me too

Yours sounds exciting! Some time I'd love to attend a wedding out of the ordinary.. and for me, a wiccan hand fasting with the couple jumping over fire is definitely under that category!

Comment

It's still years off, but I want my wedding to be here in Lexington at a mansion called The Bell House. In the fall would be perfect. With just friends and family. Orange and yellow and red as the colors. At dusk. Perfect.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                        - A. A. Milne

Comment

My wedding will be on the Carnival Freedom where my SO and I met. I want a big beautiful dress with a cathedral length train and veil. I just want our family and a small group of friends. We'll release doves off the deck, the colors will be plum and silver or red and white... I haven't decided that. It will be a nondenominational Christian ceremony because he is Catholic and I am not.

Comment

Tabitha: I love this idea, it's such a gorgeous house and tthe dress is pretty too. But the cake would be too small for me

I would love to have a dress, sorta like this one:

I like plain white dresses that are super long in the back, because I'm dreaming of a little girl carrying it, so it doesn't touch the floor
                            And I really want a huuuuge wedding cake, that's also not as common as all the other cakes. Maybe even something funny I don't know...But I also still have a lot of time to decide

Oh and I'm not quite sure, where (I mean, what country) to get married, because I really want all of my American friends so come but there is too much family and friends in Germany to fly over..That's why I'm kinda thinking about a wedding in Germany, but I really don't know yet....

Comment

Tabitha, I love that cake!!
                              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I want a very classical wedding. It will be in a big Catholic church (as both of our grandmother would freak out if it wasn't) and the reception afterwards will be very fun and upbeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X