No announcement yet.

Engagement rings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All these rings are gorgeous, but I just can't help but thinking that I would never be able to afford two sets of rings! Definitely going to be a cheapo and stick with one set for the actual wedding once it comes to that. It's enough for me to feast my eyes on the pictures

~
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Originally posted by VeraRyan View Post
      Did you know that in the NL engagement rings arent a big deal?
      Usually guys just buy a nice looking ring for their SOs and I rarely see a big center stone.
      Its good that you and him are having the same thoughts on it
      Yes, I am aware that it isn't common there. I actually had to explain to him about engagement rings and all of that. He doesn't necessarily get the whole ring thing, but he wants me to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyKat View Post

Got this for my woman in Dec. We are officially engaged! <3
        Congratulations
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by Miasmata View Post
          All these rings are gorgeous, but I just can't help but thinking that I would never be able to afford two sets of rings! Definitely going to be a cheapo and stick with one set for the actual wedding once it comes to that. It's enough for me to feast my eyes on the pictures
          The older I get, the less important this stuff is to me. Nevertheless, I still love to see the sparkly pictures!!
          "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

None of this stuff is important to us. We aren't holding a wedding ceremony and neither will we have fancy rings. I had suggested at least getting some cheap steel rings but she refused and said we can just make our own rings out of grass. haha.
            First contact: March, 2014
            Official LDR: June, 2014
            Married since: August, 2017
            “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

I wanted to show you my engagement ring too. I am in love with it.

Never expected to get a ring like that and he totally surprised me with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alma View Post
                I wanted to show you my engagement ring too. I am in love with it.

Never expected to get a ring like that and he totally surprised me with that.

It's lovely! Unfortunately I broke my arm a few weeks ago while we were on a cruise. They had to cut my ring off...
                sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

This one is mine! It's a family heirloom from his side, I think it's about 50 years old? 60? I treat it like it's 1,000 years old, let me tell you! (This is with the wedding band on xD The poor boy forgot to take it off before he proposed!)

Comment

Heirloom rings are awesome, and yours looks stunning
                    So, here you are
                    too foreign for home
                    too foreign for here.
                    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Here's my engagement ring (pictures right after I got it - like a year ago). It's an antique we found online. I absolutely fell in love with it. It has one round oec diamond and two french cut sapphires. I LOVE the metal work and the way that it sits on my hand. Because of its shape, I wear my wedding ring on my right hand. Both my hands sparkle!!

And here's our rings from our wedding. His is an ancient viking ring - over 1000 years old!
                      Last edited by sewbama; February 14, 2015, 09:02 PM.
                      Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
                      Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
                      Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
                      LD again: July 24, 2012
                      Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
                      Married: November 1, 2014
                      Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

Realized I never posted my ring! I have a purple addiction and I told him I wanted a purple ring, white gold, plus something not big since I work with my hands a lot and I didn't want it getting stuck places. I have to say my fiance did well for not 'knowing much about jewelry' as he said. ^-^

Met online: 04.19.14
                        Became a couple: 04.23.14
                        First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
                        Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
                        Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
                        Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
                        CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

We haven't gotten engaged yet, although he just paid off the ring (I think, but I'm not supposed to know). We purchased mine for under $700 at a Michael Hill (Australia) Valentine's Day sale. It's super gorgeous, but super modest too. I'd rather the money be spent on a vacation (the honeymoon) or anything else that either isn't going to last a singe day (the wedding) or just sit on my hand and be a target for thieves. Sorry photo quality is so bad, only had my iphone, and the pics don't do it justice at all.

Comment

Very beautiful rings ladies!

Finally I get a chance to post a picture of mine:

Comment

Ohno! I can't see your picture, Lilly

Comment

Lilly, you are trying to link to a Google mail file, that doesn't work. Save the picture to your PC and upload in a place like imgur, then we can see it!

~
                                It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                                A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                                The hands of the many must join as one
                                And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
                                X