No announcement yet.

Engagement rings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never wanted a stone in an engagement ring, I just never liked stones to start with. I want something simple and in yellow gold, possibly two-coloured... Whenever the time comes I'd also like to go with the traditions here and have a matching engagement band for my SO...

Just love the simplicity... Still, the second one would be a bit too wide for me. I'd be fine with a bit wider rings if they had two colours, but I'd like a thin band if it'd be just one colour
    We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

I always wanted something thin, gold or silver with a real stone. That's all.
      And I got a gold ring with 3! diamonds, real diamonds.

Here's the ring I got

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by chizatlauren View Post
        Here's what I want (and what i'm showing my SO subtly hehehe )

I've always wanted blue sapphire with diamond/s on a white gold or rose gold. I'm not a fan of yellow gold.

wow, this is incredibly odd to me to see you post the EXACT same picture I posted as the engagement ring that I wanted AND in the very same thread, it was my first ever LFAD post infact!

I posted the picture so long ago that the photo link is now broken and doesn't work anymore... but I have quoted my post below -

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
        well, this is my first post on here! I love this website and only just decided to browse the forum because my regular LDR forum won't load... ANYWAY. I could NOT get past this thread! love seeing what people want!

I already know exactly what I want.. which might make it easier or harder for my guy, not sure lol.
        We have discussed it and he likes the ring I want. it is so incredibly pretty and blue is his favourite colour too! I love sapphires

hope the picture isn't too big!

I'm in love with it, the symmetry of it is gorgeous. I've also talked with my guy about just having the engagement ring and me not wearing a wedding band, I wouldn't want to distract from such a ring, so he would put the engagement ring on my finger as my wedding ring during the ceremony. I'm very lucky that my guy is understanding that I already know what i want. I also wanted to be honest with him in advance before he went out to get a ring because it would be awful if he got something without knowing I had my heart set on something already.

I definitely want him to buy it on his own without me knowing and surprise me with the proposal though. I'm also not set on a price, I've suggested to him to take the picture to a jeweller and have them make it from lower clarity diamonds on the side, or having 3 small diamonds on each side to lower the costs. I don't want him to spend a huge amount
        it'll be very special to get the ring I have imagined as my engagement ring from him

He did end up getting me the ring almost the exact ring! (except mine has 4 prongs holding each side diamond, apparently it's more secure) it is amazing and I fall in love with it all over again, daily. We have since gotten married and I do actually wear a wedding band with it - a 2mm plain white gold band, I love the look with the band, very 'married'.

For some reason I can't add an image at the moment but Chizatlauren, if you're interested in seeing my ring just let me know and I'll upload a photo later

Just super crazy you want the same ring as me!
        Met Online: February 2009
        Feelings grew: January 2011
        First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
        Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
        Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
        Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
        Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
        Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
        Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
        Engaged: 1st of July 2012
        Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
        Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
        Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
        Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
        Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
        Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Oh, Lord, I hope my SO doesn't read this (or maybe I should hope that he does?) I'm fairly confident he'll pick out something I like either way. If he does, that is. I don't even know if he'll get me an engagement ring at all (though it's likely) because we'll likely be living in Germany by that point and it's not really done here.

That said, I wouldn't want to wear anything fancy. A simple white gold (or any metal of that color) band with a single small diamond (or three) or whatever clear-colored gemstone he could get. I don't care if it's artificial (in fact, if that means it's more ethical, that would actually be pretty neat) or mossanite or cubic zirconia or whatever. Or vintage! I like vintage stuff, actually, things with a history to them. And I really like the first ring in the first post, actually. As long as it's not square (I hate acute angles), I'm good with any cut, too. Basically, I just want to marry the guy, so it doesn't matter if I get to wear an engagement ring or an engagement wool cap or nothing but the promise that we'll marry each other eventually
          Last edited by Anoulie; November 19, 2013, 10:29 AM.
          first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
          second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

Here's what I want (and what i'm showing my SO subtly hehehe )

I've always wanted blue sapphire with diamond/s on a white gold or rose gold. I'm not a fan of yellow gold.

I love sapphires and I love 3-stone rings Mine is a diamond with 2 sapphires on either side; the sapphires make the diamond shine blue in some lights- so pretty!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Here's mine:

Except now I have the band that goes with it! I'm too impatient. Hopefully our wedding photographer got some good shots of the set.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Think I shared this picture before. These are ours.

I used my "engagement" ring as my wedding ring as well. I didn't feel the need to have two when the one is so beautiful!

Comment

Again I can't upload the photo..

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                    Think I shared this picture before. These are ours.

I used my "engagement" ring as my wedding ring as well. I didn't feel the need to have two when the one is so beautiful!
                    I'm totally in love with your ring, lucybelle!!

Comment

I want something like this!

I am not super picky, I just want a good sized diamond and for a thinner band.

Comment

wow, this is incredibly odd to me to see you post the EXACT same picture I posted as the engagement ring that I wanted AND in the very same thread, it was my first ever LFAD post infact!

I posted the picture so long ago that the photo link is now broken and doesn't work anymore... but I have quoted my post below -

He did end up getting me the ring almost the exact ring! (except mine has 4 prongs holding each side diamond, apparently it's more secure) it is amazing and I fall in love with it all over again, daily. We have since gotten married and I do actually wear a wedding band with it - a 2mm plain white gold band, I love the look with the band, very 'married'.

For some reason I can't add an image at the moment but Chizatlauren, if you're interested in seeing my ring just let me know and I'll upload a photo later

Just super crazy you want the same ring as me!
                        Hi Jazi! It IS crazy! hahahaha! I'm excited to see yours! Pretty pleaseeee! I'm excited for mine (I've heard that it's just around the corner haha!)

Comment

Hi Jazi! It IS crazy! hahahaha! I'm excited to see yours! Pretty pleaseeee! I'm excited for mine (I've heard that it's just around the corner haha!)
                          Here you go! picture worked for me this time . When you get your proposal/ring I want to see it!!

Comment

Spamming this with another picture of my ring. Okay, it's actually of our rings.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                              Spamming this with another picture of my ring. Okay, it's actually of our rings.

our husbands have the same looking wedding band!

Comment

our husbands have the same looking wedding band!
                                Picture!

Comment

Working...
                                X