Engagement rings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarah96 View Post
    I know it's probably a little too soon for me to be thinking about this but SO and I have already had plenty of conversations about the future, including engagement and rings. I'm in that group of people that don't want a ring. Yes, I said I don't want a ring. I think I would prefer that money be spent on something different, like our wedding or something useful for the both of us, like going towards our first house together or something along those lines. I'm more interested in a special wedding ring than I am an engagement ring. Partly, I'm not a jewelry person and I am too worried that I would possibly lose it, so I've made my boyfriend promise to never buy me an engagement ring and instead do something special with that money.
    I'm with you! I didn't particularly want a ring either! I agreed to let him pick one out because it was important to him, but I made it clear that I didn't want anything over 1K and no diamond center stone. We're getting married and trying to get me moved to him and rent a house so I wanted our money to go towards those! :-D

Comment

Ooo...This is such a bad thread for me to be in. >.< I've grown very fond of the designer Verragio. I pretty much love all of their settings made for a Round Brilliant diamond.

If he were to propose, I would love a ring from them. I would prefer not to have one from somewhere that's from a department store or chain store after everything I've learned about diamonds (so far. I love diamonds.). Plus, I feel like the mom and pop jewelry stores give you the best deals/honesty. Lol. Plus, they're better at offering certificates with the diamonds. Anyways, some of the rings that I like...

These are some of my favorites. I have a whole album on my laptop full of the rings I love. I pretty much love any of those swirl type designs, I love Halo settings, Pavé settings, 3-stone settings, and solitaires. I have issues.

Comment

I just realized I never posted mine. I don't think it counts as a proper engagement ring because it was bought after we got married as I had lost the previous one (in the sea, yes I am a moron) and now I just use it to keep my wedding ring in place because it's slightly tighter. But here it goes Excuse the dryness of my hands.

I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Ahh this is such a fun post! My girlfriend and I have talked about the kinds of rings we like, we both really like Opals so we've talked about us both having opal engagement rings, and we both really love Rose Gold so I think that's what I'd like, and what I'd like to get for her.
          Met Online: January 2014
          Started Dating: March 18th 2014
          First Meeting: 24/05/2014 - 06/06/2014
          Second Meeting: Planning for 06/09/2014

Comment

Originally posted by LottieLove View Post
            Ahh this is such a fun post! My girlfriend and I have talked about the kinds of rings we like, we both really like Opals so we've talked about us both having opal engagement rings, and we both really love Rose Gold so I think that's what I'd like, and what I'd like to get for her.
            Every time I see you post, it makes me happy because I see your picture and then it makes me want to watch Harry Potter. Lmao.

I've never brought up what kind of rings I like with my boyfriend. :X We're still dipping our toes in talking about marriage.

Comment

The subject has been coming more and more for us. We had really wanted to go to a Olive Oil tasting in Solta but ran out of time and it was too much money. Anyhoo, I sent him a Skype that someday I wanted to go there for our honeymoon and later in the day he said he could just see me in a wedding dress in the olive grove. I would love to have rings that symbolized that in some way. They don't have to be expensive big rocks just pretty rings to wear on our fingers as a symbol of our love and commitment to one another.
              "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
                Ooo...This is such a bad thread for me to be in. >.< I've grown very fond of the designer Verragio. I pretty much love all of their settings made for a Round Brilliant diamond.

If he were to propose, I would love a ring from them. I would prefer not to have one from somewhere that's from a department store or chain store after everything I've learned about diamonds (so far. I love diamonds.). Plus, I feel like the mom and pop jewelry stores give you the best deals/honesty. Lol. Plus, they're better at offering certificates with the diamonds. Anyways, some of the rings that I like...

These are some of my favorites. I have a whole album on my laptop full of the rings I love. I pretty much love any of those swirl type designs, I love Halo settings, Pavé settings, 3-stone settings, and solitaires. I have issues.
                Omg these are soooo beautiful!

My bestie and I were actually randomly looking up engagement rings out of boredom because I honestly never thought exactly what kind of ring I would like since I'm not a big jewelry person (I barely got used to wearing my university ring just recently). So when we were looking around, it was definitely overwhelming with all the 'options' there are. I definitely pity men for having to go through all that.

But you definitely have good taste and seem in the know =D

Met online: 04.19.14
                Became a couple: 04.23.14
                First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
                Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
                Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
                Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
                CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle View Post
                  Omg these are soooo beautiful!

My bestie and I were actually randomly looking up engagement rings out of boredom because I honestly never thought exactly what kind of ring I would like since I'm not a big jewelry person (I barely got used to wearing my university ring just recently). So when we were looking around, it was definitely overwhelming with all the 'options' there are. I definitely pity men for having to go through all that.

But you definitely have good taste and seem in the know =D
                  I'm like obsessed with diamonds. Lmao. Just like you, it started years ago when me and my best friend were bored and started looking at rings. -_- I've researched them and found out what's important in a diamond and what's not. What's good quality and what isn't. That's why I would never want a ring from a Dept. store or chain store like Kay or Zales. Not that they aren't beautiful, but you overpay for the quality of diamonds that they have. One of the ladies that works there, when I had bought just a promise ring with my ex, told me that they buy industrial diamonds for most of their rings and they're only worth like $20 a piece. Those little tiny diamonds. The quality of their diamonds for their engagement rings aren't that great either, and I feel like people overpay for them at these places. You're really better off going to a mom & pop store or a diamond district.

My brother got a 1 ct. Princess diamond center stone, great cut, great clarity (VVS2), and great color (I believe it's either 'E' or 'F', which is near colorless) for around $6k. If you tried to get that at a dept. store or some place like Zales, you'd be paying wayyyyyyyyyyy more than that. Plus, his diamond is certified by the GIA (extremely important). He got it in the City's diamond district (which to me, is NYC because I live really close to there and practically grew up there).

I always hope that I can share this knowledge with my boyfriend, if the time ever comes, just so he doesn't get ripped off. But, I have no idea how to bring it up to him. Plus, I don't want to seem like I'm pressuring him or rushing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                    The subject has been coming more and more for us. We had really wanted to go to a Olive Oil tasting in Solta but ran out of time and it was too much money. Anyhoo, I sent him a Skype that someday I wanted to go there for our honeymoon and later in the day he said he could just see me in a wedding dress in the olive grove. I would love to have rings that symbolized that in some way. They don't have to be expensive big rocks just pretty rings to wear on our fingers as a symbol of our love and commitment to one another.
                    That would be adorable. Good olive oils taste so goooooodddd. I love dipping bread in them. Mmm.

Comment

The ring set I ordered for my SO this week!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                      Married April 18th, 2015!!
                      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

You've got good taste Mims, she's a lucky lady!
                        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Love it, Mims! Mine is a similar style! Great taste.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

So beautiful, Mims! Congrats!

Comment

I'm not going to be getting engaged any time soon, but my SO and I were watching TV together once and there was a proposal, so we started talking about that stuff and when the time comes for that. I showed him the ring I want.

It's a morganite stone with white sapphire accents and it is in rose gold!!! I absolutely fell in love with it.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by loveknowsnodistance27 View Post
                                I'm not going to be getting engaged any time soon, but my SO and I were watching TV together once and there was a proposal, so we started talking about that stuff and when the time comes for that. I showed him the ring I want.

It's a morganite stone with white sapphire accents and it is in rose gold!!! I absolutely fell in love with it.
                                That is so pretty! Rose gold is beautiful

Comment

Working...
                                X