No announcement yet.

What will your wedding be like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expect invites to all these fancy weddings btw!

I'm toying with the idea of a winter wedding out in the snow... but I hate the cold >.>... but it'd be so pretty.... but cold...
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

this is so sweet >w<

I just want something very simple... at one point I thought it'd be awesome to find a place that was on the border between US and Canada and have the wedding there but...*shrugs* I just want something simple. Would have to be in Canada as Alex won't move to the US. but we'd have to do it between late spring and early fall so that my family and friends won't freeze to death when they attend ^^;

Comment

Omigosh, a winter wedding would be soo beautiful. And I'd definitely invite you. XD

Comment

If my SO had his way, we'd probably just elope-- he hates planning things. But I bet we'll end up with 2 ceremonies, one in england, one in america....

Its always been my dream since I was a kid to get married here:

Fountains Abbey, 30 mins from were I live in England, so pretty in summer, with a few people, I would probably faint if I had to say my vows in front of too many people, and have a huge party afterward =) The photos would be so beautiful in the grounds =) but I get the feeling his family is easily offended so we'd have to marry there too for them =/ dunno where I would want it in America, definitely not Toledo, for fear of someone getting shot or something....

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I really don't want anything too big for my wedding. Like squiddie, I also can't stand having all the attention on me. :/ So I think I'll just throw a private little party at my cottage with just close friends and family. I think it would be fun just to have a big barbeque and have a big bonfire and party.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
              Our wedding's gonna be perfect since I'll be marrying the man of my dreams

I don't want a church wedding, I want it to be outside (preferably at home) in the summer under a rose bow with just our closest family and friends there. We can make that happen too since I have a big yard and I've already sort of planned placements for everything (I don't think Andy knows about it yet ) and at least in my head it all looks perfect!

I certainly didn't

I really don't know too much about what I want from our wedding right now, it seems too far ahead (that's a typical planning thinking man's statement right there )

I know it's more of a girly thing to dream about the perfect wedding day but I know I'll have more solid ideas and opinions about our big day as we get closer to it. I can't wait to see her in that wedding dress
              In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
              Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
              Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
              My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
                dunno where I would want it in America, definitely not Toledo, for fear of someone getting shot or something....
                Don't hate on Toledo! (I'm assuming you mean Ohio?) A good chunk of my family lives there and I've never heard anything about people being shot.

I'm sure you'll be able to work out the American side of things. Everywhere's got nice places and sketchy places.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Originally posted by squiddie View Post
                  Don't hate on Toledo! (I'm assuming you mean Ohio?) A good chunk of my family lives there and I've never heard anything about people being shot.

I'm sure you'll be able to work out the American side of things. Everywhere's got nice places and sketchy places.
                  haha it's just a joke me and my SO have, my dad was offering to give us money for a deposit on the house, and we both said if we got one in Toledo we'd have to bullet-proof it... I suppose it didn't help there was 2 separate shootings near where I lived just before I went, so it was all over the news when I got there, and just before I left I remember my SO coming back from the gym early to check on me because there was a serial killer on the loose... think he's been caught now though. I know every town has good and bad areas of course, there are beautiful places in Toledo, I'm just used to living next to the ghetto by the university

I was thinking actually the Smokies might be good for a small wedding, there were some cute little churches tucked away in the mountains, we both love mountains, when we went to Gatlinburg in the summer, but I;d have to get over the fact I reeeeeally don't want to marry in a church.... we'll figure it out when it comes to it

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                  <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                  The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                  <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                  <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                  Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                  Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I want to get married in Red Butte Gardens here in Utah.

I want to have a circular ceremony set up in the early evening. The picture I got the idea from is in a magazine and I can't find it online right this moment. But me and my SO and whoever performs the marriage will be in the middle with chairs all around us. Lanterns hanging from the trees above us. Very relaxed.

I want our colors to be orange and green.

That's some of the basic ideas...
                    First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                      I'm Wiccan, so I want a pagan-style wedding, but nothing too over the top that would freak out Obi's very Christian family members. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.
                      But, I deffinantly do want to be properly handfasted with ritual cords/ribbons, and I want to jump the fire with him (literally) so I'll need to be mindful of that when buying my dress :O hehe

I'm not sure of the time of year or setting yet. I just know it's most likely to be in Canada some place.
                      I'm Wiccan as well. (:
                      Me and my SO aren't to a solid wedding planning place yet, but yours actually sounds quite similar to the basic plans for mine, except I'm lucky enough to have a very open minded nonreligious SO, who is up for anything in that retrospect.

Comment

I always tought my wedding was going to be one way, and I did it completely different. I wanted 150 people, in a beautiful hall, lots of tulips, big dress, the whole princess things. But when the time came, what we really did what a small 50 persons wedding at the beach where we got engaged. We actually didn't spend much money on it, and we had a lot of fun, it was beautiful and wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio View Post
                          But when the time came, what we really did what a small 50 persons wedding at the beach where we got engaged. We actually didn't spend much money on it, and we had a lot of fun, it was beautiful and wonderful.
                          That's exactly how I would want my wedding! Nothing fancy, just a classic small family wedding by the ocean.
                          First date: 12.27.09
                          Started the distance: 6.10.10
                          Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

I don't know how my wedding would be like, but as long as me and Jose are married, that's all that matters

Comment

I want a traditional church wedding with only our relatives and closest friends there. For colors I want sapphire blue, black, and silver. I plan on spending more on alcohol than on my dress. I want the reception to be low key but the ceremony to be traditional.

Comment

I'm not sure how i would like my wedding to be but i all i know i want my wedding to be maybe outside(maybe on the beach ) and small (like like really small).

Comment

Working...
                                X