No announcement yet.

What will your wedding be like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@nicole - You ideas sound so awesome and so fun! Love them!

Comment

For the past year and a half, I have been set on having a mobster/mafia themed wedding. I've always wanted to have a theme wedding and I could never figure out what I really would like, so I started to think about what kind of things I like, and I realized that I'm a sucker for The Godfather, Good Fella's, Donnie Brasco, etc. I love mob movies! So, then I started thinking about how you would make it a mafia themed wedding. I decided that the bridesmaid dresses will be red halter dresses, and in each of their hair, they will have feathers, or if I'm really daring, flapper dresses. Of course, the men, will wear black zoot suits and fedora's but Andrew in a white zoot suit and white fedora. I think it would be really cool for all of the men to have little fake Al Capone style automatic guns. The color theme would be red white and black, and the reception hall would be decorated as a jazz bar from the 20's.

The food, obviously Italian! The only thing that will not follow the theme is that I want to somehow incorporate the little mini bottles of liquor into the favors. Particularly, Belvedere vodka. I just think that would be neat since that's his last name.

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

Me and my SO are on a tight budget - but it'll still be amazing
        We have decided to get married in my local church, then have a marquee in my back garden (i have a pretty big back garden) which has chanderlier lighting, carpet, glass panels, tables and chairs, its the works! We want it to be personal and memorable and very special but on a budget We're not really having a theme, its more just colour scheme, which is still undecided but its going to be summer-y colours Just hope we can get everything cheap! lol

Comment

Ha. Realistically, with our budget and the fact it'll be a bit shotgun because we're an international couple - probably in New York city hall with all of four witnesses. Neither of us really considered marriage until we met one another, and I dunno, maybe I'm nuts, but I think the idea of such an intimate little ceremony is sweet. I also like the idea of eloping and getting hitched someplace random.

Comment

My IDEAL wedding:
            If my SO and I get married in Canada, I want to get married at the church that my family built in Ottawa when they came over from Ireland

I'd like to have my reception at the Chateau Laurier:

I want white flowers with teal ribbons, and I want a gorgeous white dress with some tasteful teal somewhere on it... I kind of like teal, hahaha.
            I would love to have my favourite meal served at the wedding, it's gnocchi with browned butter, spinach and bacon, but only I know how to make it, so that'd be tricky! But I'd settle for lobster

Realistically, I'd love to get married at either the church above, or a waterfront venue in my hometown, with the reception at the same waterfront venue. I want to have an open bar, and rainbow cheesecake instead of wedding cake. Loic and I aren't massive fans of cake!! I would still love to have the white flowers with teal ribbons, and the white and teal dress. And for food, I'd like sablefish

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
            Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

what I would love and what I can afford- 2 different things! I could spend the $$$ and have the wedding of my dreams. but that would mean that I wouldn't have a down payment on a home. when I get engaged I will research into planning a wedding on a very small budget.

Comment

Working...
              X